Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari

Group Leader
holy shit 4.88⭐️ what the hell happened here 😭
They're hung up on poor Est being thrown away and self inserting as him probably lol. It's not a wish fulfilment power fantasy they want as it isn't about Est and his super cool adventures as he awakens his super op powers and picks up a harem of women. Reminder they never went back on their decision even seeing Est awaken and never begged him back or harrased him like in other manga's where the OP char is kicked. The group is actually working on filling in the holes. They're not pieces of shit but it seems readers can't help self inserting as Est when they see Dayl on top of his childhood friend lmao.

Want to add the WN TL is kinda scuffed no offence to the TL on that one but it is sorry. The WN also goes a bit longer but it ended as well. Pretty sure it ended because the manga didn't go as long as the author was hoping because ngl it's really open ended.

Dex-chan lover
holy shit 4.88⭐️ what the hell happened here 😭​
As someone who read all 30+ chapters of the raws, the score is not low enough. It was so shit, I would like the author to pay me for the time I spent reading it for free. Its the first time I was actually so livid about a story.

The worst part was, that the author actually thought they were making something profound, they actually thought we readers would side with the "old man adventurer" and think that the guy that got kicked was an a-hole and being childish for being angry at them talking shit on him while kicking him out.
The old man and the leader girl got seen by the kicked guy in a compromising position (who was clearly in love with the leader girl), so OBVIOUSLY the old man DOESN'T do ANYTHING to clear the misunderstanding multiple times, and then the narration just paints the kicked guy as evil even more just because he was angry about it. Like WTF.

I don't think they even actually resolved those misunderstandings in the ending, and the author just forcedly concluded the story as a happy ending with a "Ooh sorry we kicked you and mocked you for your own good", nah fk off.

(Oh yeah, the apology happened because the now op ex party member saves them from getting wiped, and guess what the mfing old man kill steals the big bad that was threatening to wipe their party by telling the kicked guy that "Yow bring the girls to safety", even though the kicked guy was perfectly capable of beating the boss himself, the author only did it this way to make the old man as the hero of the day).

As someone on Reddit put it:

@NotACatNinja
My homeboy Est truly deserves better than this farce.

"Never run away from her weakness" - dear god, she kicked Est out because she considered him to be a "weakness" even though the whole party was truly pathetic and weak without him.

"Prioritizes her friends above all else" - so Est was not considered to be her friend from the start. That explains everything with the cruelty he got. What a good "childhood friend" she was.

"Willing to sacrifice herself for someone else's sake" - she sacrificed her "friendship", her party, her party's future but not herself. And, for whom exactly, because definitely not for Est's sake.

"Kindest person, more than anyone else" - but not to Est, lol.

They're hung up on poor Est being thrown away and self inserting as him probably lol. It's not a wish fulfilment power fantasy they want as it isn't about Est and his super cool adventures as he awakens his super op powers and picks up a harem of women. Reminder they never went back on their decision even seeing Est awaken and never begged him back or harrased him like in other manga's where the OP char is kicked. The group is actually working on filling in the holes. They're not pieces of shit but it seems readers can't help self inserting as Est when they see Dayl on top of his childhood friend lmao.

It's not a wish fulfilment power fantasy they want as it isn't about Est and his super cool adventures as he awakens his super op powers and picks up a harem of women.
Yes, that's why the premise was interesting and I (I would assume others too) and thought it was gonna be good, but it was so badly executed.
They're hung up on poor Est being thrown away and self inserting as him probably lol. --- Reminder they never went back on their decision even seeing Est awaken and never begged him back or harrased him like in other manga's where the OP char is kicked. The group is actually working on filling in the holes. They're not pieces of shit but it seems readers can't help self inserting as Est when they see Dayl on top of his childhood friend lmao.
Its not that the characters people were actually mad about, its about the fact that the author writing it in a way that expects people to like the members of the original party, whilst writing it like Est was the weird one for being disgruntled about being canned (and all the misunderstandings that happened but was just glossed over about).

