Ueno-san wa Bukiyou - Vol. 10 Ch. 101 - Rokka-kun

Group Leader
What? Really? Is this the end?

7OkMXqj.gif

Ps. Thank you to the scanlators for the HUGE job they did. Not only the translation but also with the notes.
Thank you, really.

Dex-chan lover
Off screen romance? No (full) protagonists in the last chapter? Quite unexpected. Good for them i guess

Double-page supporter
Nice to see a callback all the way to chapter 1, to see that the Science Club not only survived but thrived, and to see President Yamashita putting her foot down.

More than anything else though, thanks Bainhardt for lavishing this series with attention and sharing the journey with the rest of us. That just made it that much more enjoyable.

OOF already 68 replies, one hell of a salt mine.
Reminder this was randomly and quickly AXED. The ending is a fuck you to readers for not supporting the manga. I hope dude never ever ever gets his work serialized again. I knew I was going to be disappointed by the ending. Lets be honest here Japanese people cannot for the life of them write endings or end stories at all properly. But this god damn, this was next level, its been ages since I felt so used dirty cheap etc etc
It started with drinking piss and shit
It ended with drinking piss and shit
P O E T I C

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is pretty fun chapter, unique and pretty both move, i will give the author that. but no closure to the main pair is fucking with the reader, come the fuck on. Someone tell me there gonna be some extra chapter please !
Yamashita didn't seem to mind Ueno's antics of trying to get Tanaka to unknowingly do perverted things to her (a lot of her inventions were along those lines). Given that, her being so against dating in the club could be a sign that Ueno & Tanaka did get together and were insufferably annoying as a couple. Probably more Ueno being insufferable, not Tanaka, but still.
> Page 6
Why is Yamashita confused for a freshman, tho?
Probably because she's small and plain, and was part of the crowd. The rest of the first years were focused on Tamon and just assumed she was one of them. The neckerchief stripes denoting year are pretty subtle.

Dex-chan lover
I thank you, mr. Bainhardt, for providing us with Ueno's madness and adapting it for us all these years.
And I condemn the author for not leaving us even an easter egg group photo with the old club members depicting Ueno's wish being fulfilled.

Dex-chan lover
Yamashita probably doesn't really mind about romance, after all, she helped Ueno. I'd like to believe that somehow the MCs got together, then their couple aura annoys her so much that she banned romance altogether :dogkek:

Thank you for your releases!
my head canon, i will believe this for my soul sake, but anyway, thank you translator, you were the best, even this ending wasnt.

Dex-chan lover
And now that i think about it, tanaka never appeared in any cover, how sad

Dex-chan lover
A fully heart felt "thank you!" for the translation. I thought I'd never see this one completed all the way through to the ending.

Dex-chan lover
Outstanding contribution to scanlation. I've referenced this as a gold standard for proper localisation before, and will continue to.
Thank you for your exemplary work.

warning, big ol' heap of text,

so right

-We never see firsthand if Ueno ever succeeds in getting with Tanaka (though i agree with Yamashita saying "dating," tugeneko's implying it)

-We never really see how her feelings for him develop, like the "just us two after the 3rd years leave" line in the anime implied something, but in the manga flashback she just got pissed at him. I can only assume he had constant enthusiasm for the safety of the club & believed in her, which made her like him?

-Never see how Yamashita & Ueno eventually got along (though i guess it just started as one girl helping another with a crush)

-We completely skip the year it was just Tanaka & Yamashita in the science club

-Don't know how Ueno continued to go after Tanaka after she moved to highschool, if she gave up for a year, or if she ever reunited with Tanaka in the same school (my headcanon)

-Minamine's potential crush on Tanaka goes who-knows-where

-The inventions I get, but is UeNo.13 just gonna stay at the school until the power-producing-spats break? though i guess Ueno could just fix a visit. Also I'm genuinely wondering if she's OK given she loved Tanaka but he already graduated. The in-between year we didn't see with Ueno not around..man I wonder if Tanaka was ok lmao

-literally 4th to last page ever tugeneko says Tanaka had a 3rd older sister all along (they have to be having fun adding characters last second lmao)

stuff resolved

-Tanaka PROBABLY have feelings or, imo, was in the process of developing feelings for Ueno, he just didn't realize his admiration could be romantic given he was a late bloomer (mentally I mean)

-Ueno's initial worry of the science club being forgotton was resolved, as her inventions could keep entertaining new members in a revolving fashion, or maybe even inspire them. Also UeNo.13. Hard to forget with her around.

Goddamn I love these characters but man so much went nowhere or was unresolved (definitively) it really hurts the manga. If tugeneko's next work isn't a sequal ill just suck my thumb throw a fit i guess
Still, personal 8.5/10 but wouldn't reccomend it to people who care about resolutions, will always remember this one.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much for the laughs and cute stuff
Now im gonna sit in a corner to contemplate

Where should i go next bros 😔

Users who are viewing this thread