Tora to Hachidori - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's never a good look running out of a store and grabbing a child regardless of the reason. It already a bad situation when someone decides to shoplift, but it won't make it better to go running after them. It's just some money on a scale for a business lost. Not worth the trouble and can probably be handled in a much better fashion.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's never a good look running out of a store and grabbing a child regardless of the reason. It already a bad situation when someone decides to shoplift, but it won't make it better to go running after them. It's just some money on a scale for a business lost. Not worth the trouble and can probably be handled in a much better fashion.
So you are actually saying a shop should just let a thief get away, just because its a highschooler? I am sorry, but this is one of the dumbest comments I have seen in a long time

Dex-chan lover
So you are actually saying a shop should just let a thief get away, just because its a highschooler? I am sorry, but this is one of the dumbest comments I have seen in a long time
You've never worked in retail apparently lol
One of the first things they tell you is to just let a shoplifter go and report it to your boss instead. Every store has cameras. They can report it and maybe do something afterward. On top of everything, they'd rather not have you get hurt in the event of retaliation by the shoplifter and have to figure out that mess of HR and laws. The possible lawsuit after injury will end up costing more money than the stolen goods.

Dex-chan lover
You've never worked in retail apparently lol
One of the first things they tell you is to just let a shoplifter go and report it to your boss instead. Every store has cameras. They can report it and maybe do something afterward. On top of everything, they'd rather not have you get hurt in the event of retaliation by the shoplifter and have to figure out that mess of HR and laws. The possible lawsuit after injury will end up costing more money than the stolen goods.
Dont know what country you live in, but we learn to actually stop the thief if we see them steal something. Also dont know how it works in your country but if you get injured stopping a thief here, the insurance Company will pay you for the damaged (depending on how serious they are) or the thief will be charged with assault and will be told to pay for the damaged, so we dont have to go through laws and lawsuits, its simply is all ready when you get hired🤷🏼‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
Really like Author's works but, i still havent seen any spicy/hint of progress between these two, their other series has really good writing though. well i dont mind if this is a slow burn, Matsuri is amusing to read learning about this job

Thank you for the update!

Dex-chan lover
Really like Author's works but, i still havent seen any spicy/hint of progress between these two, their other series has really good writing though. well i dont mind if this is a slow burn, Matsuri is amusing to read learning about this job

Thank you for the update!
Def a slow burn , there r sparks there in a real subtle way I think

Can't wait 2 see these two get closer

But also it's fun just as a deep dive into the fashion industry honestly, almost feels like we r learning alongside yodokawa

Dex-chan lover
Dont know what country you live in, but we learn to actually stop the thief if we see them steal something. Also dont know how it works in your country but if you get injured stopping a thief here, the insurance Company will pay you for the damaged (depending on how serious they are) or the thief will be charged with assault and will be told to pay for the damaged, so we dont have to go through laws and lawsuits, its simply is all ready when you get hired🤷🏼‍♂️
United States here. And no, here, the the shoplifter can sue the company if a low level employee put hands on them. Even if it were the laws of your country, no bottom rung retail job is worth running after a shoplifter, ESPECIALLY if they are a kid. Aggressively pursuing a child is it's own crime alone. You would probably get let go if a boss here saw your hands on any other person while during work hours.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation (I do wonder what this JK's reason is? The shoplifting shouldn't be excused, but I'm open to being empathetic if she warrants it).

Dex-chan lover
United States here. And no, here, the the shoplifter can sue the company if a low level employee put hands on them. Even if it were the laws of your country, no bottom rung retail job is worth running after a shoplifter, ESPECIALLY if they are a kid. Aggressively pursuing a child is it's own crime alone. You would probably get let go if a boss here saw your hands on any other person while during work hours.
Oh now i understand why shop lifting has became a trend lmao what dumb laws

Dex-chan lover
Tbh United States sound like a trash country everytime I hear about the laws there. Here its not a crime to aggressively pursuing a child if they stole from you or your store, also here bosses will in most cases give you a raise if you catch a thief stealing from the store

Users who are viewing this thread