Tyrant's Tears - Ch. 1 - The Cursed Girl

woah, this is so interesting and refreshing!
I love it, thank you for bringing this awesome manhua to us!

I am Indian and I have never heard of India being mentioned in a Korean comic before 😮 except for that comic with the tea loving FL who called India by its original name “Bharath”. The author’s interpretation of India and Indian culture is SO WRONG here. Not even the clothes are done right. And the Tag Mahal is so damn overrated. The whole romance story behind it is utter nonsense and fake. There are so many other, more beautiful and more incredible works of architecture in India that can easily put the tag mahal to shame. Oh well, it’s just a comic so I won’t get personally offended, the story looks interesting so far and I am excited to read the rest! Thanks for translating this!

I hate to be that person, but the Indians don't even look Indian at all. Is the main girl suppose to be Indian? I thought Leesha was a latin name? Is that name popular in India?

Regardless, the story is interesting so far.

Double-page supporter
@Plain_Jane I was gonna say these are the whitest Indian people I have ever seen. I assume it is because Koreans and their culture's unrealistic beauty standards obsession treats dark skin as ugly so they "had" to be fair skinned if they wanted the series to sell

Double-page supporter
Catboy said it is a birthmark? Looks more like her face was branded to me

@Sora124 ikr I am an Indian as well tag Mahal (lol) is extremely over rated and over shadows other good architectural structures

D-did she just..... drink perfume? 😨

Also, the guards were talking about how "she refuses to admit her crimes" while her mouth was gaged... and she is obviously mute too....

This is the first time I've come across a manhua with india as the setting. Though it's been inaccurately portrayed but its fiction so I'm excited to read this.

The story is extremely interesting and one of it's kind that I've seen in days! :0
@genericlinic is right. Furthermore, it made my country sound like it's helpless.

the male lead doesn't look slightly desi nor persian in anyway shape or form - he's literally chinese. and the fact that most of the indian clothes transition into 'traditionally-chinese-inspired' ig clothing is kinda annoying. definitely little to no research done on india. just base it on chinese culture idk why they used south asian culture.

Users who are viewing this thread