Ueno-san wa Bukiyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 51 - UOF

VIP
According to wiki, the club presidents' names form an idiom, 錦上添花

Group Leader
@Pnutz Oh wow, I dunno how I went this long without actually checking anything else on the wiki (just been using the chapter title reference), but glad to hear it has an explanation.
I'm gonna whip up a quick update to the end page to write about these new findings.

Oh man, there's a section with all of Yamashita's book titles too...

edit: All right, edited end page is up. Also forgot to mention GDQ stream starts tomorrow, so expect more updates over the next week. I'm thinking maybe 2-3 chapters if I'm good.

Group Leader
*Heavy Breathing* I-I-Is this....
*HEAVY BREATHING* G-g-girl's..
*Weird Eldric Breathing and licking* g-g-GIRLS TALK!??!?!?

Dex-chan lover
Fuck you Soegi-san! You could have had me, the intellectual gamer, but you instead chose the manlet chad Hayashi-kun.
This is the problem with society.

Fed-Kun's army
This was a fun chapter, we need more of Ueno interacting with other weird-ass girls instead of doing the Boke/Tsukkomi thing with Tanaka

Fed-Kun's army
When I first saw the title I thought of UMA (unidentified mysterious animal) or UFO, except spelled differently. Kind of surprised to see a second chapter with no actual inventions. Just randomness.

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter for the GAMERS, all we need is unity through waifus.

Group Leader
Hello everyone. As strange as it is to be editing chapters more than 6 months after release, I still find myself wondering occasionally about things that left me confused during my time working on this manga, and the moment with Kitanaga-san in this chapter remains one of them. I wonder if they'll ever come back to that...?

Anyway, I recently found while reading some entries on the wiki that I may have misinterpreted one of Nishikibe's sentences on that same page, which I've now updated.
I say "misinterpreted" because technically what I wrote was one possible correct meaning, but I might have been tone-deaf to the intended reading, if that makes sense. Essentially, Nishikibe calls Hayashi-kun ちっちゃい, which can mean either short/small or the equivalent of "has a bad reputation." Given that the scene was just girls gossiping about some guy, both options seemed equally likely to me, and as they go out of their way to mention he's on a sports team, physical judgments seemed even more likely at the time. However, the wiki, although unofficial, seems to go with the bad reputation reading, so I've changed this dialogue to refer to Hayashi-kun as the horny, dirty boy he apparently is meant to be. And still, no clue as to why Nishikibe is singling Kitanaga out here.

Users who are viewing this thread