Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou - Vol. 17 Ch. 62 - The 62nd Floor - Purge

Dex-chan lover
Now mc gonna have to calm her down a bit..
IMG_7080.jpg

Dex-chan lover
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
All of that build up and only ended up in public humiliation. Slander against noble usually ended with execution, it's a slander against a god ffs.
Oh man, you're underselling it.

Granted, they didn't go into details, buuu~uuuut...

You ever seen the film, Braveheart? What happened to the MC at the end there with how he was being tortured to death? That's what's coming up next for these guys. And they will probably get all their fingernails pulled as well as their teeth in the process. This was pretty typical stuff during the middle ages. And there won't be anyone there who dares to call for a mercy-kill for these guys.

jlm

Dex-chan lover
I wish manga writers could write stories like this with 3x more chapters, but readers would go insane and burn them with bad reviews

Dex-chan lover
Whoever tried to gaslight me when I said it was spaghetti writing bc the temple proclaimed him god and you responded it was only the higher ups who got the memo 2chapters ago in the comments, screw you :(

Dex-chan lover
Whoever tried to gaslight me when I said it was spaghetti writing bc the temple proclaimed him god and you responded it was only the higher ups who got the memo 2chapters ago in the comments, screw you :(
...Bruh, ain't me (was lordofthesticks) but they said, "Only the higher ups in the church and those that can receive divine messages know hes a god. Whats more the church has no pressence[sic] inside the tower, so people living there will have no idea hes a god." which is generally correct; only they KNOW he's a god, because they can feel his divinity. Everyone else has to rely on being told that he is, and there are many ways to rationalize around it. Yes, the church announced it, which means it would have been disseminated to the nobility, but the common peasantry wouldn't have known beyond vague rumors and hearsay, and even then it's an outlandish tale for anyone who wasn't actually there to feel the holiness of the goddesses in person when he summoned them. In short, it just sounds like jumped up politics to a greedy noble, especially one that doesn't want to acknowledge something beyond their worldview, like a living god actually existing, and it's easy enough to pay off some peasants to spread nasty rumors about a political rival they don't know or care about. Remember also that the concept of living gods as an actual thing and not just myth and legend is something really only known within the Church as well, to the point that the Church needed to be convinced, because it is so rare an occurrence.

Dex-chan lover
As expected, the fate of those mobs is left to the reader imagination....
Well....at least in my mind I can imagine that they got stoned to death
I'm also afraid the thing with Alec ended there and then and nothing more will be said, let's see next chapter...

Dex-chan lover
I hope those fools get heavily tortured, then castrated, then skinned alive, and finally starved to death.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking they made the townspeople round those 3 up as an example and warning to everyone else, and Kouhi is waiting for the go ahead to go back down and publicly and painfully execute them in front of a live studio audience.
Indeed. She doesn't look remotely satisfied with the outcome.

Dex-chan lover
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
All of that build up and only ended up in public humiliation. Slander against noble usually ended with execution, it's a slander against a god ffs.
Well that's the thing now with the Gods involved. No matter what they're put through, when the end of their days comes, their torment still won't end for them if the Gods won't let them off the hook. Not with literally hundreds of Deities on Kosuke's side. Something better enjoyed blow-by-blow instead of with a summarized timeskip, methinks.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure how much each fluffy fox subtracts from the divine wrath part of the equation but I'm guessing that, without them, Kouhi would be getting her smite on already.

Users who are viewing this thread