Totem's Realm

so far it’s really interesting but this kinda gave me disney tarzan vibes however the art style is great

@cruxl just because it's fiction doesn't mean it doesn't matter. It's this line of thinking that perpetuates day to day racism. What you consider not to be racist might be for some. Media portrayal of BIPOC people often perpetuates stereotypes for marginalized people and therefore affects people in real life. I'm not sure if you've ever experienced racism (I hope not), but often these experiences have are rooted in stereotypes and misinformation. The author can write about Indigenous/Native people, but they need to do proper research and educate themselves about racism and colonialism.

I highly suggest you and others people here to look up Pocahontas and Indigenous/Native representation (I've linked a video about this) and media representation on ethnic minorities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ARX0-AylFI

@calvitre thanks for bringing this up, I think it's super important to spread awareness especially in communities like the scanlation and mangadex community.

@cruxl wow when excusing racism you guys always go for the classic "it doesn't matter if you are brown, black, yellow blue, green" I should be counting the amount of times I heared that

this statement
you may want to think on why your first response to my raising awareness of the problem is not to be mad at the racism itself, but at me for pointing it out.

disproves the opening for this statement
again, i’m not judging people for reading it, but i want to spread awareness cause based on the comments, people weren’t thinking about that aspect. if they can go into it informed, and still enjoy it, all the better.

These are mutually exclusive statements. I can tell you what purpose they serve, they serve to make you feel morally superior to other people. You can tell that its an ego trip because the whole concept as you put it, begins with your assumption that other people were too stupid to see this angle in the first place. News flash, they weren't, which begs the question why don't you see that? You're obviously don't attribute other's stupidity to their race... is it just to facilitate your ego trip? To offer you an out from this disgusting position I suggested you consider putting entertainment into a different perspective. Prioritizing ease of enjoyment another way to consider the obstructive offense and if its worth you not having fun. Of course I was hoping this would come around to "maybe I am enjoying being offended"... but that might be asking a little too much self awareness from someone who has the arrogance to think they're the first one out of all the reads of this comic to have come across the concept "noble savage trope is racist". Tldr you insult the intelligence and moral character of other people very easily, which might help you avoid realizing that other people know how much of an ego-boost it is to otherize others as inferior and lecture them.
p.s. if you're anti-racist and treating others as inferior, you missed the point of your own endeavor.

After I waited for so long, and then there is an "update" ......
But what do I get? Nothing

Where're the other chapters?? Why they're gone? :'(((((

@laudy the person that you are responding is literally native/indigenous themselves 😀, so i don’t understand why you think they are on some sort of ego trip. they were just giving an analysis on the content of this comic. if your feelings were hurt because of their analysis on racism in manga/web comics/etc., get over yourself and see why you were mad about their view on it in general.

Hi~
For those who are wondering what happened to the chapters, here is the thing:

The Scan who took the title, translated chapter 0 and posted, but someone unknown, at the same time, posted chapter 0 and 1.
The Scan apparently decided to not translate anymore/ dropped because someone already started translating.
But the other person also said that a Scan was already translating, and they would stop doing it.
So both took out the chapters .-.
And even after knowing this, the Scan apparently lose interest in translating. 
They won't translate Totem Realm anymore.

*** I don't belong to any of the parts involved!!!!
I just look in to it because I'm interested in this story, but I may not be 100% right about the facts!!!!!!
**** If you are interested in this story, this may be the time to ask your favorite scan if they would be interested in take this project ;3

Users who are viewing this thread