Tsumi to Batsu no Spica - Ch. 4 - The Last Job (1)

Supporter
My theory is the husband killed his wife and children for the love affair and the detective killed the mistress because of "reasons"

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... There's not really much info to go by. At this point it feels like it's all guesswork... Unless I'm missing something?
Clearly, the husband most likely killed them due to the glee he gets watching their burnt bodies along with his tell (the whistling), but... I wonder if that's 'reality'. I could easily see him hiring someone to do it, even if he didn't personally do it as well.
Why that day, though? He had a day off and wanted to spend time with his mistress most likely while they were out... So did something get set off during his time with her? Perhaps she's an acomplice?
There's something about the detective quickly closing his case file when she appears that strikes me as sort of suspicious, but I can't tell right now.

Dex-chan lover
bet its the detective
Considering he's still hung up on it, he's def connected but if it's not him or the husband, maybe it was his partner or so.

Is it just me or is she drawn in a different art style then everyone else
Maybe it's because she's 'youthful' looking (or just a pink haired protagonist) as opposed to the 'gritty worn out' stereotypical masculine/aged 'rugged' detective or so

bet its the detective
Doubt so. After the teacher was already the bad guy on the first arc, it would be boring if it was the case again of the POV character being the culprit again.
I mean I seriously dont see why he would do that anyway.
Specially because we saw his thoughts before the time skip and he seriously angry about not being able to proove the husband was the culprit when it was so obvious to him.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe she’ll be the last missing piece for him to solve this case…by kinda cheating.

Although the Lie Detector part felt pretty silly, is it admissible in Japanese court?
I'm actually surprised the cops didn't just interrogate him until he confessed. Japan has a 95% clearance rate on homicide and a 99% conviction rate. There are lots of reasons for this. People do get killed without resolution there used be thousands of "missing persons" who were probably murdered but not included in the statistics.

Dex-chan lover
Curious now if she's approaching him so she can help him catch 'the one that got away' or if it's going to be another twist somehow that it ends up being that the cop took the law into his own hands and murdered people who didn't end up getting convicted in court.

Dex-chan lover
Many people thought the manga was axed after the last chapter because the title was 'The Last Job,' but it's more likely referring to the detective's last job rather than the series ending.
Many people thought the manga was axed after the last chapter because the title was 'The Last Job,' but it's more likely referring to the detective getting axed instead.

Dex-chan lover
I imagine there'll be at least one 'fakeout' where she sees images of torture but they're just intrusive thoughts/the person in question hadn't actually done anything (then again, she did say she gives ppl a '3 strike' rule). Maybe she'll save someone who's contemplating suicide too but that's a bit diff than 'punishment' if that's all she cares about

He was literally sleeping with another woman at the time? even if he or the lady he was having an affair with had 'motive', it'd probably be like done by a hitman (although idk if Spica-chan would kill the person doing the hiring too), and at the park the kid staring didn't seem to recognize the person (unless we'll get another POV later with the reveal, b/c other than extreme and being an arsonist, it'd be easier for a husband to poison his family versus being violent in a public park [although other than in a deep forested area or so or them being knocked out before being burned you'd think the screaming/smell of smoke would alert /some/ ppl versus the husband conveniently being the first to discover it])

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 'projection' and the detective saw what he wanted to see or him 'awakening' to a sadistic/messed up side, if not "well my marriage was falling apart anyways so i feel 'relieved' someone took care of the problem for me", or maybe "Since i was harassed/accused , even tho i wasn't charged, it still ruined my life/reputation and made me go crazy" to where he ended up strangling someone else (if it's the same person she 'bumped' into last chapter)

As far as i know, the lie detector is more of a heart rate measurement, so i wonder if it'd read as 'off' if you had like low blood pressure. Although i imagine the standard would be to "tell a lie on purpose' to get a measurement but after being told that feels like ppl could adjust themselves, or if someone was telling the truth but actually 'distraught' and charged for that or so

(also minor nitpick, idk if it's maybe b/c the container is complete white but that coffee container looks a bit weird/off unless it's not clear and has some kinda hidden drug in it lol)
Well the husband is clearly not all that sad about his wife and kids, in fact he seems quite happy now that he can go with his mistress, however such a setting is too obvious

So my guess is that the neighbor from the floor below that was complaining about the noise did it, and the husband is now just capitalizing on it

The wild take would be that the detective did it, but doing that twist twice in a row would been extremely cheap

Dex-chan lover
I'd assumed that he got the video from the news or police reports, and hadn't even considered that he could've taken them himself.

Looking back at how indistinct the video is (to us), it might even be the case that it isn't even of the crime, and the detective was disturbed by the husbands behaviour in public rather than the video. Which would make sense as to why the detective says it's a "gut feeling" rather than "I saw him watching a video of him committing the crime" (even if the way he found that out isn't allowed, I'd assume he'd tell his higher-ups so that they know this isn't just some hunch")

See I thought about but how often do you see police release close up photos or footage of murder victims, especially burned ones, immediately after the murder? That's usually years later as part of one of those murder TV shows, no?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, is the bipolar teacher story over? Is this gonna be like an episodic cute girl doing not so cute things kind of thing?

Edit:i skipped a chapter thats why i was confused lmao

Dex-chan lover
See I thought about but how often do you see police release close up photos or footage of murder victims, especially burned ones, immediately after the murder? That's usually years later as part of one of those murder TV shows, no?
given how 'aggressive' the paparazzi seem ,wouldn't be surprised if 'leaked' photos out there, if not "we're giving a copy to the husband to confirm things"
Well the husband is clearly not all that sad about his wife and kids, in fact he seems quite happy now that he can go with his mistress, however such a setting is too obvious

So my guess is that the neighbor from the floor below that was complaining about the noise did it, and the husband is now just capitalizing on it

The wild take would be that the detective did it, but doing that twist twice in a row would been extremely cheap
well there was mention of him 'snapping' but someone complaining about a noise escalating to arson is harsh then again plenty of horror stories of 'bad neighbors' or so

husband might be too obvious unless there's an added twist of him having like split personality tho he has an 'alibi' bc he was with his affair partner, unless there's like a twin involved or so lol

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a subplot of "Detective isn't a killer but he IS corrupt/taken bribes/covered up previous crimes etc". if it's not 'setting up' to the point where he's gonna be the main rival or keep running into Spica the next couple of cases

Dex-chan lover
given how 'aggressive' the paparazzi seem ,wouldn't be surprised if 'leaked' photos out there, if not "we're giving a copy to the husband to confirm things"

well there was mention of him 'snapping' but someone complaining about a noise escalating to arson is harsh then again plenty of horror stories of 'bad neighbors' or so

husband might be too obvious unless there's an added twist of him having like split personality tho he has an 'alibi' bc he was with his affair partner, unless there's like a twin involved or so lol

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a subplot of "Detective isn't a killer but he IS corrupt/taken bribes/covered up previous crimes etc". if it's not 'setting up' to the point where he's gonna be the main rival or keep running into Spica the next couple of cases
The mistress could have sold him the idea of killing his wife you know, it is faster than a divorce, it is the trope of the murderous homewrecker

With how unpredictable the last few chapters were, I'm not even going to TRY guessing the culprit :notlikethis:
The culprit was the detective, He is the one who collided with her on the road in chapter 3, maybe 🤷‍♂️..

Users who are viewing this thread