Toshiue Elite Onna Kishi ga Boku no Mae de dake Kawaii - Vol. 1 Ch. 7.2

I hope you take that lesson kiddo.. 😉
Go win Karen.. Else I will take her.. Eh.. Lol..

Dex-chan lover
My guess that this asshole ikemen had a hidden sex dungeon failed, but the bar about the marriage candidates was set up quite high.
Hope our mc channels a lot of Reiwa energy before the prince appears.

Dex-chan lover
His "ally" just went 0 to 160 in a matter of a second, he's a fool for taking that shit lightly

What he was wondering about in the end was pretty much answered already,she was gonna decline already when the thief showed up(considering that he can clearly hear her being a bit anxious in what she was gonna say),so that was already dumb in itself. Also fuck that mage and thank god the virgin captain declined

Fed-Kun's army
I can't say that I like where this is going...
This mage doing a 180º turn and suddenly being his ally ? while she was the one who set this up. That's 99% a flag that she is not to be trusted
Like most readers pointed, this "If you keep dawdling about like this" is ridiculous, he has been straightforward the entire time, any more then this and its harassment.
The captain is the one blocking the development, tho she has marriage interview ? (But secretly she refuses those guys because... ? she likes the Mc )
What is the point to go to them ? Is she forced to mate the marriage candidates ?
Is this a Japanese logic I'm too European to understand or some forced tsunderism ? And dont even get me started on the harem forced subplot

Also, just wished he was a bit older or she was a bit younger, the whole pedo / shotacon is always cringe to me ngl. (People calling that wholesome blows my mind)
This is just going downhill, the ship is sinking and it's better to abandon it while it has some kind of value(»?) and keep some nice memories from this.

Dex-chan lover
If a man can't appreciate a woman with the martial prowess to kick his ass, he ought not to be called a man at all

Double-page supporter
I'm not saying I called it last chapter... But I totally called it. He's a perv who wants to dominate a female knight by "making her into a proper lady".

@WhiteEkans I agree with the age gap, and I wish he was a bit older. At least 18. Though, this is a medieval/fantasy setting where people are adult (or at least can marry) at 16. And he isn't an innocent kid, he's 16 years old. At this age lots of people (me included) already had lost their virginity and were sexually active to some degree. I find the gap a bit disturbing too, but it's not as bad as some other mangas where the guy is literally 12 and the girl is a straight out pedo.
I'd say it sits in a grey area since in that world setting they are adult at 16 (so it's not illegal) and he's the one going after her, it's not like she was a child predator.

As for the mage, she said herself she wasn't the one who set it up. She only introduced him to her, but someone else asked her to do it. I'm willing to bet on Karen's parents. She's almost 30 and not married / in a relationship, it wouldn't be weird if her parents were pushing her to meet someone. So yeah, she might actually be forced to go to them, and you don't need to be Japanese to understand it lmao. That kind of things happen in Europe too in the more traditional families. The children don't have 100% freedom in their future partners and the parents will often pressure them to go out with someone "from a good family". In the best case scenario they will only oppose the marriage if the partner isn't from a good enough family, or in the worst case scenario they will be the one picking up the future mariage partner.

As for the "if you keep dawdling about it", I half agree with you. Sure he has been pretty straightforward about it, but he hasn't been serious enough. He's acting like a child about it, mostly for comedic purposes but yeah. It's pretty clear she isn't taking him seriously and is not seeing him as a man and a potential partner. The huge gap in their age doesn't help, but iff he isn't more serious and doesn't make her realize that he's pretty serious about it and that he is a potential partner, she will end up with someone else. The mage was spot on about it : going out with her means sacrificing his youth. They live in different worlds : she is at the age where she will need to marry, settle down and have a family life, while he is at the peak of his youth right now. He has to realize what kind of sacrifice going out with her means, accept them, and convey to her that he is serious about it, or she will keep seeing him as just someone fooling around.

Finally, I think she might have some kind of feelings for him, but it's not enough to start a relationship when you're at her age. Feelings aren't the only thing that matters in a relationship. They are important, but other things are important too : financial stability, looking for the same thing in a relationship, having the same long term goals, having the same idea of what a family life is etc. Not everyone you have feelings for are potential partners when you reach a certain age. And I think that in this case, despite the fact that she has feelings for him, she clearly doesn't see him as a marriage partner. Probably because she realizes that because of the age gap between them their goals are different, or because she doesn't want him to sacrifice his youth for her. Which are both valid points.

MD@Home
"Don't you know the title of this manga" Who needs a fourth wall anyhow …

@ShinGetsu

yeah her s3 is good, i saw some videos... but that means I would have to e2 her and i am only lv30 and that would take weeks, even a month (i'm not whaleing out here)

if her summons didn't count as units, I would consider using her, but before e2 she seems useless to me

Dex-chan lover
Maybe if she hadn’t been full of shit and lied about her job the guy wouldn’t have used those lines, just sayin

Dex-chan lover
@Kekitus marriage was always about making connections. Daughters are/were used for making connections to other important families while males, expanded the family and kept it alive. For someone like Karen who is a one woman army, I wouldn't be surprised if the crown didn't try to pick her man/men as they'd want her to have sons who would be hopefully even stronger than her and more daughters to pass on that strength too.

