Ueno-san wa Bukiyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 54 - Weighbels

Dex-chan lover
This
W6.jpg
and this
7dd.jpg
They are the same picture

Double-page supporter
String panties are a little more on the mature side but these ones are pretty cute too.

"Chesuto!" Is the Kagoshima dialect equivalent of "Ganbare!” According to the katanagatari wiki

Supporter
@kino280 I figured it was ‘chesto’ (from kiai) because she struck him (and put the Weighbels on him). I know nothing about Japanese though, so I have no idea if this could be correct based on the characters used or any other language intricacies.

@bainhardt thanks for putting me in the end note. That's how I also confirmed that a volume 7 was coming out. I am so glad a new book Is coming out. Thank you for scanlating my favorite manga and I hope to see more work from you.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
"Chesuto" is just a kind of a cheer or chant, something you yell to get pumped. Doesn't really mean anything. The way you translated that bit is fine, I would've probably defaulted to something like "gottem!" as a bit of a joke.

Dex-chan lover
@Variousletters Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I know the game but haven't actually played the board version. And for some reason Game of Life keeps popping-up in anime/manga a lot...
I applaud the artist for their creative ways of depicting stuff like this, but yeah, it sucks for people who don't get it.

Fed-Kun's army
As usual, Tanaka finds himself a way to accidentally label himself an asshole/pervert. He just doesn't listen to pleas. Or really anything in general. On the other hand, Ueno is a dick for putting those things on both Tanaka and Yamashita without warning.

Dex-chan lover
In my weeb experience "Chestou!" is something shouted when you punch someone in the chest. But I'm ok with being wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread