chapter

nice

going

author

san

fuck

off

Double-page supporter
Aoi is DEVIOUS XD. But on the other hand, that reminds me of the issue in Miami where a lot of people had red-eared sliders, and they grow up a lot.

Dex-chan lover
@kronix:
Be strong, we can endure this. Also, turtles do really stop being cute once they grew up.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of fucking teacher tells a bunch of little children the animals they like will get "destroyed" if they can't find them a home? I know she was trying to teach them to be responsible with their pets but damn woman, have some tact.

That was not a very good way to handle talking to school children about the responsibilities of their actions

Like, for serious, telling kids that a bunch of animals will be killed because of a slip-up somebody made is horrible

Dex-chan lover
@rpapo: I've been wondering about that. How do the pythons interact with the local gators? Do they compete to catch similar prey? Do they eat each other's eggs? Do they have cinematic special-effects-filled python-vs-gator throwdowns?

Group Leader
@Purplelibraryguy - The alligators and the pythons interact pretty much as one would expect: the bigger ones eat the smaller ones. Sometimes the alligators win, sometimes the pythons. But for the moment, the pythons are reproducing quicker. See this article for details.

Dex-chan lover
is destroyed really the translation there?
euthanasia is not a fucking synonym for destruction

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus at your place, anyone prefer raise pussy and hiding some basic common sense knowledge ?

Group Leader
@havelmom - Where I used the word "destroyed", the Japanese used the word 「駆除」, which according to WWWJDICT, has the definition "(noun, verb-suru) extermination (esp. pests) / expulsion / destruction". The first line containing the word is 「駆除します」, which translates literally to "(it/they) (are being / will be) (destroyed/exterminated)." The second line contains only the word itself, as one of the kids verifies what the teacher is saying, at which point the whole class goes into an uproar out of shock. She was being very blunt. In the USA, the teacher would probably have used a euphemism, like "they will be put to sleep" or "they will be taken away". In Japan, who knows? They are a country and culture where if the yearly school athletic day happens to have a snowstorm, they will go ahead and have the athletic day anyway. Even in elementary school. As a culture, they seem to believe that everybody must be able to face reality head on, regardless of age or any other consideration. You either stand the pressure, or break.

Double-page supporter
Well, at least this chapter was educating, I'd say, since releasing animals in a habitat where they don't belong really is a problem, and not only in Japan

Double-page supporter
@rpapo: I was basically saying how there were a lot of red-eared sliders in the small artificial lake at my mother's sister's house, and it was due to people just dumping their old pets.

Also, whoever said that grown turtles aren't cute... That's not true. They're just a different kind of cute. If you want an ugly kind, look for the mata-mata, or the alligator snapping turtle, and the compare them to the ones we're used to seeing as pets.

Bug, out.

Double-page supporter
Humans are the only animals that use tears as means of communication.

Users who are viewing this thread