@Kekitus

I would agree with out assessment of "iff he isn't more serious and doesn't make her realize that he's pretty serious about it and that he is a potential partner, she will end up with someone else." if it wasn't for the chapter where she suffers from getting poisoned by a monster. He chides her for her recklessness, carries her home, takes care of her and cleans up her room and most importantly, apparently takes over the majority of her duties to the point that her underlings wondered just who he is.
Hell, that that point *I* would give him a chance, and I am not even into men.

While yes, he could be acting more serious, consider that he A) has been rejected multiple times and B) he is still only 16 years old. If anyone in that situation should call for a session of "let's sit down and honestly say how we feel" it's her. Not to mention that honestly, it would be pretty creepy if he went even further than he already does. If it wasn't the premise of the manga his actions would already be plenty creepy.

@Liquidlax Absolutely yeah. Feelings have always been secondary in marriage until very recent times. Marriage of love is a really modern thing, which isn't to say that it's necessarily a bad thing. And even then, in richer families/more traditional families, it's not all about feelings. I didn't consider the possibility that the crown was behind it, but I absolutely agree that it's definitely a possibility. And the mage actions would make even more sense if the King was the one behind.
With this being said, I don't think that the King would have agreed to the man picked up here if the reason was to make strong children, since he's definitely not a warrior and is more of a wimp. So even if your explanation completely makes sense, I don't really think that's the case here and that's why I think the parents are probably the one behind.

@MurphySlaw I actually agree with you on this, and I might have expressed myself poorly so I apologize if that's the case. I completely agree that if it wasn't a manga, it would literally be harassment, especially the part where he wipes her body without her consent with his eyes blindfolded (as if it was enough to make it okay, he's literally touching her body without her consent which is 100% not okay), which is why I said that most of his comportment can actually be explained by the comedic purpose of the manga. It's a manga so we pass it off as comedy, but in real life it would be creepy, I agree. I think it's important to differenciate between what's acceptable for comedy purposes and what's acceptable in real life. If I had to take a non sexual example : in a lot of mangas parents punch their 8 years old child on the head strong enough to leave a big bump on their head because they did a small mistake, and we all understand that it's a joke, it's comedy. Nobody would take that as an excuse to punch an actual 8 years old, and everyone knows how wrong it would be to punch sunch a young infant. It also applies in couples : "Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!", when Yuuta hits Rikka repeatedly because she's acting like an idiot, nobody take that as a justification of domestic violence. I think the same applies here, his "creepy" behavior isn't really creepy when you take into account that this is a romcom and that all of it is just done with the intent to make an audience laugh.

I also think that when he took everything on his shoulder, it actually left quite a bit of an impression on Karen as we can see in the last chapter, and I don't think she's completely oblivious to her own feelings. I think she's considering him as a potential partner more than she did before. But I also don't think any of the two characters are really at fault for the stagnating relationship. Because if you put yourself in her shoes it's quite hard to take a 16 years old boy who confessed to you, his actual boss, on the first day he met you. She's probably seeing him as messing around and I think her point of view isn't really faulty. The age gap makes it hard for the relationship to progress without someone making a really serious move.

The part where I think you might have misunderstood what I meant is where I said he should act more seriously. By that I didn't mean he should push further with more actions. I agree that further than this would be creepy. I think it's more of a general attitude, and more about the words and the speech than the acts. I think he should really take the time to be honest with his feelings, without messing around. Take her separately, maybe on a diner or something, and tell her his feelings in a more serious way. Though I realize how anticlimatic it would be and it would kill the comedy. I also think it's time for him to pull instead of pushing. She clearly felt jealous when she thought he might be going out with another girl, or during the chapter when he went to buy an ero book and she thought he had a date. I think at this point he needs to make her realize too that she might lose something if she doesn't pursue the relationship with him and give it a more serious thought.
Hope that can clarify what I meant by my last post.

Dex-chan lover
1. GRATZ ON NIAN! She was piece of work and a half to get. A friend of mine used almost everything up and got 3 aaks instead (and all the dumb amounts of hung that getting 3 aaks and no other 6* would imply...why is it only here that the 5* is on something close to true "rate up" SMH)

2. Nice overhead kick in a dress :eek:k_hand:

3. Big think on how everything will move from now on.

@Kekitus

Oh, I definitely agree that in this story he behaviour isn't creepy, because it's par for the course. As for the examples for violence you don't even need to look at other mangas. Karen did beat him up for startling her. My problem is just when comedy mangas suddenly try to be all serious. Some pull it off, but many just give me mood whiplash. Another far more extreme example (that is on my mind because I just read the recent chapter) being "Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen" where the MC is supposed to be a male tsundere towards the assumed love interest, but the author kinda forgot to ever show any romantic attraction on his part.

Honestly, I would be all for an "anti climatic" solution, if the alternative is contrived drama like in this chapter (not just the dawdling part). The comedy could actually profit from it, since them getting together doesn't invalidate the premise at all. But I am pretty sure we will only get actual development when the leader of that bandit group from a few chapters back comes in to play. Bonus points if she has prior involvement with Haru and reveals something about him, like why he was chosen to train with the princess and how he is able to do Karen's job without much trouble.

Dex-chan lover
Dude don't overthink things, it's just comedic shotacon manga, who really cares about your theses on Japanese manga MC psychology

Users who are viewing this thread