Tougen Anki - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Dangerous Guys

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the good ol' "the people who are supposed to be the good guys are more despicable than the 'villains'" trope again.

Dex-chan lover
@Kutabarie

Momotaro is also an Imperial Japanese Army Propaganda for WW2 anyways, so it kind of fits the fact that they truly are on the bad side of things, as Allied Powers were depicted to be the Oni.

This momotaros more like oni for me.....
May be, this because the story is from Oni's point' of view.... But for them to kill innocent child because they have oni blood is so cruel!!!! T o T

Dex-chan lover
calling it now, they're gonna give these momotaro some sad sob stories and expected people to feel bad for them

Makes you wonder if Onis truly go around killing people or this is just the propaganda the Momotarou hear.

Double-page supporter
Look guys, the story's villains are doing villainous things! Who would have thought.

What's really the purpose of following along from the supposed "evil" side's perspective if you're going to make their antagonists this over the top crazy?

If you're going to do a switcheroo and have the MC be part of the generally perceived "evil" side, maybe paint both them and the antagonists in a grey spectrum rather than simply going with the standard of "MC gud, bad guys bad", which sort of ruins anything original the basic premise could have brought to the table.

not their powers literally being identical except w bacteria please. also having the momotarou corp be straight up villainous w no moral gray area is a little meh.

@Degernase i think its more like Tokyo ghoul in that we just haven't seen the Oni be bad people yet?
I hope, im not caught up yet so who knows

Users who are viewing this thread