Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 13 Ch. 88 - [%’*g0]

Dex-chan lover
Should we take this more seriously or nah, what do you guys think, I would personally like there to be more to it
db23c79f7413ed3af4c71bf78cc5986b2c66c01eb51dbcca8a1248f0d573c0fb.png
His parents we're Hyumans who asked the Goddess's help to leave their home world.
Their kids are mix of Hyumans and Humans.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If he was born Hyumans why isn't he beautiful, is the beauty not genetic but gifted? On that note its strange to have all that power but still have just a hyuman body. At the point what separates him from a god.
That is actually eventually explained, but it is a little bit of a spoiler.

Basically, the reason he isn't beautiful like the rest of his family is due to acclimation to the atmosphere of the worlds and the nature of hyumans--their bodies have adapted over time to REQUIRE mana during pregnancy to develop the fetus. After his parents came over, their podies needed time to acclimate to Earth's atmosphere (or how mana works on Earth? I don't recall what exact wording was used). Unfortunately, this process takes multiple YEARS.

• His older sister was born pretty soon after his parents came over (I don't recall if it gets specified, but she may have been conceived in the Hyuman world.
    • At that point, his mother had not acclimated to Earth at all--his older sister is effectively fully hyuman (his mother had enough residual mana to make up for the lack of mana on Earth).
  • He was born at least a year after that
    • His mother was in the middle of acclimating to Earth--which had major consequences for Makoto in his youth
  • His younger sister was born at least a year after he was
    • By the time she was born, his mother had completely acclimated to Earth--his sister is as close to human as a hyuman can get (and needed no mana during development like humans).
(Transferred heroes can use hyuman magic because of the goddess' personal blessings on them.)

That partial acclimation royally screwed up his development in the womb--it's why he's "ugly" (for a full-blooded hyuman) and it's why his magic was messed up and had to be altered by that human healing magic user (if you don't remember this flashback from earlier in the manga, she had to completely sever his connection to some of the elements to keep him from constantly being near-death).

HOWEVER, that is ALSO the source of his power--the reason he was so weak as a child was because he was essentially mana-starved, which spurred his magic power to grow. He was weak and tired because his body was subconsciously using ALL of the mana around him CONSTANTLY to desperately try to make up for the lack of mana while he was in the womb.

It's been a long time since I read any of that part of the WN, so anyone who remembers better, PLEASE feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"He's got no ambition"

"No hesitation to kill"

"But feels bad when people he cares about suffer"

"He's so mysterious!"

So basically what we're being told by the author is that Makoto is a textbook Sociopath but it's ok because he's the MC so it's hot.

Dex-chan lover
"He's got no ambition"

"No hesitation to kill"

"But feels bad when people he cares about suffer"

"He's so mysterious!"

So basically what we're being told by the author is that Makoto is a textbook Sociopath but it's ok because he's the MC so it's hot.
Root is a dragon, who lived for a long time. Don't expect human sensibilities out of him.

Group Leader
Homo dragon says he would like Makoto's children but... how? (Guess he go back to being a she which would be quite fun to see imho). Quite the wordy chapter, good job!

Dex-chan lover
That is actually eventually explained, but it is a little bit of a spoiler.

Basically, the reason he isn't beautiful like the rest of his family is due to acclimation to the atmosphere of the worlds and the nature of hyumans--their bodies have adapted over time to REQUIRE mana during pregnancy to develop the fetus. After his parents came over, their podies needed time to acclimate to Earth's atmosphere (or how mana works on Earth? I don't recall what exact wording was used). Unfortunately, this process takes multiple YEARS.

• His older sister was born pretty soon after his parents came over (I don't recall if it gets specified, but she may have been conceived in the Hyuman world.
    • At that point, his mother had not acclimated to Earth at all--his older sister is effectively fully hyuman (his mother had enough residual mana to make up for the lack of mana on Earth).
  • He was born at least a year after that
    • His mother was in the middle of acclimating to Earth--which had major consequences for Makoto in his youth
  • His younger sister was born at least a year after he was
    • By the time she was born, his mother had completely acclimated to Earth--his sister is as close to human as a hyuman can get (and needed no mana during development like humans).
(Transferred heroes can use hyuman magic because of the goddess' personal blessings on them.)

That partial acclimation royally screwed up his development in the womb--it's why he's "ugly" (for a full-blooded hyuman) and it's why his magic was messed up and had to be altered by that human healing magic user (if you don't remember this flashback from earlier in the manga, she had to completely sever his connection to some of the elements to keep him from constantly being near-death).

HOWEVER, that is ALSO the source of his power--the reason he was so weak as a child was because he was essentially mana-starved, which spurred his magic power to grow. He was weak and tired because his body was subconsciously using ALL of the mana around him CONSTANTLY to desperately try to make up for the lack of mana while he was in the womb.

It's been a long time since I read any of that part of the WN, so anyone who remembers better, PLEASE feel free to correct me.
It has been a while, but it is close enough. Don't forget all the training and everything he did, any average person would have given up and died, he survived partly due to sheer will and yet he still pushed himself to the limit almost dying with training as well, all just to try and be as healthy and fit as an average human. That is a big factor to his present strength where magic flows freely and blessings are abundant.

Dex-chan lover
Makoto may born from hyuman, but he live a life like a human, maybe that's why the dragon dude say it like that.
But while that may have changed his physiology, it wouldn't affect his genetic.
His body may have adapted to earth like a Human (even though he was weak as a kid), but genetically, he's still a Hyuman through and through, which would make it impossible. It's like somehow making a cat look like a dog and expecting this mutant to breed with wolves.

