Toshiue Elite Onna Kishi ga Boku no Mae de dake Kawaii - Ch. 36.3

Dex-chan lover
The fact you find eggnog vile just confirms the lede that shows you have trash taste, because peanut butter and tomato are two flavours that meld well together, and the complex of ingredients used to make it in addition to those two form a nuttier but similar base as butter chicken sauce. It works as a soup in and of itself, as well as a stew base, especially if you add squash or chickpeas for bulk; beef, chicken, pork, and fish all work well as meat additions, but aren't necessary, either.

LOL, no.

Dex-chan lover
"Peanut butter and tomato stew"

...No.

Just because two things are great on their own doesn't mean that they work well when put together. Almost everything in eggnogg by itself is great. You put it together and usually you have one of the most vile seasonal drinks in existence.
How fucking dare you. Eggnog is one of the best parts of the holidays.

If you think tomato and peanut is gross together, just wait until you eat any non European food. Asians mix peanuts and tomatoes with everything.

Dex-chan lover
How fucking dare you. Eggnog is one of the best parts of the holidays.

If you think tomato and peanut is gross together, just wait until you eat any non European food. Asians mix peanuts and tomatoes with everything.

Modern day eggnog is vile. Period.

Also, not many asian dishes use tomatoes and considering that peanut butter is not that popular in most east asian countries outside of China (and having known people that traveled abroad there, some places like Indonesia it's almost impossible to find a jar of peanut butter outside of specialty/western stores)... and including PEANUTS is not the same as including peanut butter. Using nuts as additive is common and longstanding because you can get a hearty and almost meaty component to it.

But, again, peanut butter != peanuts. Consistency and make-up matter. It mentioned and I said peanut BUTTER. That is not just peanuts/nuts. Nuance, but it matters a fuckload in this context.

Dex-chan lover
Modern day eggnog is vile. Period.

Also, not many asian dishes use tomatoes and considering that peanut butter is not that popular in most east asian countries outside of China (and having known people that traveled abroad there, some places like Indonesia it's almost impossible to find a jar of peanut butter outside of specialty/western stores)... and including PEANUTS is not the same as including peanut butter. Using nuts as additive is common and longstanding because you can get a hearty and almost meaty component to it.

But, again, peanut butter != peanuts. Consistency and make-up matter. It mentioned and I said peanut BUTTER. That is not just peanuts/nuts. Nuance, but it matters a fuckload in this context.
Again, you're wrong. Peanut butter is used throughout south east asia in their cooking. Literally a 10 second google search would show you I'm right.

Peanut butter and tomato, if you lean into it being savory, can be fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
Again, you're wrong. Peanut butter is used throughout south east asia in their cooking. Literally a 10 second google search would show you I'm right.

No, you're wrong and I have the statistics to prove it. Peanut butter is not common throughout south east asia whatsoever. You suck at Googling.

Then again, you also just lumped in peanuts with peanut butter like they were the same god damn thing.

Peanut butter and tomato, if you lean into it being savory, can be fantastic.

Yeah, no. There's a reason why with countries like America where tomatoes and peanut butter are both abundant that it never caught on: Because it's not appetizing to most people. Notice that the only time it ever did appear in American history was during the Great Depression where people were literally fucking starving and after that it virtually disappears overnight.

Considering that tomato is not that popular among vegetables in asian dishes and the fact that I just proved that very, very few asian countries are consuming any meaningful amounts of peanut butter... I rest my fucking case.

Group Leader
No, you're wrong and I have the statistics to prove it. Peanut butter is not common throughout south east asia whatsoever. You suck at Googling.

Then again, you also just lumped in peanuts with peanut butter like they were the same god damn thing.

Yeah, no. There's a reason why with countries like America where tomatoes and peanut butter are both abundant that it never caught on: Because it's not appetizing to most people. Notice that the only time it ever did appear in American history was during the Great Depression where people were literally fucking starving and after that it virtually disappears overnight.

Considering that tomato is not that popular among vegetables in asian dishes and the fact that I just proved that very, very few asian countries are consuming any meaningful amounts of peanut butter... I rest my fucking case.
The statistics only show the amount of peanut butter consumed within the country, but that is not an indicator of whether peanut butter is common in the region. Peanut butter is in fact quite common in Southeast Asia. I know this because I am a Malaysian living in Malaysia for the past 30+ years and I've been to several other Southeast Asian countries like Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, and you can easily find peanut butter in convenience stores everywhere.

Tomatoes are also a very common vegetable in Asian dishes. I don't even know where you get this idea that the tomato isn't popular in Asian dishes.

Users who are viewing this thread