Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 26 Ch. 249 - The Angel and Immortality

Dex-chan lover
I am still not used to seeing the early Tsukasa.
Cause I can't see myself imagining the Tsukasa now to do such a risky thing as jumping to her death just to save someone.

Group Leader
I heard the author took hiatus because of what happened to Gojo from JJK. Is that true or people just memeing?
That was real editor note at the end of chapter 250. While I personally think it is funny. The author himself got so much workload of drawing arts and chapters for both Tonikawa and Hayate no Gotoku Complete edition (recent omnibus reprints). He had to draw extra chapters, covers, bonus material and cover art for both on top of Tonikawa Weeklys. It seems like he took four weeks of breaks. But he would still be working anyways

Dex-chan lover
It's rather curious how the more we learn about her past, the more it seems she personally knew every person of great import every few generations.

One wonders if her "curse" does more than provide her with immortality and pushes her onto the path of destiny. Or if it's the other way around....that great figures in Japanese history made the mark they did because they came in contact with an inexplicable, immortal girl who defied all logic, opening their eyes to nee possibilities.

Dex-chan lover
if i were japanese i'd probably be annoyed at this manga smearing its existentialism all over my history

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

She is baptized yet another kid...
:worry:

Dex-chan lover
It's rather curious how the more we learn about her past, the more it seems she personally knew every person of great importance every few generations.

One wonders if her "curse" does more than provide her with immortality and pushes her onto the path of destiny. Or if it's the other way around....that great figures in Japanese history made the mark they did because they came in contact with an inexplicable, immortal girl who defied all logic, opening their eyes to new possibilities.
In my opinion, I would assume that it isn't so much a part of her curse, but I think that it comes from the fact that she is immortal and feels that it is her responsibility as a Japanese citizen to play her part for the greater good of the country.

More specifically, the longer she lives the more knowledge she gains about human society and civilization, and unless she self-isolates she will become more likely to try and direct human evolution and the progression of civilization to ensure she has a happy life. Until she falls into a deep depression, because even though she is envolved with each era she can't remain in the forefront as people would start to question her not aging (at first people would be curious why she didn't age and would probably try to study her but once the research didn't pan out then people would start avoiding her if it became known that she was immortal) and the fact that everyone she meets ends up dieing before her and she wants to self-isolate.

Group Leader
Buddha bringing salvation? I'm not super familiar with how Buddhism evolved after reaching Japan but with this depiction of Kuukai I'm not sure Hata-sensei knows either :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Is this a re-upload or something bc I feel like I've already read this chapter... 🤔
No, but the exact situation in the beginning has been shown before. I'm drawing blanks on names, but the daughter of the old lady, the mother of the rich girl who appears every now and then. She, too, almost fell off a cliff as a child. That or it was the granddaughter.

Or it was someone else entirely, but we've had this happen at least one other time.

On another topic, page 15, minor typo misgendering Mao in the middle panel middle bubble

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaahhhh enough of the damn Tsukasa flashbacks!
Oh well, if the author needs to take care of their health I suppose it's ok...

Users who are viewing this thread