TyperTools - Photoshop extension for typesetters.

Contributor
My humble feature request is for multiple project support. I currently manage that in a clumsy way by deleting all my styles manually and importing a styles json for whatever project I'm working on now, along with pasting the script in out of a saved text document. That's fine, but it would be amazing if I could automatically switch between stored projects within the extension (each project corresponding to a different script and different set of text styles).
I'm going to implement it in the next update, stay tuned.

Power Uploader
@Swirt, wew, good thing I don't have to get Telegram to catch you ;)
When I used the version 1.0.0 it worked almost just fine. I had issue that the language of the text would be changed, which was annoying... So I tried updating, and versions 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 won't work with pasting text (aligning works) like so...
VbLrWbh.jpg

For now, rolled back to 1.0.0 personally... and I think I figured out how to fix language change...

Contributor
@biribiri It's kind of weird. I'll try to figure it out.
Can you try to create a new style (in 1.3.2) and paste text using it?

Power Uploader
@Swirt
Yeah, seems like that happens if there's no style predefined. After making a new style it fixed. Can't say if that was an issue in the first version or no... Kinda expected it to use current text settings.

Contributor
Version 1.4.0 is out!

https://swirt.github.io/typertools/

-Added ability to group styles into folders (@CiceroCiceronis)
-Added ability to scale font size which allows to easily adjust size of pasted text to any scans (@AerialAtom)
-Extension actions can now apply to multiple selected layers.
-Bug fixes and optimizations.

typertools.png

@biribiri
Kinda expected it to use current text settings
Photoshop doesn't allow me to see what settings are set in your interface. I can only copy parameters from a specific text layer.
I've fixed this bug. Now, when pasting text without a selected style, the default style will be used.

Power Uploader
@Swirt
Makes sense. I think the problem was the error message not being helpful at all. Should say that it couldn't find style to use or something like that :D

Suggestion: Would it be possible to have a preset dropdown?
What I mean by this, is if you help out a couple different groups. You could save and export those settings but then have them as presets. To load on the fly, instead of having to import them every time.
Just noticed an update and it adds folders. I guess this would suite the purpose I need.

Question: When you save a layer style, does it also save the blending options as well? Like strokes, etc

Contributor
@Ryahn
When you save a layer style, does it also save the blending options as well? Like strokes, etc
No. I originally tried to do it, but it turned out that Photoshop has problems with copying the blend options programmatically (it just gives me the wrong data). Maybe I'll try to find a solution sometime later.

Suggest: Would it be possible to turn off groups? I ran into the issue where if I have two of the same styles set with the same leading character "++ s:", it randomly picks one. I was thinking that if a group was inactive (collapsed), it would be used.

Contributor
@Ryahn
It makes sense. So far, I've made it so that if there are styles with the same tags, then the style from the topmost folder will be selected. So you can sort them as you need.
Check out v.1.4.1: https://swirt.github.io/typertools/ (there are also a bunch of bugfixes).

@kamirror
In theory, it should work on Mac too. I just haven't written an installer yet. I need someone to rewrite my .cmd script to .sh...
For now, you can try to install it manually:
1. Close Photoshop if it is open.
2. Copy the contents of the extension folder to
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/typertools/
3. Run in Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.9.plist PlayerDebugMode 1 && killall -u `whoami` cfprefsd
This will allow your Photoshop to launch extensions not only from the official Marketplace. You can only do it once.

Group Leader
Been using this for a while now, just wanted to let you know that its an amazing extension :)

Group Leader
Just wanted to say that this is an great extension that really speeds up typesetting time.

Group Leader
Hello, am a Mac plebian struggling a lot to download this. I'm on Mojave (10.14) if that's relevant, and the photoshop version I'm using is CC 2019. I managed to download the zip, moved it to the extensions folder, and ran that code in terminal, but nothing's showing up in photoshop. :/ Anyone happen to know what I could try?

https://imgur.com/a/pLiKeWw

Fiddling around with a .dmg got it to work. Thank u sm to the person who helped me out!

Group Leader
@Swirt is there a way to disable spell check in the text editor? It's kinda annoying to see all the red underlines just because I'm not typesetting in English

Group Leader
@Ryahn Were you able to successfully download typertools on mac? I desperately want to download it on mine but I don't understand the process.

Users who are viewing this thread