Tsumi to Batsu no Spica - Ch. 6 - The Last Job (3)

Double-page supporter
what are the untranslated japanese on the left mean? is it same sound effs as right side?
Yup, it's just SHAKA SHAKA.

I'll be disappointed if it's that dude. It'd mean that the visuals of the flashbacks can't be trusted, because the nose and ears are completely different shapes.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the cop should just call her out on being straight up supernatural instead of being gullible to just take her at face value…
I guess she might just spoil the whole mystery and say who the true culprit was…even though her power doesn’t really have anything to do with finding culprits if they aren’t known.

Then again, she’s a super detective that might’ve already cracked the case behind the scenes. I hope it’s not that and they do something more interesting

Dex-chan lover
Interestingly enough, I think the theme that Spica is looking at is Idolism, in which case the Murderer was a fan listening to an idol's music when she committed the crime.
Other similar clues: The Anita Family was Broke. Mamoru clearly had an idol he was enjoying watching shortly after his family died, which the police officer noticed. Spica running into him was during a moment he was likely indulging in idolism. Similarly, Tani-san has an idol he enjoys watching while on break.

My suspicion is that Anita Misa was a former Idol or V-Tuber.
As for the murderer... there's plenty of hints it could be the Boss or Tani-san, but I noticed Spica didn't try to touch them specifically. Meg-san on the other hand pulled herself close, so I'm going to guess that is actually who is guilty.

Dex-chan lover
Interestingly enough, I think the theme that Spica is looking at is Idolism, in which case the Murderer was a fan listening to an idol's music when she committed the crime.
Other similar clues: The Anita Family was Broke. Mamoru clearly had an idol he was enjoying watching shortly after his family died, which the police officer noticed. Spica running into him was during a moment he was likely indulging in idolism. Similarly, Tani-san has an idol he enjoys watching while on break.

My suspicion is that Anita Misa was a former Idol or V-Tuber.
As for the murderer... there's plenty of hints it could be the Boss or Tani-san, but I noticed Spica didn't try to touch them specifically. Meg-san on the other hand pulled herself close, so I'm going to guess that is actually who is guilty.
Somewhat of a stretch, but some people who listens to music constantly does it because it helps with the voices in their head. Going with your theory that it's idol connected and that the wife was a former idol, it'd could be a schizoprenic looney obsessed with her doing what the voices in his head told him to do. There's not any hints of this being the case for Tani-san though, but you have a point that the idol theme for this arc might have something to do with it or be a hint.

Dex-chan lover
"I mean she's like, an asshole, but different asshole from the one you aiming for"

Dex-chan lover
Well. She just basically revealed she's clairvoyant to someone she isn't going to kill. I'm sure that guy will leave it alone.
Honestly the cop should just call her out on being straight up supernatural instead of being gullible to just take her at face value…
I guess she might just spoil the whole mystery and say who the true culprit was…even though her power doesn’t really have anything to do with finding culprits if they aren’t known.

Then again, she’s a super detective that might’ve already cracked the case behind the scenes. I hope it’s not that and they do something more interesting
I don't get it ? why you think he must have know she have super power ?
He isn't. he assumed ( and it is 100% logical to think so,) she just digging around and find out. "You are quite the detective, huh ?"

and how could he know ? Someone who super smart and sharp is perfectly realistic, we may not met everyday but we can hear about someone exceptional in the new somewhere in the world doing crazy feat irl.
After she met him and he tell her about the case, she dig around. All these infor like he have cancel, retired earlier,... etc is personal information and you can not just go, ask then got them easily, but possible. Then after some digging and thinking, put two and two together etc.... that what you would think irl. No one would jump into the conclusion: "she know it because she have super power or some shit"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i really like this manga, best part are the theories in the comments, very entertaining to read

imo tani-san is the culprit, never trust the donut guy

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it ? why you think he must have know she have super power ?
He isn't. he assumed ( and it is 100% logical to think,) she just digging around and find out. "You are quite the detective, huh ?"

and how could he know ? Someone who super smart and sharp is realistic even irl.
After she met him and he tell her about the case, she dig around. All these infor like he have cancel, retired ealier, is personal information and you can't just go easily got, but possible. Then after some digging and thinking, put two and two together. Thought that is what happen is more realistic than "she know it because she have super power"
Especially since we're talking about policeman, who should be trained and used to rational and deductive thinking. Supernatural would be the farthest thing in his mind.

