Toshiue Elite Onna Kishi ga Boku no Mae de dake Kawaii - Ch. 36.2

Dex-chan lover
Issues on page 2

"I disappeared the door"
should be
"I hid the door"
or "erased" if you want... both would work...

Should be

"Well, since there isn't anybody coming in...
We might as well cut a little loose..."

Group Leader
Issues on page 2

Using disappeared as a transitive verb was an intentional decision because it's fun. Another potentially excellent translation would be "yeetus deletus'd the door". It also makes Karen's tsukkomi much better.

I also reserve the right to use "ain't". "Ain't" is a wonderful contraction that many of my peers and I use quite often. As such, I will continue using it.

Calling these both "issues" gives me much offense, and you will soon be hearing from my lawyers for emotional damage.

Dex-chan lover
appreciate the chapter, but that last page seems kind of off compared to the normal vocabulary the manga has used before. Like "lol... Lmao..." doesn't fit the the setting.

Dex-chan lover
Using disappeared as a transitive verb was an intentional decision because it's fun. Another potentially excellent translation would be "yeetus deletus'd the door". It also makes Karen's tsukkomi much better.

I also reserve the right to use "ain't". "Ain't" is a wonderful contraction that many of my peers and I use quite often. As such, I will continue using it.

Calling these both "issues" gives me much offense, and you will soon be hearing from my lawyers for emotional damage.
I don't have a problem with "ain't" just that in that specific case, it sounded awkward... it feels off from how everything else sounded.... And you could also use "Since nobody's coming in..."

And for the door, then you could use "I made the door disappear"... the issue is that "I disappeared the door" just sounds wrong and doesn't sound like how people actually speak....

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL. I feel its a good idea to use Circle, as explained it was a joke so it can be prolongued.
and finally a chapter that somehpw reminds me why I am I reading this series, its origins. I missed this, I cant wait to see the bitches kingdom arc to be over…

Dex-chan lover
finally, karen content the Toshiue Elite Onna Kishi ga Boku no Mae de dake Kawaii series herself just like what the title says

Double-page supporter
I don't have a problem with "ain't" just that in that specific case, it sounded awkward... it feels off from how everything else sounded.... And you could also use "Since nobody's coming in..."

And for the door, then you could use "I made the door disappear"... the issue is that "I disappeared the door" just sounds wrong and doesn't sound like how people actually speak....
There is nothing wrong with “disappeared the door”. It is not normal usage but if you are being silly then it can be said. I’ve personally used it.

Dex-chan lover

"Plaintiff, do you have anything to add?"
"Yes your honor. Ahem...

Emotional-damage-meme.jpg

... that is all."

Supporter
Having been part of a 300-plus year old dragoon unit whose name is along the lines of CityName Cavalry, the fact that in this manga there are no horses in sight causes me no issues.

Just as we used tanks, APCs and copters because war horses became obsolete, in that world it may be the case that people aided by magic can outrun any animal so they just kept the "knights" appellation as traditional.

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's your choice to use them, though they just feel off and reading them is making them feel like it's just bad grammar...

But that's not the point...

You think you can sue me for doing my job???

I'm an Asian parents, emotional damage IS my job.....

I also have sandals at the ready if you so wish......

Users who are viewing this thread