Group Leader
the thing is, I don't remember that assassination conspiracy in the LN (not during the practical exam, but before the autumn tournament clusterfuck).
can anybody refresh my memory ?
During 3rd day of the practical exam an assassin was hired to fuck with, but not kill, the test participants to see how they would handle it/for the lulz. The Lion beastman chose to bail from the test rather than deal with the assassin, but Makoto just beat the shit out of him and finished the test.

It turns out that Blight-sensei was the one that hired the assassin, but after they failed he tried to make Makoto indebted to him through the students, but that failed as well.

Now that Makoto is being an actual threat to his position at the school as the top teacher, and could possibly reveal his secret society (due to Lime's actions), Blight's decided to go all out and take out a real assassination contract on him.

Group Leader
But while that may have changed his physiology, it wouldn't affect his genetic.
His body may have adapted to earth like a Human (even though he was weak as a kid), but genetically, he's still a Hyuman through and through, which would make it impossible. It's like somehow making a cat look like a dog and expecting this mutant to breed with wolves.
It's more like how dogs (Hyumans) are descended from wolves (Humans/Ningen), but some species of dogs retained a lot of wolf traits in their DNA. Makoto and his younger sister are genetically Hyuman, but due to being born on Earth their Human traits became more dominant, with the younger sister being the most Human/Ningen of the two of them.

Dex-chan lover
During 3rd day of the practical exam an assassin was hired to fuck with, but not kill, the test participants to see how they would handle it/for the lulz. The Lion beastman chose to bail from the test rather than deal with the assassin, but Makoto just beat the shit out of him and finished the test.

It turns out that Blight-sensei was the one that hired the assassin, but after they failed he tried to make Makoto indebted to him through the students, but that failed as well.

Now that Makoto is being an actual threat to his position at the school as the top teacher, and could possibly reveal his secret society (due to Lime's actions), Blight's decided to go all out and take out a real assassination contract on him.
Tbh, I've always wondered who the assassin was. Almost seemed like one the sisters, but I don't believe they worked alone back then? 🤔

Group Leader
Tbh, I've always wondered who the assassin was. Almost seemed like one the sisters, but I don't believe they worked alone back then? 🤔
It was just some jobber character, the sisters weren't introduced at that part and their boss Birki, the restaurant owner that made the blue slime jelly meal (Chapter 48), was retired at that point.

Dex-chan lover
Not really, it is in literal sense. His body is hyuman that is half-adapted to Earth's conditions. Those that adapted to Earth is human whereas those that is not are hyuman (inferior human). That's why Root says he is a human but also not a human.
While this is true, remember that root doesn't know that makoto has effectively been performing something close to soul transmigration in the demiplane, it's something that comes up in the novel of whether makoto is even capable of dying of old age anymore due to his mana focus training essentially reforming his basic form, not spoiler tagging that because it was mentioned once before.
This becomes even more clouded when earth's gods get involved in the story thanks to the goddess doing something to makoto that requires him to reach the level of godhood in power if he wants to survive, at that point it's questionable if he's even capable of dying anymore since his power has to essentially reach that of the goddess to survive.

Hmm, not a novel reader so I don't know what is going to happen.

But it would be very disappointing if at the end he does get together with Tomoe and Mio... and then lives about 100 years and dies, and they are left alone.

I don't know, I like my happy endings. Being together while knowing that he's going to die "soon" and then they'd be left alone.... I would call that a very bittersweet ending.

I am hoping for something else.
I can't comment on the aging thing more than i did with the above spoilers, but him getting together with tomoe and mio is canon, in the web novel that happens i think in chapter 310, which is still a ways off from here but it is canon that he ends up at least with tomoe and mio (though there are a few hyumans who are attracted to him as well and the novel is ongoing).

Dex-chan lover
You missed the point by a lot. Currently Makoto despise hymans because they are selfish, cocky, arrogant, racist (or what is correct world for hating other species) and only able to dominate in the world due to Goddess blessing, which is all true. Also he's firm believer of "treat other like they treat you", so he'll kill anyone trying to kill him.

Also it's kind of rich coming from Root who admitted that the whole Adventure Guild thing is too kill off worst hymans by making them try to do impossible tasks. And it's hilarious in compassion how two other summoned "heroes" are. He don't mind one of them being, well, one of them being actual psyho.

Dex-chan lover
How do YOU explain what an RPG is to a person from a person in a medieval era?
Maybe with some equivalency, you can somehow manage it?
It feels like it would be fairly easy, if the person isn't inclined to call you a liar, and is of fairly average intelligence.

You start with board games, go to board games with intricate rules, and wind up with board games with books and books of rules that are intended to be consistent, and simulate actions more explicitly. If there's high-level military experience, there may be primitive wargames they're familiar with. Then you go to automatons designed to play games, and if you're in a world of magic, you can gloss over how these automatons create changing images to assist in the playing of these games. And you're there.

Probably would give the impression of an expensive and decadent pasttime, but neither of those things are new.

Dex-chan lover
You missed the point by a lot. Currently Makoto despise hymans because they are selfish, cocky, arrogant, racist (or what is correct world for hating other species) and only able to dominate in the world due to Goddess blessing, which is all true. Also he's firm believer of "treat other like they treat you", so he'll kill anyone trying to kill him.

Also it's kind of rich coming from Root who admitted that the whole Adventure Guild thing is too kill off worst hymans by making them try to do impossible tasks. And it's hilarious in compassion how two other summoned "heroes" are. He don't mind one of them being, well, one of them being actual psyho.
Xenophobic, maybe? That aside out of the three summoned makoto seems the sanest lol.

Users who are viewing this thread