Tsuihousareta Meika no Chounan – Baka ni Sareta Hazure Skill de Saikyou e to Nobori Tsumeru - Ch. 1 - Ritual of Heavenly Grace

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

So this is another adaptation, the LN have 1 Volume that was published on June 23rd, and the WN main story is completed with 435 Chapters / 8 WN Volumes and currently author releasing some after story stuff, the WN main story is fully translated (the WN had a slightly different name, but was renamed at some point)

Novelupdates
Raw WN

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Same plot, same story, abadonded, family doesn't love you, you have to survive and obtain a cheat power somehow, when u in a brink of a death, u will remember ur most treasured moment or hated moment, and make a vow to make him pay for this, or survive for that girl sake, then u got a secret skill of farmers. U can make an status up apple, a drink that can make all women like you, a heroine came cause she is abadonded too, and she can't survive. MC feels relatable and save her, saying edgy stuff like "i don't wan't u", "get out of my sight", and "I just wan't to get my revenge, as long as you don't get in my way, u are free to tag along. But i will leave you if you can't keep up". And then when the heroine can't keep up he helped her and say "I will be in trouble if my meat shield is gone", the heroine will fall in love with mc and help him for real. When u can take a revenge u just didn't, cause u don't wan't him to be dead soon. When u finally got what u wan't, u will think u should forgive him. When u finally made ur mind, someone got in a way or one of the heroine say "this kind of thing is not like you!!", because ur give him a slow dead. And then u didn't got what u wan't, and the heroine became a booroine.
Jus't my speculation tho. Don't take it too seriously plz!!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, treating the reader with contempt is a very poor way to start.
How are they doing that? Nothing unusually bad popped out to me. So, was it something specific or is it just really familiar?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

So this is another adaptation, the LN have 1 Volume that was published on June 23rd, and the WN main story is completed with 435 Chapters / 8 WN Volumes and currently author releasing some after story stuff, the WN main story is fully translated (the WN had a slightly different name, but was renamed at some point)

Novelupdates
Raw WN
Goddamn, 435 chapters, ready to read??? So this kind of buffet still exist nowadays?! Thank you, kind stranger.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why so much of Japan's fantasy revolves around inherent talent such as "skills" or "god's gifts", there's something very gross about them, that it also just undermines the idea of actual hard work. It would have been great if MC was still stronger than his brother, despite the skill, through sheer effort, but that not the case; I guarantee that MC is going to be stronger through some loophole given by his skill (like living in poison makes him stronger, or his ability allows him to farm food that makes him stronger or some such garbage) rather than anything actually earned.

In these fantasy series, everything is so often just given and never earned.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why so much of Japan's fantasy revolves around inherent talent such as "skills" or "god's gifts", there's something very gross about them, that it also just undermines the idea of actual hard work. It would have been great if MC was still stronger than his brother, despite the skill, through sheer effort, but that not the case; I guarantee that MC is going to be stronger through some loophole given by his skill (like living in poison makes him stronger, or his ability allows him to farm food that makes him stronger or some such garbage) rather than anything actually earned.

You and me both. As a TTRPG gamer myself, I always find fantasy mangos like these like they're missing the point of classes completely. Inheritance of Dragon Quest, I guess, but I think not even there it goes like this...

Dex-chan lover
I feel like at this rate, anything picked up by this group has a 98% drop chance for me. It's always the same isekai/reincarnation/whateverthefuckitis shit shaped from the same mold.

Dex-chan lover

Personally, I think this type of genre is the reflection of these authors' views of Japanese society. And the considerable amount of audiences who were receptive of this type of story.

Dex-chan lover
ah sh*t
here we go again:

*another rinse and repeat type kind of manga :
  • MC from prestigious family
  • get shitty skill
  • disavowed and hatedout of normal by the rest of the family and fiancee and brother
  • exiled to abandoned place
  • realized MC shitty skill is GOD TIER skill
  • used the skill to Improve his life/place
  • the shitty family realized value MC Skill
After this there's 2 branch scenario:

1. MC "Forgive" his family for abandoning him,
and want to open heart to them again

2. MC Purge his family

Dex-chan lover

Yeah, one of the things I liked most about kumoko was how the skill system did seem to work as it was supposed to, as a representation of their actual efforts and training rather than something that just happens. Though some parts of it did just sort of happen and that was a plot point and what allowed one guy to fuck up the ending for everyone else. well, endings also a tragedy because of the flaws of the mcs.

However, keep in mind that, rather than Japanese fantasy, what you're seeing is a common trope in a subgenre that happened to get popular on one specific site that happens to get a lot of publishing companies pulling material from it. Add to that where you're getting the manga from and there's multiple levels of selection bias. Less that there's a lot and more that the ones that exist are being funneled to you.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow the webnovel just finished translating yesterday too. What a coincident

Users who are viewing this thread