If I made any mistakes in writing, please forgive me, Im writing this at 2 am. Anyways, peace.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
After reading the 9 available chapters, I can tell exactly what happened here: the author doesn't understand the consequences of the choices he made, so he ended up making the protagonists a bunch of hypocrites, managed to victim-blame, and painted the worst character of the group - the oldest swordsman - as the morally righteous main character.

The art is good, the pacing is good, but the protagonists are just a bunch of inconsiderate hypocrites who paint their terrible choices as the harsh but righteous path, and only end up making the victim in this story, Est, seem like an unreasonable asshole.

The readers aren't buying that crap. That's why it has a score of 4.83 now, even lower than it was when you posted your comment.
It isn't an issue of hypocrisy. (That means they say one thing and do another, but they stand by their views and don't do opposite, or are hypocritical.... so no idea why you are using that word for... since it doesn't fit).

I would say it is more just the stupidity of Est suddenly being a villain...

Like bruh, Any logical dude could see she was out cold, so the only two assumptions are, the dude it dealing with a drunkard, or at worst a certain R-word.

Also Est ain't no victim XD

You taking stuff to the extreme, and acting like he is virtuous for being a supposed "victim".

A victim doesn't go an mock others rubbing their power in their face... that is a perp :|

Est is the classic piece of trash "Nice guy" that only does things and expects something in return. (at least how they are now, didn't seem that way at first).
Which already makes him lower than scum, so anything you may hate the party for, they still ain't worse than that XD

The kind of character that would still be a victim, would be one that only kept helping others, and didn't 180 into a piece of shit the moment they got power. (which is part of the trash writing).

Anyway, still stupid writing, using bullshit to force them to be more morally right, when they didn't need a bad or good in the first place.

There's a series that does this premise much better elsewhere, although it is about an MC that get banished 100 times XD (first party did same thing, but when they did, they said part of the reason is because they would die, so were at least upfront with their reasoning).

Supporter
Damn. The story - or to be more precise the characters - are really all over the place. The consistency of the characters is just idiotic and so is the reasoning behind the banishment. This story made me really sad because it is just soooo bad.

Dex-chan lover
i thought it was going to be like " instead the party being the cocky arrogant bastards, they are actually the good/decent people and the banished guy is actually the " it would have been WAY better than whatever the hell this story is going to be
Agreed. This is shaping up to be one of the worst stories I’ve ever had the frustrating displeasure of wasting time on. Hope the author learns from this after a clearly much needed extended break because holy shit. This was poorly thought out.

It isn't an issue of hypocrisy. (That means they say one thing and do another, but they stand by their views and don't do opposite, or are hypocritical.... so no idea why you are using that word for... since it doesn't fit).

I would say it is more just the stupidity of Est suddenly being a villain...

Like bruh, Any logical dude could see she was out cold, so the only two assumptions are, the dude it dealing with a drunkard, or at worst a certain R-word.

Also Est ain't no victim XD

You taking stuff to the extreme, and acting like he is virtuous for being a supposed "victim".

A victim doesn't go an mock others rubbing their power in their face... that is a perp :|

Est is the classic piece of trash "Nice guy" that only does things and expects something in return. (at least how they are now, didn't seem that way at first).
Which already makes him lower than scum, so anything you may hate the party for, they still ain't worse than that XD

The kind of character that would still be a victim, would be one that only kept helping others, and didn't 180 into a piece of shit the moment they got power. (which is part of the trash writing).

Anyway, still stupid writing, using bullshit to force them to be more morally right, when they didn't need a bad or good in the first place.

There's a series that does this premise much better elsewhere, although it is about an MC that get banished 100 times XD (first party did same thing, but when they did, they said part of the reason is because they would die, so were at least upfront with their reasoning).

Bullsh1t. How is Est a typical "nice guy" Dude is literally kicked out for being "weak" by his childhood friend who he loves and is replaced by some old dude. Later when he find out he isnt as weak as they thought he goes back to tell them the good news only to find that old dude and his childhood friend in a very sexaul position and the olde dude and the girl dont bother too actually try to fix that misunderstanding properly, bot only that but they call him an asshole for being angry about the misunderstanding that they barely acknowledge. It also doesn't help that the girl starts to fall in love with him and start to make the old dude look a freaking saint.