It's not going to be the girlfriend. It will be one of the coworkers. I really hope it isn't Pit Master-san. I'm wanting it to be the other woman worker because she's had dialogue and doesn't look suspicious. Reminder the husband is clearly involved somehow and most likely connection between one of the employees is another affair.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Yup, it's just SHAKA SHAKA.

I'll be disappointed if it's that dude. It'd mean that the visuals of the flashbacks can't be trusted, because the nose and ears are completely different shapes.
author could also hint that it could be a red herring. thee kkiller and the husband both go fweeeee fweeee (chapter 1) and now the husband is cleared of wrong doing. here the baker and the killer both listen to earphones going shakka shakka but tsumi in chapter 1 says her coworkers are all good people combined with the previous red herring implies this is also gonna be a red herring.

but trying to find hints of who the killer is, is kinda dumb, even in the first arc, there is next to no hints that the teacher was a serial killer who killed his cat (until the end of chapter 2) so it literally could be anyone this arc (except the ones completely ruled out, like the husband). even the cancer detective could be made into the true killer

Dex-chan lover
author could also hint that it could be a red herring. thee kkiller and the husband both go fweeeee fweeee (chapter 1) and now the husband is cleared of wrong doing. here the baker and the killer both listen to earphones going shakka shakka but tsumi in chapter 1 says her coworkers are all good people combined with the previous red herring implies this is also gonna be a red herring.

but trying to find hints of who the killer is, is kinda dumb, even in the first arc, there is next to no hints that the teacher was a serial killer who killed his cat (until the end of chapter 2) so it literally could be anyone this arc (except the ones completely ruled out, like the husband). even the cancer detective could be made into the true killer
It's a mystery manga, guessing who's the culprit based on the clues given is half of the point.

The coolest twist would be the culprit being the detective himself. :)

Let's see, he has amnesia...

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn! I thought that Anita Mamoru guy was gonna find out about Spica going after him, restraining her in a surprise attack and do the old rapey rapey scene!

Dex-chan lover
Especially since we're talking about policeman, who should be trained and used to rational and deductive thinking. Supernatural would be the farthest thing in his mind.

Yeah i'm sure someone observing him obsessing over newspaper clippings in a public setting and willing to talk about it might take 'revenge' but knowing about the cancer would probably surprise some ppl, although 50/50 on the detective being more suspicious of Spica and thinking that she's somehow in cahoots with the husband/being told he's innocent unless she somehow prepared physical proof too versus just 'knowing' his thoughts/memories

Wonder how she'd deal with someone with 'multiple personalities' who don't necessarily 'share' memories' lol

The newspaper clipping emphasizes "the investigation focused on finding someone with a close relation to the victims". That tells me that the culprit is someone in plain sight that the detective overlooked because he was hyper-fixated on Mamoru and the affair.

It was his downstairs neighbor. The constant headphones are to establish that he listens to a lot of music, as reference to the noise complaint mentioned in teh first chapter. Most likely Meg-san. Spica claims her other three co-workers are good people. Mamoru uses the gym across the street every day for the same reason the detective uses the donuts shop across the street: He knows Meg-san is the culprit and so he's sticking close to her waiting for a chance at revenge. Probably someplace where kerosine is readily avalible, like a company barbacue (the cork board makes a big deal out of the fact that kerosine in the summer is weird, so it was probably used for a grill the first time, too).

Dex-chan lover
Damn.. the duo some of us wanted won't come true since he gonna die of the big C.. fuck cancer

Users who are viewing this thread