Trap Heroine - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Lies and Normality

Dex-chan lover
man that girl has issssssuuueeee's holy moly, I'm still glad at the thought the no ones actually angry and raging at her and they are just looking at her like she's crazy like wtf she doing, I think thats somewhat mature of them

Dex-chan lover
At that distance she propably could tell if he/she has a buldge, like she said "who would want to be friends with a girl like you" , so i'll count this one as signal from author that he/she is actually a female.

yes, i know that she/he told her that she/he is a male, but i think she/he said that because she/he saw that it's the only way to be friends with her, because this girl has some issues with females (like reassuring that she/he isn't like other girls and won't betray her).

Power Uploader
@Zhou so he's either an f.t.m. — who somehow decides to tell everyone that he's male, but also make it a point to dress as a girl and make no effort to in any way pass as female, and partially glory in the fact that he looks like a girl, or he's an m.t.f., who's insistent on telling everyone that he's male?

Neither sound plausible to me.

There are likely scenarios: he's just male, or he's actually female and trolling for fun, but if he were female and somehow wanted to let others actually believe that he were male, then dressing like that is not strategic.

I think that bit the TL couldn't understand on PG.1 about the labels is her saying "it is fine to accept your role as 'female'". She seems to think there is a set role. Males must act in a certain way and Females, likewise. On the opposite side Men cannot act in certain ways and same for Females. I think this girl is boxing herself in and saying "If you're a man you must act like X,Y and Z. If you're a girl you must act A,B and C" but because Kobinata looks female but might be male she has no clue how to interact with Him/Her. It's like OCD when something is out of place. She requires everything to be in neat boxes and Kobinata doesn't fit.

She also seems to have an issue with liars. Well. Still a crazy bitch.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zhou @darekpawlo I'm all for trans characters in media, but I disagree with the trans Kobikata theory. I also disagree with the secret woman theory. Hotsuki had her eyes closed when she was drowning; you can see her open her eyes when Kobikata picks her up. And after that she's not angled so that she can see his crotch. In my opinion Hotsuki doesn't call Kobikata a girl because she "found out," she calls him a girl because she's a bigot. Hotsuki cannot accept that a man could reject gender norms so completely. Therefore he "must" be a girl, and is lying to everyone. I think the truth is far simpler - he's a guy who likes crossdressing. He's said this multiple times. No reason to complicate matters.

Group Leader
@trapsarebetter I don't think it's impossible that Kobinata's an FTM who dresses as a girl. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukinai had Yukimura, FTM character who always talked about wanting to "be a Real Japanese Man" like the MC, but still let Yozora dress him up in a girl clothes for half the series. Sure it was a unique situation because Yukimura was dumb enough to fall for Yozora's bullshit, but the point is that it's been done before, so it's not something that can't happen.

Not that I think it's the most likely situation, though.

Dex-chan lover
Male? Female? Trans one way or the other? No, none of those.

Clearly this person is a Hideyoshi.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really sick of this girl's nonsense. I wish this series had just stayed as it was at the beginning. All it needed was a boy being cute and an MC whose burgeoning homolust the reader wants to egg on.
I should be having thoughts like "ah, if I'd been in the MC's shoes I would have pounced on that flirting and done this and that", not "if I'd been in the MC's shoes I would have said such and such to shut that annoying bitch up".

Power Uploader
@EvelynIsGone But Kobinata does so on his own accord; he is also completely flat chested and could easily just wear the male uniform if he wanted, as most seem to believe that he is a male, he also lives in the male dorm.

If he be female, it is surely for no other reason than to troll.

Dex-chan lover
"Why am I'm the bad guy?!"
I lol'd
I get where this trauma is coming from, she's right with one thing... In school, the group of girls and their gossiping is merciless, the hypocrisy in the air sometimes makes you sick and you feel like you need to play along all the time. Make one mistake when you don't have real friends and you better move to another school lo/ so I bet she's mad that Hinata is getting away with it, but that's just luck! their classmate are nice that's all! Now you're going to ruin your school life again obsessed with lies again? Dx I feel sorry for her, and of course, she's being a total crazy bitch right now but it's sad to see you know, everyone is like "yikes...!" around her.

Also yeah, I hope her arc closes soon because she's not why we like this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@trapsarebetter
so he's either an f.t.m. — who somehow decides to tell everyone that he's male, but also make it a point to dress as a girl and make no effort to in any way pass as female
There are enough MTFs out there who put so little effort into passing that they don't even shave their stubble, but still insist people go along with it. I don't think it's unrealistic to imagine a girl doing the same.

Group Leader
@trapsarebetter How can you say that for sure, though? We're literally given no explanation as for why he wears the girls uniform, for all we know he could have a similar story to Yukimura. Or maybe he's just playing 4D chess and intentionally putting in no effort to pass just because he knows that people will believe someone is a "trap" just if they say it. There's a variety of explanations, but even without them, "he wears girl clothes for no good reason" is just as likely as "he's a girl pretending to be a guy for no good reason" or "he's hiding his bulge for no good reason."

Users who are viewing this thread