Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 12 Ch. 84 - Substitute Beauty

Dex-chan lover
question for LN enjoyers: how much longer is this blasted school arc?
a loooooooooong while before we leave this town (and even then we still visit here n there because he still teach his class)

not only do we have this lab incident which goes into the librarian revealing her past (she came from the country his parents were in) so that's maybe 1-2 chapter for the lab itself if there's no other plot expanded on then maybe 1 more on the past

there's the merchant bit in the city

maybe more stuffs I'm not remembering off the top of my head

THEN finally school festival tournament for the students which include some plot-relevant characters showing up and the demons starting their big plan in the city which dominos into Makoto getting summoned again then go to fight in Limia to save Hibiki which includes two boss fights (well, 2 for Makoto and 1 for Shiki)

Contributor
pls tell me more (spoiler is fine) about who is this root guy, some said root guy is on tomoe level? doesnt that mean hes OP af? based on the world's standard

Root is translated as Lut both in the manga and anime, and they're the Golden Dragon that's on the same power scale as Tomoe when she was a full Dragon. When the MC was kidnapped by the goddess they were the dragon she was going to interrogate to see if they was involved as they have the same gold mana as the goddess.

Anyone else notice that the author is consistently pushing the pseudo-incest angle with the harem candidates? Multiple girl pairings that remind the MC of his sisters:

Tomoe & Mio
Aqua & Eris
Rembrandt Sisters

Dex-chan lover
Who's Root?
pls tell me more (spoiler is fine) about who is this root guy, some said root guy is on tomoe level? doesnt that mean hes OP af? based on the world's standard
Root is the dragon king. He was like Tomoe, a dragon that was taken care by someone who get Isekai and as Tomoe falls in love with the Japanese medieval era, he falls for classic RPG.

He is a complete sucker for every aspect of classic RPG, class system, level, etc. He even made a magic hand of invocation, just to fulfill his fantasy to be summoned and reproduce the animation of Bahamut from Final Fantasy.

That why he put a lot of effort to create the adventurer guild, keeping them neutral from any country and hide himself as a perpetual guild master. (He changes his hyuman identity every once in a while to keep the job)

He helps Makoto at times, he likes Makoto a lot, he likes him so much that he wish to enter his bed, but he is stopped by Tomoe and Makoto. Exactly, he wishes to have Makoto's baby, yes he can change his genre as he please.

He is a good guy, but more neutral in the story, mostly because Makoto doesn't want the help of a man who keep trying to have sexual relationship with him.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else notice that the author is consistently pushing the pseudo-incest angle with the harem candidates? Multiple girl pairings that remind the MC of his sisters:

Tomoe & Mio
Aqua & Eris
Rembrandt Sisters
In the novel, it's explained. It's a mean for him to keep himself from crossing a line.
It's a defense mechanism he has, and he doesn't really realize it. But every time he feels strong feeling toward a woman, he finds a way to associate his romantic feeling to filial feeling, mostly his sisters as references.

That keep him from thinking he has romantic interest toward others. It's something he did even before he got Isekai. His sisters mention it in some bonus chapters.

I don't remember why he behaves that way.
It's not a unique trait he has. He is also racist against hyuman. He doesn't realize it either, but since that incident in Asora (about the adventurer that kill orc and Tomoe's clone), he started to be racist toward them.
You can notice it, mostly because he almost never trusts any hyuman, even when he decided to open Asora to others races, hyuman are excluded. Even with all the time he will be with his students, he will be reluctant to employ them and even be cold toward them. At a point, even Shiki ask him to be nicer (while he was the one who wanted to uses them as experiments subjects)

He will change and accept more easily to trust hyuman he met at some point, but it's very far in the novel.

Fun fact : You can also find some subtle racism toward Makoto too. Like when Makoto arrives to this town, he came to a guild to have some usedull information about location. You know, when you move in a new town and ask the city hall for things like the day you take out the trashes, where is the supermarket, etc.
But the receptionist just say "Oh", before giving him the location of the prostitute. The story brushes off, but the receptionist basically thought that Makoto couldn't get any girl with his face, so she informs him about prostitute's location, that incredibly rude.

You can find comment likes this now and then, and Makoto doesn't react. He tends to be petty when people do that, like ordering a meal he knows the offenders will dislike (he did that with one of his student). So he probably didn't notice the receptionist.