Est has problems yes but no way in hell is he worst the party, especially that bitch that hated est for being close to the party captain.

Dex-chan lover
Bullsh1t. How is Est a typical "nice guy" Dude is literally kicked out for being "weak" by his childhood friend who he loves and is replaced by some old dude. Later when he find out he isnt as weak as they thought he goes back to tell them the good news only to find that old dude and his childhood friend in a very sexaul position and the olde dude and the girl dont bother too actually try to fix that misunderstanding properly, bot only that but they call him an asshole for being angry about the misunderstanding that they barely acknowledge. It also doesn't help that the girl starts to fall in love with him and start to make the old dude look a freaking saint.

Est has problems yes but no way in hell is he worst the party, especially that bitch that hated est for being close to the party captain.
Bruh, you keep making excuses for him and acting like he can do no wrong.

They kicked him out to keep him alive lmao.

Just cause he reacted like a b*tch, doesn't make them at fault for trying to keep him alive. Sure they went about it in a shit way. But the one acting like trash is him and only him.

So what he loves her? that doesn't mean he isn't constantly weighing down her mind cause she doesn't want him to die.

The fact you only care about how he thinks and feels is the reason you can't see it.

He thinks he is owed something by her, and has a right to her, just because he loves her... she and the group owe him nothing, whatever they do and did for him was because they cared.
And because they cared they chose not to bring him to what they believed would be certain death.

It was him who was the moron jumping to conclusions, and spawning hate. Not the group. Just as a "nice guy" would.

Being weak isn't an excuse for being pathetic. and that's all that guy is, now he has power, but his mind is still weak and pathetic. just look at how he is acting. If the story had a semblance of realism, dude would be all ego now, and piss off someone stronger than him, and get killed.

He is the worst, because of how he acts, you can hate that bitch that hates him, but she isn't the one going around lying and ruining someone elses reputation because they're being spiteful. And then stabbing the knife deeper without even bothering to try and find out the truth, and only believe what they saw at a bar... where people get drunk... assumed they were fucking, instead of noticing the person was passed out like any sane person would.

Or at least assume she was in trouble instead of the worst shit possible... BUT here's a problem, EVEN IF THEY WERE F*CKING, who cares? sure he liked her... but they weren't together, she wasn't with him, so why the fuck does he have rights to her at all?

The idea her being with that dude is betrayal is asinine. Which is why he is a weakling "nice guy" because he acted like she's his, with having actually gotten with her, or fkn even at least confessed.
Dude created bounderies for her in his own head, without her knowledge, or permission.
What's fkn hilarious is she WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED THEM, but the weakling never told her, and acted like he had rights to her.

Dex-chan lover

Aditional reply:

If you truly believe that... I'd suggest you drop this series.

The dudes whole arc, is learning how he had done wrong, and learned to be strong in mind as well. Apologizing and thanking them

Something I forgot to mention was... you say they didn't bother to fix the misunderstanding.

2 issues:
1. she didn't really know until he had already started being a piece of shit.
2. Dude wouldn't have listened anyway, he made up his mind.

Bonus: he probably would've thought they were lying, especially after he had gotten a name for himself, thinking they were just weasling their way back. Because that's how the weakminded are, they jump to assumptions and conclusions, ignoring the facts.
Major fact being, didn't matter if it wasn't a misunderstanding, why should he be angry at them? feel hurt sure, cause he had feelings for her, but it wasn't them who hurt him, it was himself.

Stop removing MC's accountability and putting on the group.

p.s. Just to affirm, Both are shitty, just in different ways, but Est has been the worst because of how he acted after. Now if the group gets stronger than him, and does the same, then they would be worse. Although they won't.

But don't downplay all of his trash behavior and make it like it was the groups fault for it XD How you operate is purely on you, no one else. If you are wrong, it's because YOU f*cked up. Est was wrong and misinformed, because he overracted and f*cked up, only to then being a piece of trash as a result (for now, still has chance of redemption).

