Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Labyrinth of time

@Kurogwane
So are we supposed to believe that Nasa is in touch with pop culture or not? I doubt a science nerd like him would watch that far into Gundam without thinking/realizing. If anything Planetes seems more up his alley

Double-page supporter
Just because you're a nerd doesn't mean you have to only like Hard-Sci-Fi. The Nerds I know, myself included, love the softer stuff too so long as its honest and earnest about it. Don't try to put on airs about being Hard Sci-Fi or Realistic just to toss out whatever nonsense you need to get the plot from point A to point B. Basically just know your Genre and play to its strengths, and that's certainly something that G Gundam does very well having taken the General Gundam Setting and molded it perfectly into a classic Super Robot Story.

That said if anything his comment shows he's NOT in touch with pop culture. At least not Modern Pop Culture. G Gundam was aired in 1994 for cryin' out loud.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it! I curse you plot device for doesn't allow our characters to get laid

Dex-chan lover
On the shirt is written tapioka. In Portuguese it is tapioca. It's a Brazilian dish. It is a mass of the cassava root stuffed with cheese, beef, chicken, etc. Before stuffing the dough is cooked. Tapioca in Asia refers to bubble tea, one of the ingredients are pearls made with cassava. In Brazil these pearls are common, but they call sago. The Brazilian sago is an imitation of the sago produced with the root of an Asian palm. Do you understand? Asians use a Brazilian product that is an imitation an Asian product.

Aggregator gang
@Kaduufrrj uh, tapioca is starch, not food. Are you okay, man?

Tapioca in Asia means starch made from cassava roots. Meanwhile, your «Asian version» of ‘tapioca’ is called ‘bubble/pearl’ here.

We use tapioca because it has hard & chewy texture when cooked.

@sherrynity well it's a bit confusing because tapioca in brazil can refers to:
> the cassava starch
> a dish made with cassava starch, looks like a pancake
> the ‘bubble/pearl’ thing but in flakes (is essencially the same thing)

so yeah, tapioca is considered as food around here.

Dex-chan lover
chynabrack Your explanation is right. And lastly tapioca is a Brazilian word of indigenous origin.

Double-page supporter
Her future self traveling back in time to meet Nasa? Hence the title is Labyrinth of time.

I think the wifey are someone from japanese myth , or has life long enough....
kaguya hime?

Dex-chan lover
@Ices Good call. Especially since the old lady has the same habits when speaking.

Ooo, a plot developed. Tsukasa's granma ? But I think she already know much about Nasa and his married life with Tsukasa. Look at that smile, a "Hey I know everything, you know" smile

Aggregator gang
If she turns out to be Mikado's wife, that would be a great plot twist with no relevance.

Users who are viewing this thread