But yeah, there is some hidden part in this story.
It will be thanks to Lime btw. Lime will ask him to take care of the orphan children as Asora people. Makoto doesn't trust adult hyuman, but young kids can be reformed, so he started to change at this point.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh wow didn't expect to hear the anti-goddess cult issue this early.
I knew Root had a hand in supporting the cult, it makes sense since he was more or less the previous ruler of the world before the goddess came.

Dex-chan lover
sicks another op chara, i always like it when they introduced some OP legend mons, like mythical beings
Root is the dragon king. He was like Tomoe, a dragon that was taken care by someone who get Isekai and as Tomoe falls in love with the Japanese medieval era, he falls for classic RPG.

He is a complete sucker for every aspect of classic RPG, class system, level, etc. He even made a magic hand of invocation, just to fulfill his fantasy to be summoned and reproduce the animation of Bahamut from Final Fantasy.

That why he put a lot of effort to create the adventurer guild, keeping them neutral from any country and hide himself as a perpetual guild master. (He changes his hyuman identity every once in a while to keep the job)

He helps Makoto at times, he likes Makoto a lot, he likes him so much that he wish to enter his bed, but he is stopped by Tomoe and Makoto. Exactly, he wishes to have Makoto's baby, yes he can change his genre as he please.

He is a good guy, but more neutral in the story, mostly because Makoto doesn't want the help of a man who keep trying to have sexual relationship with him.
thanks

Root is translated as Lut both in the manga and anime, and they're the Golden Dragon that's on the same power scale as Tomoe when she was a full Dragon. When the MC was kidnapped by the goddess they were the dragon she was going to interrogate to see if they was involved as they have the same gold mana as the goddess.

Tomoe & Mio
Aqua & Eris
Rembrandt Sisters
thanks

Dex-chan lover
a loooooooooong while before we leave this town (and even then we still visit here n there because he still teach his class)

not only do we have this lab incident which goes into the librarian revealing her past (she came from the country his parents were in) so that's maybe 1-2 chapter for the lab itself if there's no other plot expanded on then maybe 1 more on the past

there's the merchant bit in the city

maybe more stuffs I'm not remembering off the top of my head

THEN finally school festival tournament for the students which include some plot-relevant characters showing up and the demons starting their big plan in the city which dominos into Makoto getting summoned again then go to fight in Limia to save Hibiki which includes two boss fights (well, 2 for Makoto and 1 for Shiki)
really wanted to see makoto in another action, but i guess it will be long time before that happens

where is my season 2 anime when we need it

Dex-chan lover
Kuzunoha didn't learn from his past at all. He is still way too gullible towards people, and now look whos biting his ass in the back, the "big sister" from a certain store is the rat.
He need to start sniffing into people's identity more seriously.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Ohh, quite fresh approach the manga had, did they use the LN version for this chapter?
N is that really Root?
?.?...

Dex-chan lover

Tomoe & Mio
Aqua & Eris
Rembrandt Sisters
I have not read anything in the spoiler tag since i don't want to be spoiled but pseudo-incest is so far off base. Aqua & Eris treats makoto as the boss and doesn't harbor romantic feeling for him. Tomoe & Mio do want to further their relationship but they are in no way shape or form can be considered siblings. Rembrandt sisters are very grateful to makoto for saving their lives so it's understandable they fell for him (if that is manga logic is up to you considering how ugly he is by the world standard). Makoto adores her actual big sister and small sister as sibling would.

Dex-chan lover
really wanted to see makoto in another action, but i guess it will be long time before that happens

My wild guess they're puzzled on how to fit in story within 1 cour with having a good action for the end of season. Either they'll cramm the story till reach a big action scene or the genre of season 2 will be 'kinda' slice of life

Dex-chan lover

but when the action happens, it's gonna be super great (in that sense, it's a lot better that the 2nd season was already approved, 'cause the manga is slow af... for being monthly.

Dex-chan lover
That July release tho :angery::angery:
That's for the next collected volume, not the next chapter. Sadly, a volume us non-Japanese speaking people will never see. IIRC, Tsukimichi is under that one publisher that seem to hate foreigners. That's the only explanation I can think of for why they refuse to license out their titles. Guess they don't like money.

anti goddess, made of hyumans and demi humans, experimenting on academy students, Isn't this literally Kuzunoha Company? Are they just pretending to not notice?
No. Go back to the past few chapters - there's a group experimenting on the students, like that one noble student that's harassing the girl at the place Kuzunoha & Shiki eat at.

Users who are viewing this thread