Tsugumomo - Vol. 26 Ch. 134 - Resurrection

@alacaelum

The last chapter was a bit on the long side at 28 pages, this one is really short at 15 pages, and next month's chapter will be a long one at 34 pages. Watching them develop, I've come to view them as parts of one long chapter with divisions more convenient for publication than for the rhythm of the story.

One thing to keep in mind: Hamada is a one-man band. He does all the writing and artwork with no assistants. He uses Comic Studio Pro with 3D programs for some reference models (and some poseable physical models for photo ref as well) but almost all of the advantage from using that is counteracted by the greater detail he puts into the artwork. While the second season of anime was in production, he took a few months off from drawing chapters, but a lot of that was spent doing promotional art for BD cases and the like.

The only consolation I can find is that, when the chapters and volumes are all together, it's a ludicrously quick read. That doesn't make the wait between chapters one moment shorter, though…

It's honestly sort of boring how they're just going to revive her. Sort of wipes out the stakes.

Dex-chan lover
@tadrow Thanks for the info.

As much as i respect mangakas like him that like to do all the art themselves some times this can get complicated for the readers too, more so because the Japanese have a thing with overworking but let's not enter this swamp, and i am patient i can wait.

I am happy though that the next chapter is getting more pages, after the book arc i felt the author focused some 2 to 3 chapters on fanservice a little too much... but i never forget that Hamada-sensei already said himself that he always want an opportunity to draw his female characters naked and he goes the length XD, and i know we all love his work for that.

Anyway, even with all that on my comment, i do think he will focus more on the plot, and plot, more in this new arc.

Dex-chan lover
@Bevinsky In this case, i dont think so, remember just because they can resurrect Kukuri doesn't mean they will just win easily against Kanaka, she still a monster that has two shards, and the curse maintaining her still makes killing her complicated. Realistic without her their chances of winning would be really close if not zero.

Yoshikazu's art just keeps astounding me whenever I read these! Dude is a legend.

Dex-chan lover
Hey-ho, hey-ho, into the hell we go!
As much as this trope used it's an awesome trope. I love hell/hel/yomi adventures. Maybe even tartarus.

Like always, when a character is killed, some people are going all "Dropped unless bing from the dead!!", but when that character brought back from the dead, other people are going all "Dropped because it's boring and wipes out the stakes!!" There's no pleasing this crowd.

@kwendy
Seriously. Going to the land of the dead to bring soul back to resurrect the dead is one of the oldest tropes you can meet in almost all religious myths. More so when you deal with gods. Not to mention that this one was long in the making - people theorized about it since chapter 70, given all the hints about stone shards and everything. Kiriha being shredded was much more worrying since nobody had a clue about Shinobu's abilities.

Dex-chan lover
They'll quickly fail the stealth part of the mission, be taken before the King of Hell, who happens to be a cute girl, and invariably subject her to sexual humiliation. Next 20 chapters in a nutshell.

@thegoodfella If they can't beat this nobody convincingly, then they have no business going on this mission. If someone is supposed to take on a tiger, they should not struggle with a rat.

Dex-chan lover
@Bevinsky
Indeed. Being a goddess i can see how this can happen. Is not something you can kill like a human. But this became a shonenshit trend. First with Kiriha, old guy... even if he can be considered reincarnated... what's next? The mom? Is becoming another boring setting where death don't exist, and so there is no tension in battle.

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid What can I say... It depends? People do have favorite characters they won't like to be completely killed off the story and people do have a point when death is treated as minor inconvenience.
Depending on execution (no pun intended), good characters can die in a beautiful way as a climax of their existence - but they might not; and character death can make an impact on the story and other characters - but it can olsy be tuesday and another pointless fetch quest to nearest healing water vending machine.
I for once didn't mind almost all deaths in Fairy tail because most of them being played out really cool, but i did find it comedic every single one was brought back like nothing. Is death supposed to be funny?
In Slime isekai I did not give a boot for all the characters died in the village since it was pointless to the extreme.

Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis
200.gif

Aggregator gang
Ah. So i caught up now. after 2 and a half years of waiting.
I only read filler arc and this. about 18 or so chapters...
Well hopefully I'll be occupied long enough so I can forget this exists for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread