Tsuyokute New Saga - Vol. 8 Ch. 72

@zz2000
MC saved the princess, killed the king, employed the assassin and the prince still died?! That's stupid. And where was ninjagirl, while Urza was being abducted? Isn't she supposed to be their shadow, did the author forget she even exists? The whole story fell apart, from the moment they set sail for the demon content. And at this point, skipping a revisited plot angle makes more sense, than wasting the next two years adapting it.

Group Leader
Judging from the comments and differences between the novel and skipped content, I get the feeling that the manga is being changed so they can rush to the ending in the near future, effectively being axed by the publisher...I really hope I’m wrong though.

Fed-Kun's army
I've been enjoying every chapter of this so far, and the story as a whole seems coherent to me. I suspect people are overly judging this as an adaptation and not enough on its own merits, though not having read the source, I couldn't say for sure.

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus Yea, whether she was a rebound girl or a genuine relation in the past, his half-hearted answer now pulls a shade over whatever they shared. "Just because time travel drama" is not a good excuse to not be honest when she outright asks him. Made worse by the fact that apparently things happened differently in the source novel.
Well, I guess this is one way to gently nudge people into reading the novel instead. - Which I can't find anywhere past vol 2. Ah well, it was a nice dream while it lasted. Hopefully the manga will be good enough in the end.

@kwendy Pretty sure she already have a good guess about their past-future relationship. That's why she asked in the first place - or at least that's how it appears to me. But this kind of manga is often weak in this human-interaction department, so...

Dex-chan lover
@ipmanvsthemask I don't know anything much about the novel, since I couldn't find it to read.

But what I learned from this comments thread was:

seradon:
He was engaged (married) to her. The LN actually has a small line that hints at the extent of their relationship but even then in both works it's clearly stated their plan was to marry if they both made it back. Urza foresaw how unlikely that was so she used the ritual to basically seal the deal ahead of time since ending the partial contract with a kiss carries the same meaning in Elven culture. Meanwhile, the reason Kail lied is because he's still indecisive over his feelings and the fact he knows Urza would probably leave if he admitted he loves her.

Saphsin:
The manga skipped more than a volume of the LN starting a few chapters ago, and then changed the plot for this chapter, this is not what happened in the novel. Very disappointed. The skipping the volume I thought was because both the novel & manga didn't sell well so they're rushing to finish up the manga (screw alphapolis) but changing the content from the novel to the manga? Ruined a great series. Also screw Japanese otaku taste, I suspect this series didn't do well because it didn't have enough fan service in it (I'd like some too but it was fine)

Saphsin spoiler:
Basically the opposite of what everyone here in the comments is complaining about. He told Urza the truth that they were lovers. She hid her red face and was mumbling that was her guess (how else would he know her true name)

And yeah the LN is completed. Very good novel compared to the crap out there, except suddenly rushed in the last volume. I just think the series was not popular, when it could have had a decent number of more volumes to fill the story properly. It may have lacked sufficient fan service for the otaku market in my opinion. Anyways, this manga followed properly from 1-5 and then just totally skipped volume 6 and parts of 7.

zz2000 spoiler:
For those wondering, Vol 6 covered a succession crisis arc where the 1st prince of the Galgan Empire suddenly dies; causing said crisis to break out. Kail then has to investigate the mystery of the 1st prince's death and solve the crisis, since that'll distract the humans from preparing for the war.

Bad situations are made worse with changes to try and adapt to the bad situation. The original light novel is complete, but not dissimilar to what happened to Bleach near the end, the final part was extremely rushed and wrapped up everything very quickly because it's popularity had started to wane with the Japanese otaku crowd. Why, I don't know, you'd have to ask them about it. Maybe there wasn't enough gratuitous fanservice or something.

Basically, parts of this story are now accelerating, an entire volume of the novel was skipped (or possibly has been moved upwards and we'll see that story arc after this one and not before), and the plot has been changed. Because that's just what happens when you have a manga adaption of a LN that gets canned in a hurry on it's end.

That said, I think it's important to remember that Kail was 17 when all of this started and is now currently 20, because the war in his time lasted three years. His interaction with Urza wasn't good, sure. And it was changed from the LN, where he told the truth and then Urza realized that she basically tricked him into a shotgun wedding without explaining to him what that meant because she must have told him her name. But if everyone interacted with everyone else in an optimal way, drama wouldn't exist. Romeo and Juliet wouldn't have happened if literally anyone had calmed the fuck down or waited literally just five minutes before making a decision.

I doubt any of the people throwing an autistic tantrum about his bad call and throwing his entire character under the bus over it have faired any better with their own life choices. It's particularly hypocritical since, while this series of events is starting to become different, the first few manga volumes are identical the LN, which means Urza STILL tricked him into marrying her without explaining what she was doing. Funnily enough, I don't hear any of you nerds crying about that and talking about what a terrible and selfish person she was for pulling that kind of stunt.

It's enough to make somebody believe you're just looking for things to complain about.

Which you are.

Dex-chan lover
well people are here to entertainment, not to read some real life Marvel comic plot, so they can looking as 3rd-view and judge character based on what they want the while not try to relate or think why them do this and not that

"I wont fuck you, because i have another person i also won´t fuck. And both of you will forever stop me from fucking anyone else"
Did he become a celibate when he went back?

Group Leader
He could have said "You were my lover back then, but that time Riize was dead. So ...."

my boy should probably get over himself in a situation as ludicrous as this why not go with both

Wow. This is the moment I am dropping it.
Uneccessary drama, I am tired of MCs saying half-truths or lying that is only to progress some plot points...

Users who are viewing this thread