Tsuyokute New Saga - Vol. 9 Ch. 84

eh. i'm not a huge fan of his slaughtering somewhat "innocent" people, it's not like they're good guys, but they aren't really in the wrong either.
i guess it's better than talk-no-jutsu

Dex-chan lover
Yup. Definitely a reference to Battle of Okehazama.

@AHunter
In a war, at any time period, soldiers are never considered as innocent, even if they never killed anyone. Being a soldier also means you are ready to kill and to be killed.

Dex-chan lover
@AHunter

I mean, they were off to fight and kill others in the name of their country. If they weren't prepared to die, then they should've complained about either joining the army or being drafted.

Not very heroic to kill them in the darkness, without giving them a fair chance to fight back, but hey, it's 50k vs 3.

Surprising that the weather patterns are EXACTLY the same after years of the butterfly effect doing it's thing.
I enjoyed the chapter though. Only 12 pages, but with good story advancement without feeling rushed.

These guys are the Special Operations Forces of their time - able to make a massive impact on the conflict way beyond what their numbers would suggest.

Dex-chan lover
Killing the chain of command is really good, but 3 x 100 = 300 and 50000 - 300 = still around 50000. Doesn't seem to make lot of an impact. I read somewhere, an army is deemed to be defeated, when a certain percentage of its soldiers is wiped out. And that number wasn't that high, but surly it wasn't less then 1%. Well, at least it will create chaos with all those commanders out of the picture and if the other army arrives in the meantime, it can deploy.

But burning those rations? IDK. The soldiers on both sides are still soldiers of the kingdom and are needed after the civil war no matter who is victorious. They have to be feed the coming weeks anyways. Those fires surly won't destroy all the stocks and the battle will last for some hours, maybe days, so there will be enough food to keep them fed for the battle, but not enough, when everything is settled and that food must be replaced with the food of the population. Burning it doesn't seem to make much sense.

@BagOfGlass. The funny thing with the butterfly effect is, it's a matter of impact. A small change in the past can make a big difference in unstable systems like the resulting lottery numbers in a lotto draw, which in turn can have a huge effect on certain lifes. But even if years have past, it won't make a big difference in the GDP of a nation. Given several decades on the other hand...
So global whether systems are too big to be influenced by the untimely death of a king or different troop movements behind the scenes of the demon kingdom. At least not in such a short time period of a few years. While the clouds might look different and the rain might set in a few minutes earlier or later, the storm will surly come.

@BagOfGlass
They are far from an era like ours where the slightest change will have an effect on the climate, there is almost no industrialization and a very low population

@Qelix
I think there is more behind the story of the merchant than what we have been shown

For the number it could be explained by a translation error "It should be enough if each of us kills a hundred."
It should be enough if each use kills a hundred, but I doubt it.

But what is important is perhaps not the number of kills, but the fact that they force all soldiers to be active for hours, before a battle and in passing does not give them time to manage the food and commandement situation
In this situation, it is very likely that they will surrender before the real battle

@Qelix

By killing the commanders right before the main skirmish happen will cause these army to incur massive losses, afterall, most of these soldiers are commoners that has little or no knowledge at all to command. Who knows maybe at the first battle they lose so much that they might need to surrender eventually. And burning supplies which is the life line of this army surely wont help, it will add confusion to everyone knowing that they will starve to death sooner than being killed in battle (im pretty sure you consume alot of food when under stress), thats a massive psychological impact on morale and definetely affects each person's performace. In hindsight, the civil war might end sooner than later which will preserve their armies and supplies for the upcoming demon invasion, unless, the Leader of this army became insane and fight to the end

@Qelix Impact matters, but not much. The butterfly effect grows exponentially. Every Lyapunov time, the error will multiply by e. I'm having a hard time finding hard numbers on the Lyapunov time for weather, but it's generally said to be in hours. Even if all you did was move an atom on Pluto, the tidal forces would completely change the weather given years.

its been soo long and i forgot whats happening already, and the monthly short chapters makes it worst

Dex-chan lover
I'm getting this feeling of annoyance with this series. things just keep going too well for kail. this cant be just me?

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the magic stones. The ultimate solution to every problem.

Users who are viewing this thread