Travelogue of the Succubus

Contributor
At first, I didn't pay attention to the author's name when I pulled up the page. But a few pages in, it became pure Ito material.

Group Leader
So excited to see a new series from the master of horror! I wonder if chapter 1 was just a standalone story like so many of his are, or if it will become a continuous narrative like Uzumaki and Black Paradox?

I am unable to wrap my head around this first chapter. Help! I'm so confused... :/

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little confused if he's trying to add a greater dose of cosmic horror to this chapter of it will be more episodic.

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me a little bit of Tomie, though with a lot less sinister main character and combining plot factor.

is itou junji losing his touch?? These stories are TRASH compared to all of his previous works

Junji Itou hasn't lost his touch. He is back again in the field of his forte.
Combination of cosmic terror and body horror, with a pinch of dark comedy.

Group Leader
For those curious about the remaining chapters in this series, they are summarized in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/junjiito/comments/cs4mbk/is_anyone_working_on_translating_the_last_few/

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, it's classic Junji horror. On the other, there isn't a hanging horror ending where the horror element is still around, making it kinda milder than some of Junju's previous works.

All in all, worth a read, and rereads.

I didn't expect this to be a Junji Ito manga when I looked at the thumbnail. Maybe because it features a uncharacteristically sexy woman on the cover?

Viz announced on their instagram page yesterday that they’ve got the license for this. I don’t know why they’re so obsessed with junji ito lol.. it’s set to release in summer 2021

Users who are viewing this thread