Tricks Dedicated to Witches - Ch. 16 - The Devil’s Stigmata

@Luco42 IMO it has to do with the crufixes on their chests. so the sound wave is resonating with the type of metal inside their crufixes and intensifies the wave locally

Fed-Kun's army
MAGNETS??
magnets_c.jpg

Double-page supporter
No matter how many times I read this, I always find how It's funny how the church guys are better at stage magic than accused witches!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if priest Not-Xellos is also a time traveller, seeing as he "granted" miracles, and according to Makito it's magic for people of this era (the "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" thing).

Dex-chan lover
This manga does give the feels like you're watching a magic show lol

Dex-chan lover
I find it funny how the priest aren't being condemned when their "miracles" are more witch like than the ones they're accusing of being a witch. Religeon is funny like that.

Building on some ideas @donoghu mentioned, here's a theory:

The knives have magnetized tips and fly with a very powerful electromagnet positioned behind the target. Then arena, for instance, could have an electromagnet behind each wall allowing the knives to be aimed anywhere within the arena, as well as potentially changing the path midflight. String is used to make the knives initially float, but once the electromagnet is turned on, the knives move fast enough to break the string and leave them clean for examination.

Makito's epiphany from the stigmata was that the devil's marks they've been making were made from sheet copper (ch 10), which is a common material in modern electromagnets. Liese's stigmata may have been caused from some sort of copper exposure or allergy (?).

Dex-chan lover
@Ryrie
that's the irony of superstitious Christianity who drank the kool-aid performing feats with no known/obvious cause is clearly the work of heresy and devilry, but look here I wear a cross thus my amazing feat is actually a miracle of god

Dex-chan lover
Electro magnets? since it looked like the priest also got zapped through the crosses

Double-page supporter
magic noun
/ˈmædʒɪk/

"the secret power of appearing to make impossible things happen by saying special words or doing special things"

Witches: May or may not using "magic"
Iron Hammer Bishops: Make people awe using things people find impossible and special only to them
Inquisitors: Should I hang them all?

Bishop dude probably gives everyone carbon monoxide poisoning with a wave of his hand

Dex-chan lover
AH!!! My favorite isekai is updated, thank you black scan translation.
you wouldn't get it even if i told you
So, can idiot like me that got nothing while reading Dr. stone get it?

@Alrange you're not the only who think like that.

Users who are viewing this thread