Twitter Plays a Visual Novel - Ch. 13 - Alternate Ending

I think I prefer the other ending only because in that ending the protagonist seems to be a lot happier after Shiren's funeral seeing the kid and seeing the purpose of Shiren's death and how it saved many people and how seemingly he saw a better future but idk thats just how I see it

selfish ending
the other ending was better, takumi developed as a character in the end by moving on and in this one he would rather let people be killed by the curse just to be with shiren

Dex-chan lover
Way better ending than the other one.

No way in hell I'd ever let someone I love sacrifice themselves for some fucking strangers.

And I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To be a better man

Double-page supporter
@Kutabarie Quite a lot of people wouldn’t really give a rats ass about other people.

I wouldn’t either. I don’t have some heroic sense of the greater good. I put my family and those closer to me above everyone else. This means if it’s them vs everyone, I’m going against everyone, regardless of how many those “everyone” are in numbers.

Supporter
To those of you calling this selfish:
You're completely ignoring that the ritual murder is still on the table.

You're the shortsighted selfish ones, in the worst case scenario of this ending, where they fail to find any other solutions/have children with her powers, she can still die by his hand at an old age, both freeing the last batch of people and having prolonged the lives of thousands of people over her life. (The last batch being possibly much larger too, if she managed to train her powers.)

Fed-Kun's army
I prefer this ending, because Takumi can take personal responsibility in not only keeping Shiren alive but also in mitigating the curse with her detection. Sacrificing someone for a stopgap solution will not solve the greater problem (look at Radiant Historia, especially without the hokey Perfect Chronology Golden Ending that magically absolves the main antagonist of his crimes).

Shiren bought those other people all the time she could, and that alone is praiseworthy. Throwing her own life away just to save theirs ultimately passes the buck and allows the curse's continued existence.

Dex-chan lover
@killerbota Not really; he's choosing not to let the woman he loves die for some strangers.

You shouldn't be forced to sacrifice your life to save others. Heck, she absorbed a lot of their curse and extended their lives. That alone should be worthy of praise.

I think it would be more selfish to ask for more from her.

Users who are viewing this thread