Trap Heroine - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Lies and Normality

Banned
Enjoy your life how you want.

I personally believe boys should be cute and stay boys without having their gender identity being distorted or questioned.

I am getting a little too defending about a 2d character, but I'm seeing this alot more often in communities over the years.

That's all.

Group Leader
@smolbaka I'll only call male characters trans if they say "I want to be a girl" or "I have the soul of a girl" or "I am a girl." Obviously barring the context of them lying for some reason, like in Maria Holic.

If you're saying I'm "pinkpilling" characters then that's really misrepresenting me.

Contributor
why.png

Dex-chan lover
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Post-structuralist gender theory does not reflect reality and is not applicable to non-western cultures.

What the fuck is "the system", why does she go full black and white good an evil with the concept of lying. She looked smart, why does she act like a 4 year old who was just told "lies are bad, liars get corrected". If the author doesn´t justify her toddler reasoning, then she just comes off as a bit retarded.

@gronkle I'll be real with you, I have no idea what Post-structuralist gender theory is but if it refers to the lack of a gender binary, aren't there a lot of Eastern cultures that don't believe in a strict gender binary?

Group Leader
Tbh I don't think Kobinata is a girl. His dick might have plot armor till the author rly wants to reveal it

I think its unlikely hes trans as well but it honestly doesn't matter to me

Dex-chan lover
@gallifreyan100 it's the idea that gender identity is not essentialist nor fixed, merely a social construct that is personal and malleable.
In most of the world outside the influence of western gender and queer theory, gender is as fixed and intrinsic as sex. While "third gender" positions exist, they are not seen as socially constructed, but an objective attribute unrelated to presentation (and usually exist as "treated as a woman"). For the vast majority, sex and gender are synonymous regardless of presentation, and are based in objectivity (usually genitalia).

Wack as fuck chapter. The whole manga turned to shit really fast with this trash ass "Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Is it a transvestite?" arc.

There always has to be a freaking back story for a fucking bitch ruining all the fun, wish it had just stayed as a manga about a life of a dude with a trap rather than this nerve-wrecking mess

Contributor
@raxuraxu
It was badly executed. They should have sticked with comedy and mystery. I mean, it worked for Prunus Girl.

Fed-Kun's army
Hotsuki started out as a girl who knew Chiroda in middle school when he was getting teased as being gay. She is shown giving him a BL manga because she thought he would like that. I think the author was going to have her be the one who thought that because he liked BL LIKE HER, that she finally found a companion in a boy who shared the same messed up hobby. Maybe the author pivoted her to be the jealous girl type thinking El Trapo was going to steal Chirdoa away.

Now it looks like he wants to make her character the righteous "traps are bad" character. Kinda of a mess …

Fed-Kun's army
@Kampfarsch

I think the author was really going to have her go that way, yes.

When she was first introduced, they showed her being picked on, kinda like the MC. And she says "if you are a rotten girl, all you have to do is date a guy" or something along that line. So she thought that she could hade her "weird fetish" by pretending to be a boy loving girl.

So she either knew she was a creep for liking BL or she was being made fun of. Then they show her trying to befriend the MC when he was getting picked on. She gives him the BL manga. I'm sure it was one of hers, lol...

I think she thought that if her and the MC were to date, then they could both be their true selves with each other - and by "dating", both of them would be able to blend in to society despite her thinking he was gay and her likening BL.

But now the author is pointing her character towards "marriage is
between a man/woman" or "how can I compete against a trap if MC likes BL/is gay" or "traps (transgendered) are not real - they are a lie"

She now is the "I hate lies" character, even though she started out as someone who was living a lie. Will be interesting if her BL fetish is ever brought back up again...

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Users who are viewing this thread