Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 10 Ch. 95

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if you've ever played the original X-Com (UFO Defense), but if you take too many turns on a mission all aliens gain perfect knowledge of your agents' locations and go maximum aggression.
O . o Still boot it up on DOS-BOX every now and then for a playthru.

Now that you've mentioned it, guess it's time to dust off the file editor and clone a new team xD

Dex-chan lover
Rather convenient loophole this mob seems to be using. Every other time MC used this skill, even boss tier monsters, they were pinned in place. Here this mermaid is allowed to freely move as long as it move within it's shadow? I call BS. The author need to step up their game and quit cheating the system just to build tension.

Shadow Stomp has always worked like this. It doesn't completely immobilize the target. It's a tether that prevents the target from moving too far away. You can go back and look at the Golden Lana in Chapter 16 bouncing around still trying to escape. That wasn't for comedic effect. As other people pointed out, it's just usually Luce immediately finishes the target off so it may as well be a pin.

Because Shadow Stomp is a tether, it's actually able to exert a pulling force too. Elma used this against the Mithril Golem a few times in the original WN to trip it and pull it away from Luce. It's demonstrated a bit in Chapter 34 of the manga. Up to this point, most of the monsters have been mostly mindless. This is the first monster that is slowly wearing down the party one by one and examining the party's capabilities instead of trying to brute force the encounter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It not that I mind the mob being able to move around slightly inside their shadow, but here the mermaid just has full mobility as long as they don't fully submerged. Their shadow should be projected from a semi-fixed point, and not able to move laterally in relation to Luce's positions.

Now if they had some why to project a mobile light source, fair enough. But in a dungeon where the light sources are fixed? This is just pure BS plot device to heap further hardship on Luce to build artificial tension.
From the mechanics shown, it seems like it only has a pulling force away from the user. Moving radially is still possible, although speed might be reduced.

The intricacies of not being able to dive might have to do with the shadow becoming much "larger" underground.

Dex-chan lover
Bosses that spam status effects in games are the worst.

Didn't bring any resistance gear or items? Oh what's that? You were playing blind and didn't know this boss had status effect attacks?

Well get fucked noob, start learning how to dodge, and hope the boss has vulnerability phases where it stops spamming it's crap so you can get 1 petty hit in.
Malboros in any Final Fantasy game. Especially when there's no hint that one is gonna be a boss.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
Malboros in any Final Fantasy game. Especially when there's no hint that one is gonna be a boss.

Thanks for the TL
The thing about that is that Malboros are rarely ever bosses in FF games but regular encounters....which makes them 100x worse.

Dex-chan lover
The thing about that is that Malboros are rarely ever bosses in FF games but regular encounters....which makes them 100x worse.
That's true. But, when they are bosses it's much more bullshit. Depending on the game, you can 1 shot some of the regular encounter Malboros.

Dex-chan lover
I also feel the situation is made out to be artificially harder than it should. I don't even have an issue with the siren being able to circle around the shadow stomp. But if paralysis is not a hard stun, and merely rooting them in place, they're not nearly as defenseless as it's shown.

If Celt can shoot an arrow at her exit point he can also shoot her when she's above ground. Even if the poison makes him slower/worse aim, they're all within a few metres of each other. Yes, shooting a moving target at close-ish range has its own challenges. No, it shouldn't be that hard for a self proclaimed very experienced B-rank adventurer.

And Maybel has been shown at least two times to have offensive ranged ice magic. I expect those ice attacks have a slow effect but I'm not sure it's either been stated or shown unambiguously. And a pure caster class (with a super limiting mana pool) having no cc would be pretty rough.

But anyway, except for Luce whose entire kit is mobility and melee damage, they should be able to help in a fight at range.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
everybody arguing about shadowstomp and how bosses are bs when im just here thinking how this whole "game" is nonsensical bs. the fact that the mc is able to lvl multiple times off simply defeating 1~3 mobs is absurd. at the rate he grew if that logic was universal for the world then everyone with atleast a years worth of experience (he has only been an adventurer for a few months) should be around B rank yet B ranks and even A ranks are hard to come by. Yes xp from being in parties is said to be reduced (split evenly) but thats kinda irrelevant as with a larger party you can generally hunt more efficiently and for longer then you can solo. also keep in mind the swordmaster chick from the beginning who was literally killing people solo to powerlvl herself.

Hp scaling also seems off was it around lvls 1 to lvls ~50 the hp of mobs went from about 7~160 now at lvls 80+ the mobs hp range is around 700~800. it seems to arbitrarily jump around (not that it makes much difference since they always seem to 1~3 shot everything)
gear equipment also jank. his skull shield was for reccomended lvl80 yet he was seen equiping it shortly after anyway and seems to have no issue using it (tbf he did mention something about modifying his old shield but nothing was actually shown nor explained). if anyone can equip any lvl of equipment why not just splurge for the best equipment that you can "grow" into. Also why does luce's new jester armor only mildly raise agi and provide no additional defense, what is the point of even upgrading at that point. yes she is a speed focused class but armor should always provide a baseline def stat before it specializes in any other stats. its how it works in any mmo and it fits

status effects dont make much sense either. as others here pointed out if paralysis is just a root then it really doesnt affect any kind of ranged class in this fight. poison being a 10% move slow seems... frankly terrible, poison has been associated with many effects over videogames that they coulda used. the classic DoT affect, reducing max hp, reducing allstats but they went with moveslow? on the other hand you got the heavy knights passive stacking 20% atk down for 1min on attack which is grossly overpowered (that alone kinda renders the whole "heavyknights are useless" theme garbo). 2 heavyknights in a party and both hit enemy twice reduces that enemies damage by 80%... they might as well not have any attack anymore esp when you factor in heavyknights increased def... aside from that where is the witch/warlock class that focuses on debuffs cuz debuffs are usually king in rpgs (less so in mmos) we saw red mage at the very beginning who was said to be capable of applying buffs too but havnt seen one since either...

whole bunch of other stuff i could rant about too but i cant be assed. well... one more but this is just about the manga, the ch always feel too short and broken up. like this fight for example is prob gonna go on for another 2~3 ch and its already gone on for 2

Dex-chan lover
Question... is it just me that thinks the yandere cousin should make a return?

I know those types can be annoying, but she came and went so quickly that I didn't feel a conclusion from that... and I really want her to react to Elma and Luce's progress.

With how Luce is now, she could kick that crazy little harlot ass in a second flat.

Contributor
If Elma, who's supposed to be the game knowledge expert, is having this much trouble with his balanced party fighting a single monster, how much worse is it with the other parties in the raid? They didn't get massacred already, did they? Although even if they were, I'm pretty sure Snow and Isabella would survive since they're named characters.

Users who are viewing this thread