Uchida-san wa Zettai ni Gyaru Janai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Well... I guess... it's basically inevitable right? It got axed and the author didn't want to pull the trigger but it's pretty much been set for a while now.

Can't say I'll miss this one though, MC was always too much of a dick to the girl for no reason, even if he realized way too late.
I feel like author never got the chance to go through that development. hints of that are here and there but its like the author planned to have a couple more volumes out and do it more slowly

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this series died with a whimper.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was definitely expecting something more substantial than this.

Group Leader
Well sadly while the main couple and premise was funny & sweet the side characters were tropes / obstacles :aquadrink: better luck next time author! (still only 9 chaps that's harsh!)

Dex-chan lover
suisei-axe.gif

Dex-chan lover
It short but at least it ends in a funny way :lul: Could remember it for that alone.

Dex-chan lover
I'll miss this one, it was quite nice.

It certainly wasn't great by any definition of the word, but ,just like a comfort food it doesn't need to be amazing to make you happy.

Double-page supporter
Really surprising to learn this one was genuinely not axed. I've read manga that got axed that had better endings.
It wasn't terrible. The concept was alright. It always made me funny how people here would get butthurt over the main character having the audacity of having standards and not just going along with her feelings of him being obligated to date her because of her faux-personality-change.

But it feels like it really needed more time to cook. Him suddenly being 100% okay with being able to admit he's into her her feels really forced for the sake of it being over when literally one chapter earlier the drama was built up around him stating in no uncertain terms that he'd never date her.

Nothing about it felt really natural at all in the end. Which is kinda ironically fitting for a story all about a girl who is acting completely unnatural.

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda liked the ending honestly. Uchida (female mc) shows that her obsession with Naruse (male mc) doesn't override her own core otaku-ness by shushing him while watching the movie. Naruse echoes his comment in the first chapter that she is not a real gyaru but this time it is more meant as an affectionate comment as he says it when she still has interests of her own.

I always hate endings like this, why give us an open ending? Just close it dammit. Still it was good for as long as it lasted

Users who are viewing this thread