Tsuihou Bokensha no Yarinaoshi ~Yousei-kai de Kitae Naoshite Jibun no Ibasho wo Tsukuru~

Dex-chan lover
It's obvious that Glen doesn't want anything to do with his former friends but does Emily (the one who initially loved Glen) get like a realization that she was freaking brainwashed into thinking Glen was bad and try to make amends? I went ahead and looked at some raws and it seems she found out that Alain was behind everything but it hasn't touched on them again so far.

Dex-chan lover
ok, even if Glen doesn't care about all the rumor being spread, there are clearly plenty of people trust him yet they didn't try to do anything?
But then again, it won't be "i got kicked out of high-rank party" without really stupid excuse.

Dex-chan lover
Plotholes, plotholes, and just a fair lack of details
People don't like the MC. Why? Because bad rumors? Ok but what kind?Only the fact he's a drunkard and frequent brothel goer... Ok but that's not particularly damning, that's just a hedonist, so what's the real reason??........ Is... Is that the real reason? Because of some upitty idiot spreading rumors that the MC's a hedonist? And the people don't help him, not even people that 'trust' him?.....

So the author wanted some sort of conflict of a bad reputation, but they either didn't want or understand what can be particularly damning so they picked a hedonist.... but why have brothels if that's bad???

Idk the beginning is unique but beyond that this author needs to learn more about worldbuilding before they made this work. My honest opinion is to learn this by either watching dnd (to learn potential feedback) or by Dming a game (to get feedback)

yup, the idea and execution is there, but the world building (proof) of the story basically nullified it. I would get it if the rumors were he was attacking women in the streets, or abandoning the church that fostered him after all the church had spent to nurture him to become an A rank adventurer. But nope, the rumors were piss poor.

Group Leader
I have been trying to post chapter 9 on the site for a while now but because I am a first time uploader the site won't let me. Can I post google drive link of my translations in this forum?

Dex-chan lover
Geh, at 9 chapters this really just ticks the revenge exile trope list and is poorly built up. I keep feeling like chapters are missing and noones motivations make sense. Also MC keeps just letting people go like the ex party members and it's just infuriating and only done to stretch out the "Oh how they have fallen". The old party better all get killed or in the least jailed forever with NO redemptions. I don't care if one of the girls loved MC at a young age, she quickly abandoned him and then sided with the criminal (Not asshole or douche, he's done alot of really bad things) so she's just as guilty.

Dex-chan lover
Geh, at 9 chapters this really just ticks the revenge exile trope list and is poorly built up. I keep feeling like chapters are missing and noones motivations make sense. Also MC keeps just letting people go like the ex party members and it's just infuriating and only done to stretch out the "Oh how they have fallen". The old party better all get killed or in the least jailed forever with NO redemptions. I don't care if one of the girls loved MC at a young age, she quickly abandoned him and then sided with the criminal (Not asshole or douche, he's done alot of really bad things) so she's just as guilty.
I think my main issue is that people are so quick to stop MC from getting his revenge. It's a bit frustrating.

This absolutely does not excuse or is in defense of the girl that actually loved MC but she was essentially brainwashed by the guy. She realizes later but there is no forgiving her and she essentially lives her life in exile at a monastery of sorts.

Group Leader
I have read up to chapter 16 and it doesn't get better in that regard.
the protag doesn't ever get a fullfilling revenge. In fact, the girls barely play any role at all and are treated as background characters when arrested. Even the guy from his party is not treated as much but he may become a thing later on in the story

Users who are viewing this thread