Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Banishment

Dex-chan lover
This seems pretty interesting but it also seems like it can be easy to dislike if your too quick to fall in with banished protagonists. If you've been fired/layed off or have done so to someone else, you'd probably think the party didn't handle it that badly. For both sides, you need to be pretty detached and unemotional about it, atleast while in front of each other. They could have pushed or mentioned that their reasoning was that he almost died not long ago but making it out like you're pitying him or something would leave an emotional attachment or hope of coming back. That's bad, don't do that. It encourages some of the bad reactions that this guy does with the lingering around them and showing up at their house unannounced and shit. Because of that, I find Est a little off.

Well, anyway, it's enough that they just told him the reason without saying anything they shouldn't. Things only go poorly because, as per usual, he immediately fixes his problem and becomes really strong out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
Here's a thought: if you're worried Est would get killed if he continued adventuring with you, would banishing him, knowing he could very well go out on his own recklessly despite the danger he faced before, really be the better option here?

Obviously, this is one of the stories where the banished realizes how powerful they are on their own, but under normal circumstances, you just threw him on a path where he'll just die on his own, and the only fault you had is getting him out of the party instead of talking about how to improve your chances of survival. I get it, young teenagers letting their emotions make the decisions for them like the idiots they are, it's expected at this point, but the long-term consequences should really have more thought put into their decisions.

Dex-chan lover
This looks good, and I like the idea of flipping the trope around, but it also feels like a hollow version of the banishing groups POV. Let's be honest, how many "banishing groups," off the top of your head, have a female love interest childhood friend as the group leader? I can think of 2, and in both, the banisher wasn't said female childhood friend, but some male member who's obsessed with her.

I feel like the banishing group should have had a blonde prettyboy male leader with a hero trait, who kicked someone out JUST because they're weak (no intention of protecting them), who also treated said member like crap. You know the ones, they'll do the epic Evil Meme face where they stick out their tongue the moment they turn heel.
I feel like watching these guys fall to their lowest, and then starting from scratch at their roots would be the more interesting.

Regardless, this still looks good.

Aggregator gang
Interesting concept, but there are some things I found a bit questionable. I'm not interested in a romance between MC and Athena. Secondly, I wonder why they had to solve the issue with deception. Perhaps they'll explain or elaborate in later chapters. Finally, I wish Daru was just a normal dude but I suppose that would be asking too much.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting.
They had good intentions, but they went about it the wrong way.

Group Leader
@SKY0000 Hi the reason I put Dale instead of Daru or w.e is because apparently it's also a pun on how he's dull and also because the wn translation used Dale and ngl I liked it more lol. I actually used a lot of the WN tl for this which was an awful idea looking back. Yes it was upscaled I have the volumes now but at the time there were none available if you want them I can hand them over I also have the LN. Also I dropped this because it didn't seem many people were enjoying the wn and just like you,hated the protagonists so I didn't want to waste my time doing something people didn't like so I kept it to myself.
Sadly the manga is coming to a close as of writing this and looks like the wn also ended. Can't say I'm not disappointed though I was hoping for more but w.e think most authors give up on a work of it shows no sign of getting big with either a long serialization or an anime.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I honestly hope he won't go back to them and continues hating them, no matter what shit they say about protecting him, all she did was mentally scar him, I'd rather not get some sappy story where later on all is perfectly fine and nothing ever happened

Double-page supporter
doesn't seem to get better as further as it goes and the ntr bs just doesn't make it any better.... this is WAY worse than with smth of a similar concept as shown by the glaringly low ratings of the novel as well seems enough of a reason for me to drop this trash

Aggregator gang
fliping the banishment trope around i see
good
hopefully est wont come back later as an moron thou...... like if i get a banishment manga where the banish people are sensible and not jerks pls dont make the banished guy turn out to be an asshat later just let everoyne stay good ok
I cant blame Est if he comes back a villain and not just an antagonist. Though I understand the MFL reasoning but its kind of dumb for her to do it that way instead of trying to have him removed amicably. But I think they still gonna follow the trope its just the POV is focused on the Banishers side and the only change is the reason for banishmen. I think they will soon encounter an OP Est with a Harem composed of tropey waifus such as a slave, voluptuous girl, loli, etc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean, there's better ways to kick someone out of the party. I gotta find the series, but they sat down with the MC, explained their situation, and their worry for him as they told him to stop adventuring or take it step by step until he's stronger and can keep up with them. That's a good way of handling the situation, not this shitty version.

Dex-chan lover
Since author went with this trope, I wanted Daru to at least NTR every girl in the party and them taking all the banished guy's clothes and money... you know, like MOST of the exile stories. Them making the exile guy get mad and all that is just not that good.

Double-page supporter
In the end she was only selfish and was not so different from the guy she banish...
It seems he got stronger... since they aren't bad people the can be forgiven... but I hope that guy doesn't come back to their party...

Double-page supporter
You'll enjoy the next few chapters then, but after a while you'll wonder where is the revenge in it
But revenger for what? That's seems they aren't bad guys... I only can see a "revenge" that he wouldn't comes back to their party...

Dex-chan lover
If I'm Dal, I'd jump out of the building, search Est and explain everything. And maybe just do quest with him once in a while until he's stronger.

Fed-Kun's army
The name Daru looks dumb asf compared to Dale, you translated it to English so why wouldn't you use the English name, shits dumb.

Dex-chan lover
Hol up; didn't you just get buffaloed by some wolves?
So, you should be kicked out, right?
Not perfect means you're out, right?
Fuckin dumb writing

Dex-chan lover
fliping the banishment trope around i see
good
hopefully est wont come back later as an moron thou...... like if i get a banishment manga where the banish people are sensible and not jerks pls dont make the banished guy turn out to be an asshat later just let everoyne stay good ok
There is another manga where the banishers aren't actually bad, like the manga with a MC building a country.

Dex-chan lover
ngl seeing est succeed after he was being such an ass just doesn't feel right. i get being upset but for him to take out his frustration on the one guy that looked like he was bothered by kicking him out is just immature. and to make such a low blow comment like that to the guy who was more than likely his childhood hero, lifesaver and inspiration for becoming an adventurer is just inexcusable.

Users who are viewing this thread