Uesugi-kun wa Onnanoko wo Yametai - Ch. 1

Group Leader
Hello, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Uesugi-kun Wants to Quit Being a Girl.
I'm hijacking the first comment to mention a couple of things:
  1. I'll likely have the second chapter out in 2 weeks, and the third chapter in another 2-3 weeks.
  2. I'll try to catch up with the current release schedule before the end of the year, but I won't make any promises since I'm working on other series (on top of a full-time job & other responsibilities).
  3. This took me 25 hours to edit and translate. I hope you're happy, anon.
  4. I love gap moe.

Dex-chan lover
Don’t like Noel at all, weird-ass girl looking at her friends like that. Anyways this is obviously going the GB -> Pseudo-straight route right? Seems kinda obvious given Eito’s reaction at that conversation about casual BL/GL. Dude’s definitely mad he can’t be affectionate in that way without being judged. Eito seems like a much better person.

Dex-chan lover
so she like eito kei like her but eito like who please dont tell mr eito wanna make yaoi

Dex-chan lover
Don't "joke" while praying is the lesson here. Assuming it was a joke. I have a hunch that of all the dumb wishes made, only that one was from the heart.

Not that Keisuke wants to be a girl per se, but envies how girls are less lonely or more openly affectionate with each other. What I find interesting is that Eito himself shares the sentiment. This premise could've very easily worked as well with Eito having been the one turned into a girl.
... while not likely to happen, I'd love it if the direction became Keisuke + Eito TS yuri (both of them being transformed by the end!) with Noel more or less left with nothing. But their childhood friendship being renewed nonetheless.

Anyways thank you for the TL, wyste! I've always loved your work.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
What's doomscrolling

This took me 25 hours to edit and translate.

Seriously, that's crazy. You probably edited a lot more than what is necessary.

Supporter
Anyways this is obviously going the GB -> Pseudo-straight route right?

The series is tagged on its host website as a "love triangle". One volume in, all I'll say is it's not being obvious either way.

Don't "joke" while praying is the lesson here. Assuming it was a joke. I have a hunch that of all the dumb wishes made, only that one was from the heart.

Not that Keisuke wants to be a girl per se, but envies how girls are less lonely or more openly affectionate with each other. What I find interesting is that Eito himself shares the sentiment.

It's very shoujo for two boys to casually admit their gender envy that girls can hug each other without getting called gay. Then that indirectly leads to one of them getting turned into a girl. Which I cannot call anything but comically mean-spirited and also a tone-setter.

Users who are viewing this thread