Touhou Chireikiden ~ Hansoku Tantei Satori - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Ghostly Friend’s Dream Divination High in Spirits (Final Part)

As you may or may not have heard, the artist has had to drop out for health reasons (you may have noticed that they missed a bunch of months a while ago). Hence the little "The End" and "Thanks for reading" on the last page. This was only announced a couple days ago, and apparently the fate of the manga is still being decided, but I'd say there's a good chance it will resume eventually with a different artist and possibly a different name. Since it's an official series, it'd be odd to leave it hanging there.

This has happened before, when the first artist of the Three Fairies manga had to drop out for similar reasons and was replaced a couple months later.

Anyhow, wishing a quick recovery to both the artist and the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Rin-chan's smile brightens my day.

I really enjoy the art in this so that news about the artist is sad to hear. May they make a speedy and full recovery.

Has there been an artist who didn't succumb to poor health while working with ZUN on an official work?

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I was reading along, thinking "Wow, the art has gotten so much better!" but that's suddenly the end of the manga. Which really sucks, I was enjoying the story and looking forward to seeing all the games' characters in order again.

Guess it'll just be an unsolved mystery. Mima can't come back if the manga ends.

Hope the artist gets well soon regardless.

I hope the artist gets better, and the manga continues somehow, even if it take some months. If not, Mima being behind this incident will stay as my headcanon.

I do hope it continues, I do like this manga a lot art and story wise. I'll understand, if be a bit sad if they do end it here.

However, I would like to see it completed. Besides, there's plenty of artists for Touhou who could be good candidates for this. I'll miss the old art style though.

Dex-chan lover
If there's one thing there's no shortage of, it's Touhou manga artists. I think it still accounts for the biggest chunk of doujinshi released each year. And I doubt he can be that difficult to work with - Aki Eda is back to happily drawing Touhou artwork post-WoHH. I think he keeps looking for new people because he doesn't want the fandom to think he favors any given artist over another.

It's quite unfortunate to be losing Ginmokusei like this. Of all the different artists with different styles, theirs was the most different.

If there's one thing there's no shortage of, it's Touhou manga artists. I think it still accounts for the biggest chunk of doujinshi released each year. And I doubt he can be that difficult to work with - Aki Eda is back to happily drawing Touhou artwork post-WoHH. I think he keeps looking for new people because he doesn't want the fandom to think he favors any given artist over another.
@Silfir I assume you mean Azuma Aya. Aki Eda is the SSiB artist, though they're also drawing Touhou doujins, even if not very frequently.
But yeah, @pavel94, the only official Touhou artist I know of who has had to leave mid-job before this is Matsukura Nemu, the mentioned Three Fairies artist.

@Levander I didn't mean leaving mid-job, just that they would get sick - I think either Azuma Aya or Harukawa Moe said that in the afterwords (maybe both, can't remember) and Mizutaki broke his arm.

@pavel94 Oh, fair enough then. Though it would be weirder if someone didn't get sick at some point during a 5 or 10 year manga.

Ugh now going on hiatus on that cliffhanger hinting at best princess reveal

Unfortunate, I did like this manga, and even worse it ended with something as nice as Satori getting outdone by Patchouli. I hope the artist gets well soon.

Users who are viewing this thread