Tsugumomo - Vol. 27 Ch. 136 - Death Preparations

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus
parallel universe, fantasy world, or virtual world
Yomi is none of those things, in Shinto at least. That's my entire point. It's not an "isekai arc" because the land of the dead is still in our world.

I'm not mentioning whatever other points you made because I only replied to address that one. Also, being called "nerd" doesn't insult me, but I'll obviously not overlook the fact that you tried to. Is that supposed to make me stop replying? Well try again, maybe "loser" might work.
You can stop posting yourself at any time if you're so very much above such a "nerdy" topic.

Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis how the hell the netherworld isn't another realm? Lmao. It literally has their own rules and they can't go there by any natural mean. It's a different plane all together with their own habitants, just like the previous dream arc. Notice how people also called the dream arc an isekai but nobody complained about it, because we just call it the dream arc now, but people were calling it an isekai arc at the start too.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus Because the land of the dead isn't a different "plane". It's not in another planet, reality or universe. It's literally a place here on earth. That fact that it has its own set of rules and creatures means very little, the living world has those too and they all fall into the umbrella of Shinto ritualistic concepts.
The extreme smut might make it hard to notice, but this manga goes deep into ethnic Japanese religion. As a matter of fact, it draws so heavily from Shinto-specific themes that it wouldn't surprise me if stuff like Enma and Jigoku don't show up at all.

As for the previous arc, it's very different from this one. The author himself called it an isekai, and even then I doubt he meant it as a serious description. Much of the plot was a parody of sorts, and I think he only meant to highlight that.

Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis ok whatever you say lmao. I'm gonna continue calling it an isekai arc and you use whatever term that suits you. What a pointless and off topic discussion.

Dex-chan lover
binge read this in 1 day and checked the 1st chapter just now. it's always fun to see how much artists improve in a long running series.

do chapters come out once or twice a month? I hate to sound impatient but it seems like chapters were releasing twice a month, then suddenly there is a month an a half with no new chapters. just anxious for more lmao

@TheRealJesus

Chapters come out once a month in Monthly Action, but there are occasional months off, like last month.

The months when there were more than one chapter (in recent years) were due to a chapter taking longer to finish the translated version, followed by a quicker turnaround. Computer trouble, more redraws, crew having less free time… anything can slow a chapter down.

Dex-chan lover
holy fucking shit enough anal already, see a therapist, go to church

Users who are viewing this thread