Tora wa Ryuu wo Mada Tabenai - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Fragmented Elopement

Dex-chan lover
Fully typeset SFX are like the cherry on a cake. It's a good show of capability and nice to have, but it's a pain in the ass to do. I can read them anyway so I don't even mind if SFX are not translated at all. SFX notes seem like the best option if you must translate them.

Fed-Kun's army
As most commenters said, SFX notes would do just fine, it's not really worth waiting more, nor is is it worth wasting time doing something that doesn't add that much to an ongoing story

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for continuing this manga. As for SFX, I'd say don't bother except on those that might otherwise be hard to figure out even in context. Or use the margins to say like "Shaaaaa - waterfall sounds" or something like that.

Fed-Kun's army
OMG! Thank you for picking this up! Just the other day, I was dreading knowing I could never read the rest of the chapters in english 😔 but I was so happy to see that it updated! Thank you very much!!!

Group Leader
Thanks for so many replies in a short period of time. The general consensus happy medium seems to be to just add notes at the bottom of panels translating SFX rather than going all out. In the interest of catching up to the current 20-something chapters out, I think I will be going with this method.
hello
im from the abandoned group scans and I wanted to say that if you need any help we can provide that
or if you want to collaborate on this project
would really appreciate your reply

Group Leader
Thank you so much for translating the chapter! I'm really, really glad to be able to read this series again. It's ok not to translate the SFX for me. 🙇‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
I do like and appreciate the adding of suffix. But if it slows you down too much don't let it bother you.

Dex-chan lover
for sfx put a subtitle to the side or top. no need to waste time and energy

Dex-chan lover
That forest seems to have all the standard East Asian real and fantasy beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread