Uchuu Kyoudai - Ch. 408 - Helpless

Dex-chan lover
Woah 3 at once, thanks.

So I suppose they are catching him on next loop or something like that ? In space it usually make more sense to go around than trying to reverse.

Dex-chan lover
well... mutta, GG.

seriously even if we know they will make it, it stills leaves that sensation of despair...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly kinda at the point of dropping this, it's like it's trying to jump the shark every new chapter.
Well the end is only 1-2 volumes away, so there is no point dropping it now.
But yes, the story has really gone downhill. Which pains me a lot because during the astronaut training this manga was legit in my all-time Top 10 (and by that point I had read well over 4,000 manga). When the author decided to sideline Serika, Kenji, Nitta & Ena for the new characters whose names I can‘t bother to remember, I already felt a disconnect with the characters. But at least the story was still kinda good.

But now… it‘s just pain. And the fact that we won‘t get to see a full-fledged Mars mission (which was hinted at multiple times throughout the series) is the final nail in the coffin.
So many long-running manga go down the drain after a while. And I don‘t know why.

Double-page supporter
Mutta will do it, and he will be the first astronaut completing an orbit 'round the moon for pleasure.

And also a true Hero!

Dex-chan lover
Wow 3 chapters all together!
Mutta again being the greatest hero, and quite the cliffhanger. I hope Hibito cant save him with the Soyuz, feels so impossible.
And finally, we are going to have more anime for this great series, even knowing its finally ending, for real this time the manga, bittersweet news to me.
Thanks for the TL :)

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sure Kerbal space program players can kinda guess what kind of maneuver the craft is gonna make

Dex-chan lover
Woah 3 at once, thanks.

So I suppose they are catching him on next loop or something like that ? In space it usually make more sense to go around than trying to reverse.
They would have to intercept him which should be doable if they start calculating now and spend just 1% of their fuel to curse correct the difference in angle (or have Hibito anchor himself to the Soyus and jump to intercept Mutta on the loop back, but that one would be silly even it doesn't spends fuel)

Dex-chan lover
I want my happy ending but would respect the author's wishes if Mutta ends up being one with space forever, just like Kars

Group Leader
You know, something that happened in chapter 406 but that no one has really mention is the fact that Mutta managed to land on Hibito on his first jump while being a WAY smaller target than the Soyuz.
Sure he had the jet arm for help but he also had the risk to spin out of control and he also avoided that, maybe Mutta should had been the one to jump from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread