Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - True Power

Group Leader
He said it in previous chapter that he become motivated after seeing the girls. He's not yet before, joining the party only for fun/killing time, that's why he didn't spend effort to prevent Est's banishment
There was a flashback of when Athena first approached him where her motivation to become the best adventurer, which reminded him of his old flame, which was the reason why he joined their party. It wasn't until his competition for harem master was gone that he started training the party. He wasn't motivated to train them until the were helpless broken girls so he could play the hero and mentor.

There was a flashback of when Athena first approached him where her motivation to become the best adventurer, which reminded him of his old flame, which was the reason why he joined their party. It wasn't until his competition for harem master was gone that he started training the party. He wasn't motivated to train them until the were helpless broken girls so he could play the hero and mentor.
What I got from that scene in ch 15 was that she reminded him of his past, and he just went along to see how far she could go. He wasn't motivated to do his best.

The turning point was Est's banishment. Athena fell, and if she broke back then, then so be it. That's just how far she could get and he would return to his life before he met Athena. But she didn't, and that was what motivated him to do his best as a party member.

Dex-chan lover
"While spending time with them a dream came to me. I wanted to see them grow and I wanted to see that dream come true."
Funny how the imagery of the party is after Est is banished and only includes the girls. Still not buying the gaslighting, author.
Yup that's how I took it as well. The party with Est in it didn't really interest him, he was just killing time because of Athena reminding him of his lover back then. Now that he's got a little harem formed, now it's for real.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The demon in the next chapter: lucky for me i have a brother!!!

The demon´s brother:... hi

...another 10 chapters later, demon dad appears... now the fight gets serious

No really... i did not read the thing i just saw all the pages of Daru doing poses

The author during it: ... I already told you, call me Daru!!!

Dex-chan lover
:dogkek: It’s funny how the rating on this manga gets lower and lower with each new chapter. Let’s aim for 1.0 by the end yeah? I wonder what the rating is on official websites.
I'm not sure about "official" but it currently is rated 6.04 by 130 users on MAL.

I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy reading this manga without hating, but who the FUCK does he think he is with his hair slick back and everything 😭😭 bro think he aizen 😹😹😹

Dex-chan lover
this chapter really proves that this manga was never really about the banisher group but a stupid side character that is supposed to be the real mc all along.

it feels like the author have never read a banished/exiled series or just decided to do a self insert with Daru as the medium.

Dex-chan lover
"Yeah, check me out, Readers. I'm fuckin' awesome." Just kill the damn thing if you're going to.

Throwing in my theory for the manga's end. Daru stands triumphant, recognised by all as the greatest living adventurer, honouring his fallen teammates. Then the last panel has a quick "oh and those banish sub-plot people made up".

Supporter
Two people. Two people's worth of magic power. That's your super sekret hidden saiyan modo.
I presume it's whatever is left from the corpse of his dead girlfriend/sex-friend/fucktoy's life force being released because even the deceased can't get enough of this dude's D.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter really proves that this manga was never really about the banisher group but a stupid side character that is supposed to be the real mc all along.

it feels like the author have never read a banished/exiled series or just decided to do a self insert with Daru as the medium.

I mean there is a reason this manga/novel got dumped on so hard in japan lol

Group Leader
Oh, now he decides to show his full potential, huh?
Not when Est was nearly killed and he could have prevented his banishing by telling everyone he was handicapping himself and promising to stop doing so in order to be a better vanguard.

But right now that he successfully gaslit Est into believing he was the problem and got Athena in love with him!

Users who are viewing this thread