Toshiue Elite Onna Kishi ga Boku no Mae de dake Kawaii - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.2

Dex-chan lover
you put more dedication into the credit page than I do when studying for exam

Aggregator gang
I read the full fucking credit page.. what the fuck is wrong with me?

Dex-chan lover
I never understood the harem tag sometimes. A harem is when a person is dating or is married to multiple people(with their acknowledgement and consent, if not then it is cheating). Multiple people liking someone isn't a harem. It's just multiple people liking someone. None of this matters however since the mc likes his captain. Also, thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
Tl notes at the end of a chapter aren't always my favourite part about the chapter, but when they are, it's mostly for the memes. However I didn't think a Tl note that probably put more words into a fucking essay discussing the harem tag than the entire manga has had so far, would be my favourite part of the manga, but here we are.

Double-page supporter
Damn props to translator san for doing a well done explanation of "is this manga a harem?", good job!!

156437665_792766894969309_7676042671179247007_n.jpg

Group Leader
I can't believe they just cracked the code on how Tonikaku is a harem, impeccable reasoning

Dex-chan lover
Bish has nice tits...

But... seriously... this author... making the series a harem -_-

I will concede that if it ONLY lasts for a short while, then it wouldn't be a harem. But if it focuses too much on other girls liking the MC, then yes, it'd be a harem manga. If it's an arc thing, then this would be a harem arc at most and would be considered an exception to the series as a whole.

Hopefully, it's just an arc. But if this continues, then yes it would be a harem manga.

And no, translator-san, you cannot compare this situation with Tonikaku Kawaii at all.

For Nasa-kun, another girl did have a crush on him, yes, but that was done in a single chapter and they moved on. 2nd girls that was willing to sleep with him was a joke. And from HUNDREDS of separate chapters.

If the series had more focus on the other girls loving Nasa and trying to get with him, then I'd agree that it's a harem. But passing mentions or things for single chapters won't count.

So the comparison doesn't really work. And it's how it's done.

But in this? Multiple girls are in love with the main male interest. This is closer to Rosario Vampire, where the MC loves one girl but other girls are in love with him.

In Tonikaka Kawaii, it was barely happening in 2 separate chapters where it never went anywhere. And that is from HUNDREDS of chapters.

This??? 4 love interests (though one sided) in TWELVE chapters.

Now, if this was just done with a few chapters and easily moved on from, then you would have a point and the chapter/arc would be harem, but not the manga.

But if there is too much focus on him having multiple girls liking him... then it's a harem manga...

Like, that's literally all a harem manga is. Many girls like protagonist boy and it's properly focused on in the story.

Now, if the harem aspect isn't focused on in the story (like for instance, it is only for this arc and the author moves on_ then yes, it wouldn't be a harem manga - but if the author continues with this, then yes it would be.

Like how a single fight scene won't make a series a battle manga.

But this could be a case where an arc has a different genre than the series as a whole.

Double-page supporter
Dude chill, it's just a tag...
It can't hurt you I think?

Dex-chan lover
Lowkey, I'm glad the harem wasn't a one-off gag because the fact even the Princess wants into his pants causes some issues just due to her power

Users who are viewing this thread