Honestly though... I think it has been stupid, Est was written so far to be someone that would be hurt, but not suddenly being a trashy "nice guy" since while he was weak, he was at least mentally strong trying his best.
A "nice guy" type would never solo venture.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
2 issues:
1. she didn't really know until he had already started being a piece of shit.

Bonus: he probably would've thought they were lying, especially after he had gotten a name for himself, thinking they were just weasling their way back. Because that's how the weakminded are, they jump to assumptions and conclusions, ignoring the facts.

Oh my god, how beautiful is this? You made an assumption and conclusion:
he probably would've thought they were lying, especially after he had gotten a name for himself, thinking they were just weasling their way back.
You also ignored the facts and still had the gal to call someone else weakminded lmao

Fact is: we wouldn't have known how Est would react if the party TRIED to at least clear up the misunderstanding. But letting it fester would be even worse, as evidenced by the fact that Est is getting worse and worse until he was able to finally realize the misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover

You also ignored the facts and still had the gal to call someone else weakminded lmao

Fact is: we wouldn't have known how Est would react if the party TRIED to at least clear up the misunderstanding. But letting it fester would be even worse, as evidenced by the fact that Est is getting worse and worse until he was able to finally realize the misunderstanding.
Seems like some readers and the author expect the good guys to be submissive and endure everything (maybe it's a cultural thing but I absolutely hate those heroes "hey, they took everything from me. Let's forget everything and live a slow life somewhere").

On the other side, Daru gets everything and it's made sure that Est knows. Every chapter intentionally creates scenes which make sure that Est (and the readers) go ballistic. Est supported Athena all the time and gets thrown away. Daru behaved like a lazy drunkard, supports Athena one time and immediately gets loving glances.
Instead of clearing up the misunderstanding and getting Est (who became significantly stronger and won't die now) back into the party (which would make the party stronger), he gives his all to include the dragon girl, who offers her virginity and provides "special training" to the harem-party which he obviously couldn't do when Est was still in the party.

(sarcasm on) Yeah, what a splendid and decent guy? I wish I had a "friend" like him (sarcasm off).

But to be good guy Est should endure all of this while the "hero" can do what he wants?!

Spoiler: Why?
So the arc is about mentally crippling a best friend/comrade and even making the victim believe that everything is his fault for acting like a human being? And in the end, he even apologizes to the people who wronged him?
The author must have a really mean personality like his MC, Daru ("he should have punched me" but wait, wouldn't that make the "nice guy" pathetic)?
Wow, that exceeds my expectations!
I didn't think that the plot could get even worse.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

It isn't an assumption... he clearly didn't care to clear up the misunderstanding because he clung to his assumption without asking any questions both in that moment, and after.

You really are deluded XD

Dex-chan lover
Seems like some readers and the author expect the good guys to be submissive and endure everything (maybe it's a cultural thing but I absolutely hate those heroes "hey, they took everything from me. Let's forget everything and live a slow life somewhere").

On the other side, Daru gets everything and it's made sure that Est knows. Every chapter intentionally creates scenes which make sure that Est (and the readers) go ballistic. Est supported Athena all the time and gets thrown away. Daru behaved like a lazy drunkard, supports Athena one time and immediately gets loving glances.
Instead of clearing up the misunderstanding and getting Est (who became significantly stronger and won't die now) back into the party (which would make the party stronger), he gives his all to include the dragon girl, who offers her virginity and provides "special training" to the harem-party which he obviously couldn't do when Est was still in the party.

(sarcasm on) Yeah, what a splendid and decent guy? I wish I had a "friend" like him (sarcasm off).

But to be good guy Est should endure all of this while the "hero" can do what he wants?!

So the arc is about mentally crippling a best friend/comrade and even making the victim believe that everything is his fault for acting like a human being? And in the end, he even apologizes to the people who wronged him?
The author must have a really mean personality like his MC, Daru ("he should have punched me" but wait, wouldn't that make the "nice guy" pathetic)?
Wow, that exceeds my expectations!
I didn't think that the plot could get even worse.
Stuff he did to himself, isn't another fault... He didn't act like a human being, he acted like a child, then like a piece of sh*t...

