Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 14 Ch. 108

Dex-chan lover
The end?
Takae truly reincarnates has Moriya's daughter with all memories.
Her: Now this is just awkward
Him: Seriously?

Dex-chan lover
This has 3 great layers for me
1 - she's with the person who has a hard time letting go
2 - she sees it with her own eyes instead of being told about it
3 - she sees it "by accident" and not because anyone is taunting her about it or bragging to her face
It's done I guess. She will definitely come back for 5 seconds during Mai's wedding before adios'ing for good. I can smell it

Dex-chan lover
This just feels so inorganic. For a story that's mature enough to handle themes of moving on and dealing with loss this marriage bit is the most forced, trite thing the author could have come up with. "He has a new wife. Must be fine I guess."

Dex-chan lover
As much I'm happy she is moving on, this is something that kinda annoys me with other manga that do this, ie spirit reincarnated in body of another person and eventually that spirit leaves when they've achieved peace. Is that the body that they are occupying isn't just a shell, it's a person that the spirit has been squatting on for weeks, months, years. If it was like Yugi and the pharoah where they both are interacting with each other and both are conscience of one another. No, the true owner of the body is thrown into a literary coma. And when the spirit leaves they are like fully developed mentally, despite the fact the spirit has been occupying the majority of their developing lives, which makes no sense.

I dunno, there's a bit of an ethical dilemma/plot holes happening with this reincarnated cliche that just gets handwaved, which annoys me greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread