Uchida-san wa Zettai ni Gyaru Janai! - Ch. 8

Group Leader
next chapter last chapter
first the host girl yuri manga now this can't have shit in this world
Both from the same magazine too lol. iirc they ended one issue apart.

I'm gonna be honest though, as much as this could have lasted longer, I also don't think its premise is strong enough to keep it afloat. Plus like people in this thread are noticing, their chemistry wasn't that good. The girls' motivations were flimsy and the guy wasn't very interesting either. I think it's fine to accept that this series was just a dud, it happens.

Dex-chan lover
One and done huh? I guess the guy going so hard against her advances kinda killed any momentum the series had, especially since he's kind of an asshole about it too. Shame.
Yeah no, this is 100% her using reverse psychology.

Dex-chan lover
S
I
Yeah I'm not seeing what this guy is doing wrong. I mean I guess in the context of "it's a romcom manga so the two leads will get together", sure, but if you think about it realistically, this girl is low key crazy. "Never stick your dick in crazy" Remember that her whole reason for liking him is because they both have the same interpretation of a character in a manga. Shared interests is obviously good for a relationship, but it seems like that's the ONLY reason, and she gave herself a complete makeover to become his ideal girl. Can anyone say "obsessed"?
Sir this is a gag manga

Dex-chan lover
honestly this story could have done at least one more volume. the comedy is great and the romance isnt stupid.

Contributor
Holy.

This might be the hardest, most abrupt axe I've ever seen. Usually they give them a grace period of a few chapters to round things off but two chapters for the entire ending? That's rough.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of those stories people would view differently if the genders were swapped. Though there are many of those stories (not this exact setup, but close enough) as well, so it'd probably still work. Main difference is probably that people would be more accepting to the character rejecting the constant unwanted advances, which would absolutely be red flags IRL (but frequently accepted in cute romcom mangas).

From what his character is and where the story is going, sure. But for refusing someone who's consistently refused to acknowledge being refused, not really. She's not entitled to him accepting her, but she acts like it. Unpopular opinion, but I don't think he's done anything wrong that matters.

But also from a story perspective, it needed to happen. It needs to get worse before it gets better, since it's not a slow-burn SOL.

Since it's a romcom with more emphasis on the comedy, it's fine if characters aren't what we would accept IRL, though. Makes for funny situations.
My hate for tsundere transcends gender, believe me

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh, I already recognize the shitty writing pattern. There's going to be an NTR bait that will make him realize he loves her.
I already fucking hate it :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
The idea that he's "wrong" for rejecting her is, frankly, idiotic.

No one "owes" anyone a positive response to their advances, but for some reason we have this weird notion that is someone tries really hard you "ought to" give them a shot.

That's just wrong.

The same way it would be wrong to force yourself to accept your stalker because they lost weight.

The whole thing has really strong incel-y/FDS vibes, with romantic and sexual favours being "owed" based on effort put in.
I agree with this, but I think the actual plot (maybe not so well written) is that he likes her the way she is (the whole gyaru stuff she is making because of him, not because she wanted to be a Gyaru)

Dex-chan lover
I agree and disagree. I hate when a series drags out they will they won't they portion of the story but I also hate the trend of immediately ending a series when the couple gets together.
to be honest it's not a trend. It's dated and everyone hates it. (something something Reiwa spirit something)

Dex-chan lover
Last chapter hopefully she gets together with someone who isn't a jerk to her and then Happy Ending.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter is the fucking chapter LETSGOOO
Kinda sad this was a short one. I really liked her character

Supporter
Ohhh, I already recognize the shitty writing pattern. There's going to be an NTR bait that will make him realize he loves her.
I already fucking hate it :wooow:
I would love to know what your definition of "NTR bait" is, and how it applies to a 9 chapter 4-koma series that has only four named characters, and three of them are girls. Heck, they've only ever showed other guys even existing once in the background of chapter 1, page 3, and then a second time this chapter on page 9.

Users who are viewing this thread