Tricks Dedicated to Witches - Ch. 15 - The Magic Carpet

Aggregator gang
The shape of the knives leads me to think that it might be a thread trick. Probably used in conjunction with another trick. If it actually is just magnets, I'll be so disappointed.

Technically the 3rd rule is "never perform the same trick for the same audience twice", but otherwise the spirit is there.

Me studying mechanical engineering:
Wondering how they keep the flying carpet balanced or the right orientation

Dex-chan lover
@anggitoz
me studying hentai :
wondering how Makito didn't fack the herbal bae and the tanned smith girl yet

Double-page supporter
uhh... did HRE or rest of europe had discovered the rest of Japan already?

... but... how did they build a tight rope that long????
The rope alone would weigh over 300 kilograms... way way more. To have it tight without sagging over such a massive distance would require so much tension nearly all materials beyond braided steel cable would snap.

building the mounting point to hold the ropes in place alone would be a mammoth task and buying the rope would cost as much as a house in the middle of a walled city in the time frame depicted.

ignoring all the logistical problems and the laws of physics - how did they set up the ropes??? the initial rope must be strung over hundreds of buildings and the wall and brought up onto the mansion. He had his team of witches do it? How did he communicate? How did they not get seen doing what is hours and hours of work?

This is a STUPID escape. Needlessly flashy with 0 thought put into it. I was hoping for a fun series that plays with magic tricks in a way that I can "suspend my disbelief" because nobody is actually going to save the day with slight of hand and wire work... but this... this is complete nonsense - he may have well used the force, summoned a demon and teleported for all the logic this escape had.

Dex-chan lover
@Spoonikle While I don't think what they did was all that possible his mansion/castle has a burn and forest close by. Considering it is Germany I imagine the size/scale is exaggerated to some degree and

Fed-Kun's army
Let's me take a guess. The priest is using big magnetic plates to control the knives.

Dex-chan lover
@Spoonikle
Did you really type all that before ending with
"I was hoping for a fun series that plays with magic tricks in a way that I can "suspend my disbelief" because nobody is actually going to save the day with slight of hand and wire work... but this... this is complete nonsense".

Lol. We're reading a series where the world greatest magician gets transported back in time into the middle ages, understand the local language and dialects even though he is literally from halfway around the world and not even from that time period, conveniently finds chocolate even though it is literally a rarity and you're yapping about things being nonsense? Like cmon mate. If that truly mattered you would've stop reading it from the first chapter 😂

Users who are viewing this thread