Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming it's because it would take actual physical effort and time to grind/farm (like a 9 to 5 job), as opposed to just mindlessly doing it in a game while sitting in his ergonomic gaming chair in a call with his friends while watching anime or some shit.
No it's worse. He never spend 2 days in a row farming.

He goes to a dungeon.
Spends the day farming.
(sometimes a mid-boss)
Boss fight for reasons.
Off to the next dungeon.

Double-page supporter
Good art, good action. Very mediocre writing and storytelling.
I'm stopping here. Enjoy the ride those that continue reading.

Dex-chan lover
I imagined the effect his single attack causes in landscapes to be more, this is kinda shabby despite the description it had in novel. Not gonna complain tho

Dex-chan lover
hmm his skill set doesnt seem like it fit a Heavy Knight lmao
increasing your attack and defense when below X% HP and having a skill that make your defense 0 while increasing your attack by how much def you're missing seems like its a dominantly Berserker-type skill

if it were me, i would give him a Body Slam type of attack where the damage is calculated not from ATK power but from his Def, call it Shield Slam or something instead of that 0 defense skill. That would fit more with his class and its not a double edge sword skill that's more favoured by Berserker classes.

Imagine him stacking all that defense skill bringing his DEF to like 1000 (500 with skill + item stack and double it when below 20% HP) and just release the Shield Slam skill and just OHKO bosses. Still works with how he fight and make sense thematically

But hey that just the D&D Player/Dungeon Master in me talking.

edit: Luce skillset is thematically and synergistically perfect, so kudos for the author for that.
IIRC MC literally mentions, in one of the previous chapters, that in the game, only 2 classes used that skillset: Heavy Knights and Berserkers, so you're not off the mark

Also, that's essentially what his current Shield Bash skill does - Inflicts Damage equal to DEF + 1/2 of ATK. If the damage inflicted is higher than the opponent's (I don't remember, DEF? ATK?), the opponent is knocked back. If it is not, the user is knocked back. This was also explained in the manga in a previous chapter, don't remember which though - the one where he fought the Mythril Golem

Keep double spreaders together reeeee

Gf9ipym.png

Dex-chan lover
I know most people commenting in this series are arguing about how to properly build the mc but I’m here to say Luce is cute and thank you for translating

Contributor
Why did it only shoot 1 death needle when previously it shot out multiple? A likely answer would be, "it's faster to do it that way", but this doesn't help Elma beat the plot armor allegations.

Anyway, hope Luce got some sweet exp from that, not sure what's the basis for exp sharing in this world, but not only is she in his party, she also did damage to it in its second form.

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry too much. The author never uses the "broken" combos more than once. All the big set piece battles are based around the new abilities they just got (as in right before or during the fight).
For all the gamer talk the MC never gets himself over-leveled or farms gold (so he has a surplus for future purchases). The whole structure is around him always fighting mobs/bosses that have 20-40 levels on him because they showed up for some contrived reason.
He was grinding both gold and levels just a few chapters ago. They came to this dungeon to grind out weapons.

Dex-chan lover
He was grinding both gold and levels just a few chapters ago. They came to this dungeon to grind out weapons.
He only got enough gold for he current need. No surplus for future purchases. And spending one day raising one's level isn't really "grinding".

Users who are viewing this thread