Totsugi Okureta Kitsune ga Yome ni Kuru Hanashi - Ch. 156 - Hand Waving

Group Leader
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
1,841
I have it in my head that Yukio trying to be Goro kind of looks like a very early Gegege no Kitaro character (which would be appropriate), and that after he gets a human face for one panel the next looks like a very early Kitaro himself, but don't have the first volume on hand to check out (somewhere in my pile of manga). I can't recall if Nezumi Otoko (ratman) looked like that before he settled into his elongated eggplant head or if it was someone else. But I recognized it from somewhere dammit.
 
Supporter
Joined
Apr 1, 2023
Messages
322
Kogane got Yamcha'ed!
Kogane-Got-Yamchaed.png
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
3,748
Mutsumi the Budda!

Yukio was handsome for a sec. Let's wish him luck so that he appear more like that later

Still, I'm kind of surprised that kitsune transforming is getting so technical. Anatomy, skeletons...

Thank you very much for the translation, the fragment of original look on credits page makes me wonder, whether native readers are okay with that
 
Forum Oji-san
Contributor
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
11,552
Teacher to Mutsume on p3: Look, just... read quietly at your desk or something while I continue the lesson with the others.

Yukio on p5 is making ALL THE PROGRESS! :wooow:

...and Kogane's going to need about an hour in as hot a bath as she can stand.

Thanks for the chapter!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 21, 2019
Messages
1,505
Mutsumi the Budda!

Yukio was handsome for a sec. Let's wish him luck so that he appear more like that later

Still, I'm kind of surprised that kitsune transforming is getting so technical. Anatomy, skeletons...

Thank you very much for the translation, the fragment of original look on credits page makes me wonder, whether native readers are okay with that
the thousand-armed tanuki

Actually there’s a pretty famous folktale about tanuki imitating buddhas and boddhisattvas, it’s in one of Lafcadio Hearn’s collections
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
1,841
Still, I'm kind of surprised that kitsune transforming is getting so technical. Anatomy, skeletons...

Thank you very much for the translation, the fragment of original look on credits page makes me wonder, whether native readers are okay with that
I kind of think only Mutsumi the genius even thinks that deeply about it... most of them like Kogane just brute force the forms they know till they get comfortable with them, I think. The might feel all that stuff, but they aren't thinking about it deeply. Chap 132 says Yukio 'later' was famously good for his transformation arts, probably because he got training from Mutsumi. (And hey, he wants to impress his waifu).

I didn't find any negative comments on this pixiv chapter about the watermark, but there were only three comments... Maybe they already figure the watermarks are staying, oh well. But he did back off (a bit) next chapter.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 19, 2019
Messages
3,444
I forsee the old folks complaining a bit that the younger generation does not appreciate their traditions. Goro being respectful the entire time inquiring about their experiences when they were younger and how they had some friction with their elders. By the end the elders becoming at a bit more tolerant and adding a new grandkid to spoil or teach from time to time in Goro.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top