Tsutte Tabetai Gal Sawa-san - Ch. 1 - Gyaru and Tai Rubber

Contributor
I don't know how long manga about fishing can stay interesting, but we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
There has been a lot of Gyaru Reclamation Projects being scanlated lately...

Got to keep the child birth rate up!

Dex-chan lover
oh same author and artist as monsuga, the lewd art gonna be promising

Dex-chan lover
I'm never gonna get the trope of "man, this manic pixie dream gal sure is the type I have a hard time with" in these manga.

Dex-chan lover
Halfway through, I wondered if this was the Sundome Milky Way guy and sho ‘nuff… Hobby manga feels like an unexpected turn for this guy; not the boobs though -totally expect that.

Ok so as someone who fishes I believe on page 16 you are incorrect on a few things, it's not .8 -1lb, Japan measures their braided line with a pe rating which is the diameter, so it would just be pe .8-1, the flouro carbon would be #4 not 4lb, this would be roughly 20lb braid and 16lb flouro which makes much more sense than 4lb flouro fishing offshore. I can't read shit but from my knowledge of fishing I think this is likely correct.

Example of the flourocarbon
https://www.digitaka.com/item/4/10/27/4550133231766

Example of the braid
https://www.digitaka.com/item/5/10/26/4969363115676

Dex-chan lover
Poor taipoyo..

Anyway imo rather than blackmailing, it's more of a teasing. Though I suppose the MC might take it differently lol

Dex-chan lover
I also figure she's not serious, but if not, then she's painfully irresponsible and insensitive. Joking or not, from his perspective, it can very much be legitimate and risk his entire livelihood. I consider his panic valid. He doesn't know this girl outside of being a gyaru he met one time and being the daughter of the person who can end everything for him on a whim, and she just threatened to blackmail him. Malicious or not, he has every right to be scared.
Your points are valid, I'm glad they didn't do the "out of context compromising blackmail photograph" route where ends up being some weird dom/sub relationship and that there's not even an ounce of tsundere in her. (Good thing she doesn't have Nagatoro's alignment)

I figure it'll go:
1) They fish and cook together a bunch with a ton of panty-shots and accidental flashing
2) He figures out he really likes teaching her how to fish and cook
3) They get closer and romance kind of starts
4) They slip up, it's discovered and he gets fired
5) Deus Ex Machina delivers him money (Wrongful termination settlement / her dad's money) and he starts a fishing / cooking school with her.

Hopefully the blackmail will just kind of fade into the background and not be a running gag.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating the chapter, and I hope if the comments are true here about the fishing stuff, that you guys will fix it, it seems interesting.

On a vacuum, I liked the chapter, except for the blackmailing because unless they resolve it as a joke, that would just make most people hate the girl.
HOWEVER, I looked through the author's other works and thus I fear the series will drag its premise into the ground, turn it into an harem and write a rather unsatisfying ending....oh and the guy will most likely remain a virgin.

I'll just put this in the pile of things that I might read once they are finished, see you in 5-7 years.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad to see people are already complaining, cant wait to see more of it down the line!

Dex-chan lover
Gyaru (check), just the right amount of cheeky flirty attitude (check) I'm hooked already

Dex-chan lover
Noice. I dont think she fell for him but instead just wants him to teach her more about fishing and ig cooking too.

Also, that was a really nice 60 pages. I would understand if a 60 pager would take a month for an update but the usual 20ish page per month update is really lame. And usually only the first chapter will be a special 60 pager. Big sad.

Dex-chan lover
Noice. I dont think she fell for him but instead just wants him to teach her more about fishing and ig cooking too.

Also, that was a really nice 60 pages. I would understand if a 60 pager would take a month for an update but the usual 20ish page per month update is really lame. And usually only the first chapter will be a special 60 pager. Big sad.
It'll be 10 chapters before she starts to catch feelings... and he'll be panicking and Mariana Trench (dense)for the next 60 before he's like"oh maybe she DOES like me"

Dex-chan lover
You don't want to fw gyarus 🤣 they are nothing but slut
Not in Manga! They're all surprisingly pure, or if they are sluts it's because of grooming, pressure, or trauma and that's only until they meet the virgin boy that doesn't want immediate sex and only wants to properly date.

Real life Gyarus are probably a different, plus it's kind of like THEY'RE the uncanny valley version. (Some are attractive, but most of the time it goes wrong (see: ganguro))

Users who are viewing this thread