Tsumi to Kai

@DrHizzle You'd be surprised at what stupid shit people would do for a thrill and sense of purpose; Adrenaline & Dopamine is a hell of a drug for those who do get addicted to it. It's less logically bizzare than you think considering disorders like Kleptomania exist and the fact Japan is pretty notorious for chikan and people taking peep shots.

Double-page supporter
@DeathStrikeV
You are correct to a degree, but keep in mind that just because something like chikan is talked about and appears a lot in media doesn't mean it's actually all that common.

ok why can't he just resist taking skirt pictures like didn't he have brain like imagine if the girl caught me like isn't more illegal like i mean yah it's not ok to have bad grades the parents talking shit on you isn't just better if he play sports like make him distract that habit

@Turkeyjerkey Sure, I don't refute that I have 0 data or personal experience to back up how frequent it is; but doesn't change that it's a serious issue not to be taken lightly and Japan is notoriously known for it.

Think for a second of how difficult a position people are placed when they are subjected to such a crime - I'm willing to bet a large proportion of such events go unreported because an infinite number of factors ranging from mental age (An inexperienced 12 year old vs a mature 30 year old), personality (Shy, quiet, introverted people), not wanting to trouble others (Cultural/social habits), just bearing with it (Nobody to talk to, nobody would listen), etc.

I would then question what do you even mean by common? 10 reported cases while 10 go unreported (It's practically impossible to figure out how many actually cases go unreported in the first place; statistics can only guesstimate so much - some of the more radical estimates apparently put this figure at 100,000 cases per year)? 100? 1000? At what population ratio, 2000 reported cases per 127,000,000 people (Japan population) vs 2000 reported cases per 10,000,000 people (Tokyo population)? At some point it's meaningless trying to quantify your definition as there's no fair and simple way of applying it, but it doesn't change my original point that Japan is notorious for chikans and that it does occur/has happened at least once in the past.

@BigClover sure, some people have that kind of self restraint; but not everyone does. In an ideal world, everyone would be clever, good natured, and the model citizen™; but neither reality nor fiction is so kind

Can someone spoil the ending? Not sure how I feel about the bully dude and all that

Group Leader
Waiting New Chapter Intensified
i hope i can see the translation when houjou-san kidnapped (or maybe this get blackmailed) by the former Prez

It probably does not make a lot of sense rambling here, but...

Change the "peep shot taking" with something worse like taking drugs. Swap the gender.

The things that could go wrong if this is not a manga truly make me feel uncomfortable.

I remember reading this trash few months ago but I just noticed that there's a sexual violence tag so I'm kinda confused if anything worse happens in later part of the story?

Fed-Kun's army
How trash is trash? If the romance is good. Meaning if there’s a strong ship. I’ll read it along with the trash.

@deathstrikev that can make sense, but at the same time, every time I've ever seen a female say the words "he groped me" on a train, I've seen cops called.

I can get your point about targeted people that are quiet, introverted types, but like with rape victims becoming love slaves to their attackers, most of this stuff lives in the manga more than the real world

@W3rds I completely agree that rape victims becoming love slaves is pure trash fantasy that only exists in fiction; just thought I'd mention that I never at any point mentioned this kind of stockholm-syndrome-esque thing happening in any of my examples.

I'm just saying that people can stay quiet for a number of reasons and some even decide to come out years after the fact (after mentally maturing themselves on the subject or coming to terms with what happened). But just like there are people who will go out and cry for help, there's also those who won't; it's nice to think that you live in a safe place where you can easily call for help and people would respond immediately, but that's not the case for every-person, every-place, at every-time.

Hell in some of the articles I've read, people have tried proactively reporting them but due to the conditions: packed-rush hour train where it can be hard to identify the culprit, hard-to-find security/station staff, people not wanting to get involved, or some other screwed up reason - they get away with it anyways. If you can be bothered, google "1988 midosuji osaka chikan"; there's good reason why they introduced female-only train cars in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread