Ueno-san wa Bukiyou - Vol. 8 Ch. 73 - Visconeter

Supporter
I like them bizarre references, but i feel conflicted when i realize that even if i was a native japanese i wouldn't ever get get them without the help of a wiki.

@stareatmyname Well you could take it anyhow you want. That was why I 'left it at that'. You do realize that this manga violates many laws of Physics be they Newtonian or Quantum Mechanical. But then again our world is itself a Non-deterministic partially observable non-episodic dynamic multi-agent environment. Even on using stochastic methods, you still do not get deterministic results; they always have some amount of uncertainty attached with them, however small; so one might argue that it is possible to construct such devices as Ueno does which clearly violate our well established laws; for instance violation of Einstein's mass-energy conservation laws, Clausius' inequality for entropy, Newton's third law, etc. Well to formally prove this argument false, one would need to give several proofs, etc. but it is pointless since this is a manga. Now why did I even bother with explaining all that Phew!

Group Leader
@urtoast Although it does sometimes make me feel like a researcher in a sprawling library, I don't think there are any universities willing to award degrees for Google deep dives and language-crossing games of connect the dots. In other words, you could say
This is impossible from the point of Cultural Anthropology.
9Z7uWZD.png

@LordZero I think they're often obscure on purpose, and at this point I'm just about convinced tugeneko does them for his own personal enjoyment. Although Dinosaur Planet was broadcast on NHK, my search results didn't suggest it to be a particularly well-remembered anime. And even when he referenced something as universally recognized as Dragon Ball, it was very specific dialogue from one random scene instead of like... a kamehameha or something.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bainhart : I'm starting to think that the title is what take you the most time and effort to translate 😅

Group Leader
@LordZero Weird, I've been about as active on twitter as ever in the past. Maybe more so, I recently tried streaming some of my sessions working on Ueno and using twitter to announce when it's live.

@Bainhardt OH MY GOD I LOVE GOTCHA FORCE!!! You literally just made an old woman's day!! Thank you for the translation also!

Group Leader
@KrazyKyo I originally sent you a private message about it but I'm not sure whether you received it. For future reference, all contact information is listed on the Graveyard of Airships blog's About page. Although I do try to respond to most pings and PMs here on MangaDex.

@auxy I'm glad I managed to cram that mention in then, lol. I couldn't stop thinking about it the entire time I was working.

@knight_evangel What do you wish to imply? By "copypasta" I think you mean spamming by pasting a block of copied text? If I'm getting it right, what you mean is that what I wrote should be used as a spam? I have not exactly written something very deep, but something very obvious if we remove some technical terms; but it could be very annoying to others if spammed, which I think was your point.

Dex-chan lover
@crudelidiaboli A copypasta usually has a few words replaced (the subject and maybe one or two verbs that are more relevant to said changed subject). Have you ever seen someone say "To be fair, it takes a very high IQ to understand-(redacted). The (redacted) is extremely subtle"....? That is a copypasta, the original paragraph was about Rick and Morty.

Like most memes, it's meant for the sake of conversational wit but eventually demoted to intentional spam.

Users who are viewing this thread