Jumping to random conclusions then treating someone you supposedly cared for so long like trash. Ain't being a human being. It is being a selfish piece of garbage that deserves nothing.

Dex-chan lover
It isn't an assumption... he clearly didn't care to clear up the misunderstanding because he clung to his assumption without asking any questions both in that moment, and after.

Calling other people deluded while clearly ignoring facts in the story.
Est doesn't know that it's an misunderstanding so how should he clear it up.
The person who doesn't care to clear up the misunderstanding is our hero Daru. He "tried" in two situations where it didn't make sense to talk to Est because he was clearly in rage. And don't start with "he tried to explain in the guild". First of all, he didn't try to actively clear the misunderstanding but waited until he met him coincidentally somewhere. And even then he still waited until Est was again in an enraged state. Of course Est doesn't behave like a saint but his reaction is understandable after he had been treated like garbage (First she threw him away and claimed that he's useless and when it's obvious that he isn't she like "oh, how are you, long time no see"). Daru is the person who doesn't care about anything except when it's about women (saving friendship between Athena and Est - no. Special training to integrate dragon girl who doesn't fit into party - hell yes).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Stuff he did to himself, isn't another fault... He didn't act like a human being, he acted like a child, then like a piece of sh*t...

Jumping to random conclusions then treating someone you supposedly cared for so long like trash. Ain't being a human being. It is being a selfish piece of garbage that deserves nothing.
Wow, completely ignoring the fact that the person he cared for (Athena) treated him like trash, first, because she supposedly cared for him (even though she doesn't give a sh*t what happened to him after she threw him unilaterally out of the party). You got the positions completely reversed.

His fault was to be a nice person and to support the person he loves (you jumped to the assumption that he had to be a "selfish piece of garbage" deep within from the start). What he got for being the good guy is that she kicked him out of the party (because she supposedly cares for him) without talking about the reason and any chance for him to talk things out (speaking of "stuff he did to himself"). He lost his love / best friend, he lost his job, he even lost his home.

Oh yeah, getting angry in such situation is absolutely unreasonable.

And then the author had this great idea to create a scene where Est finds Athena in a compromising situation with a former comrade who knew that he was in love with her. I'm sure you would cheer for them in such a situation.

His conclusions (even if they are wrong) are not random but completely understandable in these situations. Calling his actions (or him) selfish is just nonsense. They are a result of how he was treated/betrayed by his "friends". He's mentally crippled after everything he believed in was taken from him. Expecting him to endure everything with a smile, that's nonsense.

Daru is the "selfish piece of garbage" because it's his job to clear up the situation because Athena doesn't know anything about the misunderstanding and Est doesn't know that it's an misunderstanding. But why should he put any effort into it, if he doesn't get a personal advantage of it? I wonder who's the selfish person here.

I admire your effort trying to interpret this trainwreck of a story to make sense. But I'm sorry, you really put the whole thing upside down. The author had a good idea to differentiate from other banished stories but his implementation was the worst. Rooting for the party (especially Daru) still feels like cheering for the bullies like in all the other banished stories.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Well... there's a really easy way of proving your words. Show me the exact moment in the story where both of those are said. To be clear, show me where these two are explicitly said:

he probably would've thought they were lying, especially after he had gotten a name for himself, thinking they were just weasling their way back.

Show me where exactly in the story is this expressly shown, then we can say it's not an assumption. Show me the exact image or a quote from the manga or the LN/WN to prove that this isn't an assumption. Very easy, right? If this isn't an assumption then that would be child's play for you.

Give me the exact moment where it's said that he wouldn't have listened, and that he's already made up his mind. And another where he thought they were lying after trying to clear up the misunderstanding, and him thinking they were weasling their way back. Just show me where those things could explicitly be found and we're golden. If you can't, or if there isn't then what you said is just assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread