TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 12

I feel so much dread whenever a battle is about to start in this manga.
Mainly because any one of those characters can die (save for Touri and Garback). Gale and Grey represent the shreds of humane kindness that remain in the story thus far while everyone else is simply trying to survive (except Rodri, who seems to be borderline berserk).

Regardless, we as readers shall see what comes of this offensive and who will continue to survive. (´˘ -˘ 人)

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, does anyone know other manga that depict war like this? Most of the ones I know are cancelled or updates slowly. In any case, thanks for the TL! Fearing for the cast's life now.
Tanya the Evil LN shows the big picture. While Tanya and her elite squad do well, you do see the effects of war as it drags on. But I'll have to explain a bit:
  • Original title is Youjou Senki aka "YS" translated as Young Girl's Military Chronicle
  • YS LN is quite different from the manga and the anime.
  • Main character of YS isn't Tanya, but rather "War". Tanya is just the main viewpoint for viewing war.
  • YS isn't "War is Bad" rather it's "Mechanics of War" at mid to high level. Some strategy, logistics, military decisions, politics, spying, negotiation, etc.
  • While the Empire does well in the early part of the war, things become much more difficult in the later part of the war.
  • After a while you see the effect of the war on the citizens, the economy, etc.
Overall, while YS is a quite different story from this, this story is pretty compatible with YS world. I could easily see this as a different viewpoint in the YS world. (Though the world lore would require a bit of tweaking, since mages in YS are all aerial mages, vs here where they're mostly (all?) ground based.

Double-page supporter
That statement about shooting the people in the rear reminds me of a story from a ww2 marksman about how they would specifically target the ones in the rear of a charge first because if they shoot the ones in the front then they would flee and be harder to kill

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
During my early years as a field engineer, I witnessed many deaths. Many people died in traffic accidents, some in floods, and so on. The closest occasion was when I helped in carrying a "freshly" burned corpse out of a house during a fire, or when I had to grab an ex-colleague's finger after he accidentally smashed his hand on the road guard. Even though I am cold-blooded and have had no trauma, I find them very unpleasant. And the thought of how it would be in a hellish battlefield, where both sides were constantly tossing life away in a meat grinder, is beyond me.

War should not occur at all.

Thanks for the new chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, does anyone know other manga that depict war like this? Most of the ones I know are cancelled or updates slowly. In any case, thanks for the TL! Fearing for the cast's life now.
Groundless is one first comes to mind. Not exactly trench warfare, but it's there with the depicting war on the common soldier's pov.
There's also Koukoku no Shugosha, which had very memorable common soldier povs including entrench combat where they hold the lines, with a bit of fantasy tint in the setting.

There's stuff like that manga about short stories of women in the world war but I can't remember the titles.

Dex-chan lover
During my early years as a field engineer, I witnessed many deaths. Many people died in traffic accidents, some in floods, and so on. The closest occasion was when I helped in carrying a "freshly" burned corpse out of a house during a fire, or when I had to grab an ex-colleague's finger after he accidentally smashed his hand on the road guard. Even though I am cold-blooded and have had no trauma, I find them very unpleasant. And the thought of how it would be in a hellish battlefield, where both sides were constantly tossing life away in a meat grinder, is beyond me.

War should not occur at all.

Thanks for the new chapter.
Welcome to war, and we are fighting against leaders who pretend to care for us while tossing us to the meat grinder. Why did they not bother expanding cemeteries, and rather decrease it?

Guess what is your hamburger made of? Yes, it is.

Dex-chan lover
Tanya the Evil LN shows the big picture. While Tanya and her elite squad do well, you do see the effects of war as it drags on. But I'll have to explain a bit:
  • Original title is Youjou Senki aka "YS" translated as Young Girl's Military Chronicle
  • YS LN is quite different from the manga and the anime.
  • Main character of YS isn't Tanya, but rather "War". Tanya is just the main viewpoint for viewing war.
  • YS isn't "War is Bad" rather it's "Mechanics of War" at mid to high level. Some strategy, logistics, military decisions, politics, spying, negotiation, etc.
  • While the Empire does well in the early part of the war, things become much more difficult in the later part of the war.
  • After a while you see the effect of the war on the citizens, the economy, etc.
Overall, while YS is a quite different story from this, this story is pretty compatible with YS world. I could easily see this as a different viewpoint in the YS world. (Though the world lore would require a bit of tweaking, since mages in YS are all aerial mages, vs here where they're mostly (all?) ground based.
This can be the World War 1 of YS, while Tanya is World War 2
I feel so much dread whenever a battle is about to start in this manga.
Mainly because any one of those characters can die (save for Touri and Garback). Gale and Grey represent the shreds of humane kindness that remain in the story thus far while everyone else is simply trying to survive (except Rodri, who seems to be borderline berserk).

Regardless, we as readers shall see what comes of this offensive and who will continue to survive. (´˘ -˘ 人)
Think of this as a documentary, since our own World War 1 costed around 60 millions of souls. Their Great War with magic could bring more casualties than ours, and it's quite horrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread