Trinity Wonder

Thank you Renascence Scans for picking it up .. i hope you will continue the good work <3

Aggregator gang
there ss2 which already end, but my poor Korean skill make me to w8 for translation

Dex-chan lover
did anyone feel a Goku, Vegeta vibe from the latest chapter?

Contributor
What is the point of the magician girl contribtuion to the plot if her job is only to block / heal and barely get any action lol
Not even a backstory after all of this.

Power Uploader
I considered this the Korean webtoon equivalent of a generic shounen battle manga. I read it casually when I wanted to empty my mind, and because the art is top-notch. But I never expected to see any depth in it.

Well… it's not exactly deep, but in recent chapters this has begun to pique my interest.

The authors seem set on subverting some of the usual tropes of the genre. Or rather, instead of going for the standard tropes, they're resorting to less common ones. And that is a big plus for a genre that is normally so trite.

First off: it's clear that some of the evil factions have redeeming features. Silent Guardian is led by a PTSD'ed man who lost his entire family to terrorism. Watch out for the actual culprits being government people. And his foot soldiers (and especially his Dragon - see tvtropes.com for terminology) have utmost, unalloyed loyalty to him on account of his saving their lives. Carl Rivermoor might be a villain now, but I get the feeling that's not all there is to it.

Second: it's obvious that Pink Papa mollified in this world. He seems to have been protecting the people who were cast aside by the wealthy when the underground city was abandoned. The Black Tower seems to be mostly a scheme to ensure these people have a livelihood.

Third: Felicity told Gang Woo-Jin back in chapter 47 that Pink Papa considers him a useful idiot (a fool who gets used by others). He might be on to something here. It's not often that we see the male protagonist be used to combat "evil" while riding on some contrived ideals. I love when Heroes are played like a fiddle like that. If it's confirmed here, I shall be delighted.

It has also struck me how vain Woo-Jin is. Don't get me wrong here. He's nice and chivalrous and protects the weak and all that. But he's damn proud of his power. In a sense, he was at the apex of the Murim World and is also the most powerful being in this world, in both cases sharing the spot with Pink Papa (and with Emily in the second). And that's a recipe for hubris. And hubris is exactly what causes heroes to do things they'll regret afterwards.

So what began as a "Good versus Evil" generic plot was actually a more nuanced confrontation. Unless and until, of course, Ashahart makes his appearance. My guess is that Pink Papa was transferred in the past, Woo-Jin and Emily arrived through Silvia's gates and Ashahart will arrive when Pink Papa activates the gate that's being built in the Black Tower.

I particularly like this "rich people and politicians are systemically bad" theme, which I see more often in Korean comics than in the Japanese ones. It's a little different from having one villain who happens to be a billionaire.

Looking forward to more.

Users who are viewing this thread